EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

has the USA turned to a menace?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

has the USA turned to a menace?

Postby zoonpolitikon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:15 pm

It´s about the well-known sense of antiamericanism, which has increased specially because of the policy of preventive war adopted by President Bush.
It makes us to hear things as that USA is not a friendly country, but a real menace, in so far as it would not hesitate in striking another country, in case of a minimal conflict of interests.
I think it´s absurd. As a great admirer of American people and culture, and specially of its values, I still believe the USA is not a menace, but a friendly and welcoming country.
...Am i right?
zoonpolitikon

Postby Dixie » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:17 pm

Bush is the menace, not the country.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby zoonpolitikon » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:09 pm

That´s the point, Bush is the menace. However, Bush was reelected by the US people, that is, by the country.
What I am concerned about is what are the Americans thinking about Bush arrogant policy. Don´t they care about the harmful efeccts it can cause? Are they ignoring that is much better to be admired than to be fearsome?
You're right, Dixie, but for the people of a country which is being threatened there is no difference wether the menace comes from the president or from the country itself.
I'd like to know how concerned the americans are about the sense of anti-americanism. Recent researchs has shown that the number of foreing students in the US universities has decreased more than 30%, not only because of the increasingly restricive immigration laws, but also because a lot of those students would feel unsafe in the USA, not to mention a lot of others who are going to look for other countries, because of the mentioned unfriendly image the USA is gaining through this disastrous Bush era.
zoonpolitikon

Postby Luke CN » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:37 am

You're right, Dixie, but for the people of a country which is being threatened there is no difference wether the menace comes from the president or from the country itself.

Hi Zoon, I agree with your opinion.

Let us celebrate the good relationship between China and Brazil. Our presient visited your esteemed courty yesterday, which we bring bright future for both courties.

Hope we can good friends too.

Yours,
Luke
Luke CN
Silver Member

Postby Mr. Wiggles ™ » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:27 pm

well, USA is not a menace, i disagree that bush is a menace as well, though morever all of his recent actions can cause eyebrows to raise, but the fact that he was re-elected. shows that people still trust him...
if its about the oil thing that he craves,
thats the sad part, he can just sell the oil and make iraq or any arabian country prosper, by giving the money to that country
especially that no one really is ruling as we speak, remember saddam ? he is in jail... ayt ?

i'll be a bit bold in saying that... all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
so that means all these unpopular actions, issues ...
are pieces of the big prophesy that is coming,
which is the end is near...

so i guess we need to meditate and keep this in mind,
USA IS NOT A MENACE....
wiggle it just a little bit ™
Mr. Wiggles ™

Postby Dixie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:31 pm

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:i'll be a bit bold in saying that... all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
which is the end is near...

so i guess we need to meditate and keep this in mind,
USA IS NOT A MENACE....

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dixie

Postby francine » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:if its about the oil thing that he craves,
thats the sad part, he can just sell the oil and make iraq or any arabian country prosper, by giving the money to that country
especially that no one really is ruling as we speak, remember saddam ? he is in jail... ayt ?

can we just promote and use the water that the Filipino engineer invented instead of gas? i'm really waiting for it to be released in the market and be used by everyone. but not all agree to that. you see, many businessmen won't agree to that and some coutries as well. their business will go down. :roll:
francine
Platinum Member

re:

Postby robin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:47 pm

everybody know that why usa wants on ıraq ,:ıt is cash ,petrol
usa and bush are menace
robin

Postby essie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:43 am

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
which is the end is near....

lol!!! I wish people would stop saying that. The bible can be translated to suite anyone’s agenda. So can every other religious text. The bible does not directly prophesize any recent events, but it rather vaguely describes things that can be manipulated. Some may see this as a "bold statement", but just rub your eyes a little; maybe you'll see a bit better. :P

Bush administration and half of the American population = accessory to murder..
essie
Gold Member

Dangers.

Postby renecohrt » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 am

It makes me sad to experience nations exposed as dangers and so wrong, knowing that every living being is a potential threat to himself and mankind.

In less than 50 years mankind probably does not exist.
renecohrt

Next

Return to Current News