EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

G.Bush was re-elected

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

G.Bush was re-elected

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:57 am

The tight president election in America finished and Bust was re-elected. It is good news or not? Are Americans right when electing Bush president again? As I know most non-Americans supported J.Kerry and wanted Kerry to win because Bust has had a bad fame in the Iraq war. In America, however, people don't care about war (only 7% of the population cares about the Iraq war). They are more interested in economy, education, health care etc. And throughout the election, the American economy has been strongly developing. The unemployment rate has been sharply reducing. I wonder is it the main reason for Bush's success? I don't suprise when Bust won again. Hope there are no new wars under his new administration.

_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Fri May 20, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing lasts forever...
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby maryemily » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:50 am

we think that he lied, invented things to be able to invade Iraq....well, if this is true, why did he do so????? Based on the answers, we could judge if his re-election was good or not. But I don't know if Eua improved or not after Bush, what do you Americans think????????????
maryemily
Silver Member

Postby Arale » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:09 am

Well, as I said American people don't care about the Iraq war at all in this election. That is enough to say what their attitude towards the world is. I have no more ideas.

_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Tue May 17, 2005 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby maryemily » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:29 am

i have read in a magazine that the most americans' opinion is that if the war is about the petrol, ok, The usa is stronger and needs this, so, get this, maybe people who said that didn't have theis sons dead in the war. If americans are for the war, no matter its consequences and waste of money, money from the americans, I think they must agree with Bush....But, it doesn't mean that why it was written in magazine, it is true.
maryemily
Silver Member

Postby paradise » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:13 am

I'm with arale's opinion that americans dont care to the people killed in iraq who most of them are children and old people (i dont know are those the terrorists?) . :roll: .
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer
paradise
Silver Member

Bush re-elected

Postby Shazzam » Tue May 17, 2005 6:09 am

From the coverage prior to, and after the election. It would appear that the American people were more concerned about the fact that Bush (on the surface) is a Church going Christian. They were definately affected by the fact the John Kerry was a divorced man; who had been politically involved in the Vietnam fall-out (political).

I think Bush won because the voting Americans (those that chose to vote; as it isn't compulsory) looked at him as a family man of high moral and christian principals. It seems alot of Presidents have won under this banner.

Just my opinion. :roll:

I think it is a tragedy that this administration has caused so much pain; they are a pack of bullies and the world is their playground.

:twisted: :cry:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:33 am

It is a tragedy for all kind people that Bush was re-elected.

I totally agree with shazzam1452.
RedRose

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:55 pm

MissLT
Ethereal Member

WHY?

Postby real_lord » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:56 pm

people here think that MR Bush rules this world. It is not true any longer! What are you watching on your TV screens? History turns its everlasting circle once again and today British Empire is a brain of this world. Not US. I say BRAIN not FORCE of this world.
Well... I realise technology PROBABLY is better in US but history and long-lasting are on Europe's side. So Blair has to take care both about US and about Europe. It has happened never before cause Brits cared usually only outside continent.
Far from France I mean.
People mostly are US obsessed. I am far from that. Good? Bad?
Don't know. But what I believe superpowers come and superpowers go away while both Rome lasts and Jewish nation.
(Plus Polish hihihihi)
real_lord:)
real_lord

Re: WHY?

Postby Shazzam » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:44 am

real_lord wrote:people here think that MR Bush rules this world. It is not true any longer! What are you watching on your TV screens? History turns its everlasting circle once again and today British Empire is a brain of this world. Not US. I say BRAIN not FORCE of this world.
Well... I realise technology PROBABLY is better in US but history and long-lasting are on Europe's side. So Blair has to take care both about US and about Europe. real_lord:)

Oh my goodness what a scarry thought! Bush and Blair; to even consider that either of them has superior intelligence. Tradition doesn't rule world economic policies. :shock:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Current News