Why do we want to design our future babies?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

suhana

Why do we want to design our future babies?

Post by suhana »

Nowadays, things are getting more and more out of control. After a worldwide controversial issue of human cloning, now we have to face with a new scintific term which brings another controversy; designed babies. Why would we want to design our future babies? Has God lost His power to do the job or it is us who want to play god?
Books are friends that never fail me...
baker

Re: Why do we want to design our future babies?

Post by baker »

suhana wrote: Why do we want to design our future babies?
I don't believe most people would want that. I certainly don't.

suhana wrote:Nowadays, things are getting more and more out of control.
Out of whose control? I mean, wouldn't a desire to design babies, also mean a desire to gain more control.
suhana

explanation

Post by suhana »

What i meant by getting out of control is that the situation nowadays. They people might think they have the control when they try to design their own babies. However, they never know whether the result appears as what they have planned or it is going to be the other way around. It is the matter of perception; what they think, and what is really happening... :wink:
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

Maybe I like having a designed babe, who will be a perfect person without any weakness,It sounds exciting.
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

Maybe I like having a designed babe, who will be a perfect person without any weakness,It sounds exciting.
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Why do we want to design our future babies?

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hello every one

well i am totally against cloning and designed babies..i dont like the idea of cloing my self or even to design my own future babies coz it will be like challenging allah (god) or assuming to play his role....just thinking of the punishment is enough for me to reject those ideas,technology or what ever u guys call it...

Post by Guest »

Designed babies? Do you mean by in-vitro fetilization--making babies in the lab? Also, where did you get the information that we can design or choose how our babies should be like? I'd like to know where you've gotten that from. For what I know there's still an agruement whether we should continue to study how to clone humans or ban it forever. It'll take forever for this to happen.
suhana

Post by suhana »

If you want to know more about designed babies, please read the previous Newsweek magazine. Anyway, sorry that I can't remember which issue. Or a better idea is to surf the net :wink:
invisible

Post by invisible »

Designing our next generations? NO NO NO
How can a person be perfect? This world has developed so far like it is now. It’s all because we are not perfect and we are trying to improve human being, our lives and everything around us.
Hey coolguy, you are expecting a baby without weakness? Oh it sounds interesting. And it also sounds unrealistic. It’s ourselves who create more and more diseases on the way improving this world ... lolz but true. Even if you can design a baby who will not catch any kinds of disease today, but if another disease appears, what would you do then? Take the baby to the lab, and tell scientists to ‘update’ your child’s health protective system???
NO NO NO ... NEVER PUT THIS TECHNOLOGY ON HUMAN!
Going around the world
Trying to find the words
-A spot in the wind-
adasiu

Post by adasiu »

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:Designed babies? Do you mean by in-vitro fetilization--making babies in the lab? Also, where did you get the information that we can design or choose how our babies should be like? I'd like to know where you've gotten that from. For what I know there's still an agruement whether we should continue to study how to clone humans or ban it forever. It'll take forever for this to happen.
Yes the society is still considering about whether the study should be continued or not. No one can promise that we can design our babies in the future, but scientists and some people do have interests about that.
However, if these really happens, I think people will soon lose their interest in it. All the babies are perfect, and it is really meaningless.