EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

A life of some women in Congo

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

A life of some women in Congo

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:27 am

I was flipping through the TV channels on Monday and I happened to see a documentary by Lisa Ling on Oprah about a life of women in Congo. It was so heart-touching that I decided to surf around on the net for the information. Those are the links for anyone who wants to check it out,
http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200501/ ... _106.jhtml
http://www.womenforwomen.org/drcjnar1.html
After reading the information on the second link, I couldn't stop but feeling graceful for what I'm having right now. I hope everyone who doesn't have the life that those women have should appreciate his/her life conditions. If you think your life is bad, just think about those women--their lives are the worst.
Guest
 

feeling fed up

Postby real_lord » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:13 pm

Sometimes I read your posts to check what interesting can you tell to me except of things I have already heard.
I think you sound more and more sensless. Really. You behave/speak like no crimes in US. Girl! Wake up! On English language sites (I mean on sites where mostly native speakers write) I have menaged to meet so many people with problems...
Problems are everywhere dear child. You can be raped and killed too in your dear US. 15 thousand of people die in New York each year being anonymous, homeless, somewhere in New-York sewage pipes. If you are ignorant of it the more convenient for you! The only difference between congo-women and you is that no "baby-bush" there to make economic-boom in their precious country.
Excellent US economy... so what for the war dear senseless simply-blessed???Perhaps children who are borning there aren't so skilled and smart as pioneers who came there some time ago and war seems to be the only solution when no oil for your air-planes in Texas .. But I hope- I DO hope you will be a wonderful exception to the rule that young people today are lazy and even more lazy to put some pain and effort into anything. And you will make your own total effort to pay your debt for US that spared you your Congo-like (probably) life in your native Vietnam. I hope to see you winning a Nobel prize for US at least in future because of your love for this country -as a kind of paying debts for these trimendous life possibilities that US gives you.. You know what I am writing about totally ......blessed-with-ignorance-and--strage-kind-of-commpassion. Really. If you really feel compasion to Congo-women send them some money or go and bake some cookies for them with your family at least. Really. Much useful for you probably than writing such pieces.
I feel shame every time when I read you. That's why mostly I avoid your crazy letters.
Happy not to live in US:)))
r_l
PS. I don’t want to offend here anyone. Really. But this girl sounds like total insane for me. Sorry. Of course I understand – that’s just another blessed possibility –writing on the Net and making other people nervous with ignorant posts...nevertheless...
BIG THANKS FOR READING,
Real_Lord
real_lord
 

Re: feeling fed up

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:44 pm

real_lord wrote:Sometimes I read your posts to check what interesting can you tell to me except of things I have already heard.
I think you sound more and more sensless. Really. You behave/speak like no crimes in US. Girl! Wake up! On English language sites (I mean on sites where mostly native speakers write) I have menaged to meet so many people with problems...
Problems are everywhere dear child. You can be raped and killed too in your dear US. 15 thousand of people die in New York each year being anonymous, homeless, somewhere in New-York sewage pipes. If you are ignorant of it the more convenient for you! The only difference between congo-women and you is that no "baby-bush" there to make economic-boom in their precious country.
Excellent US economy... so what for the war dear senseless simply-blessed???Perhaps children who are borning there aren't so skilled and smart as pioneers who came there some time ago and war seems to be the only solution when no oil for your air-planes in Texas .. But I hope- I DO hope you will be a wonderful exception to the rule that young people today are lazy and even more lazy to put some pain and effort into anything. And you will make your own total effort to pay your debt for US that spared you your Congo-like (probably) life in your native Vietnam. I hope to see you winning a Nobel prize for US at least in future because of your love for this country -as a kind of paying debts for these trimendous life possibilities that US gives you.. You know what I am writing about totally ......blessed-with-ignorance-and--strage-kind-of-commpassion. Really. If you really feel compasion to Congo-women send them some money or go and bake some cookies for them with your family at least. Really. Much useful for you probably than writing such pieces.
I feel shame every time when I read you. That's why mostly I avoid your crazy letters.
Happy not to live in US:)))
r_l
PS. I don’t want to offend here anyone. Really. But this girl sounds like total insane for me. Sorry. Of course I understand – that’s just another blessed possibility –writing on the Net and making other people nervous with ignorant posts...nevertheless...
BIG THANKS FOR READING,
Real_Lord

"I'm a peaceful person and I love peace but I like to make jokes of which country I should bomb or whom I should pick a fight for even that person has no intension or time to fight with me" After reading this post of yours and the post that you said you were a peaceful person and you love peace. I've rested my case that you ARE a big phony. :lol:
Guest
 

Re: feeling fed up

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:13 pm

real_lord wrote: You behave/speak like no crimes in US. Girl! Wake up! On English language sites (I mean on sites where mostly native speakers write) I have menaged to meet so many people with problems...
Problems are everywhere dear child. You can be raped and killed too in your dear US. 15 thousand of people die in New York each year being anonymous, homeless, somewhere in New-York sewage pipes.

Women get rapped every day on this Earth, but do they get rapped by group of men every day? Do their children get forced to rape their mothers? If you can't even have a bit of sympathy for the lives of those women are having there in Congo, I'm sorry but I'm starting to think we all should have a bit of sympathy for you--a sympathy for you that you can't even feel the pain that they're having over there.


real_lord wrote: If you are ignorant of it the more convenient for you! The only difference between congo-women and you is that no "baby-bush" there to make economic-boom in their precious country.
Excellent US economy... so what for the war dear senseless simply-blessed???Perhaps children who are borning there aren't so skilled and smart as pioneers who came there some time ago and war seems to be the only solution when no oil for your air-planes in Texas ..

Do you even have a life? :roll: By the way, did you check your psychologist because there we go your problem again, a problem of having trouble to admit who you are--you are a big phony, ignorant, arrogant, insensitive. Also, you have a problem of admit what you like and hate. Let's see this is what you wrote in your previous post in other topic,
real_lord wrote: I have read your messages "simplyblessedwithlove". THANK YOU )). I have to think over some things to reply.
But I came here to tell in public that it's not that I HATE Americans. No. More reasons for me to hate people in my country than Americans probably.

:lol: liar liar pants on fire.....

real_lord wrote: But I hope- I DO hope you will be a wonderful exception to the rule that young people today are lazy and even more lazy to put some pain and effort into anything.

And where/when/what/how have you put your feelings to feel the pain of others into? Oh wait, you can feel the pain of other people? No way, that's so unlike....you. :lol:

real_lord wrote: .......because of your love for this country -as a kind of paying debts for these trimendous life possibilities that US gives you.. You know what I am writing about totally ......blessed-with-ignorance-and--strage-kind-of-commpassion.

No, I do not know what you're writing about because my love to America has nothing to do with you. In other words, it ain't your business. You said you have no feeling for America or whatsoever then I don't get why it bugs you when I say I have my appreciation for America. I've been asking you that question and somehow I'm still waiting for the answer. So much for "I'm not jealous of Americans" but here you are...again. :lol:

real_lord wrote: Really. If you really feel compasion to Congo-women send them some money or go and bake some cookies for them with your family at least. Really. Much useful for you probably than writing such pieces.I feel shame every time when I read you. That's why mostly I avoid your crazy letters.
Happy not to live in US:)))
r_l
PS. I don’t want to offend here anyone. Really. But this girl sounds like total insane for me. Sorry. Of course I understand – that’s just another blessed possibility –writing on the Net and making other people nervous with ignorant posts...nevertheless...
BIG THANKS FOR READING,
Real_Lord

And can you tell others in this forum what you've done for them? At least I have the brave to write a piece of this information and I quoted the link for them to show them what I'm writing is true and their problems exist. If they wanted to help those women, they could do their donation at that link. I'm doing my best to share what I'm feeling for those women to others. I don't spend my time to accuse others for what they do.
By the way, you knew about this doesn't mean everyone did. There are some people out there who don't know about this. Don't act like you're a smart-mouth.... Funny for a 29-year-old person you totally don't act like that.... :lol:
Guest
 

What a damn "something" you are!!!

Postby real_lord » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:16 am

Really :(
In the topic that has been locked you advised to me to for a check up to the psychologist. Reading this post I advise your going into...psychiatrist!!! DO!!! Mental advisor is needed for you. I really thought you are a Christian because I read your celebrating of Chrstmas. Never will understand what for Buddhist celebrate Christan fest. Do you understand at least what are you celebrating at all and...WHAT FOR??? Because everyone in US celebrates it, yeah? Good reason, no doubt.
Besides - how can you turning my age against me when you behave like 5 year old and don't want to tell my your age.
What school do you attend when your classmates are 50 and ask you for advises about their life -problems??? In my country pupils in schools are the same age +/- year or two when they went to school at the age of 6 for example or repeat some classes because of lack of progress.
You love ruling. I hope your school knowledge is as good as your own ignorance while insulting other peole.
AMEN.
real_lord
real_lord
 

PS. about US

Postby real_lord » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:32 am

I think that in US there as many good things as bad. Like everywhere in this world. Personally I don't think US has something more special than other countries have (except of well equiped army+Mr. Bill Gates) probably. I live in Europe and have more respect for Russia and China than for US that is far from me so SHOULD I CARE AT ALL??? Are Americans saint or what? I don't know. Have other problems.
The nature is interesting there but there many more places in this world where wildlife is fascinating so I can live happily without America I hope.
PS. As deals current affairs - Mr. Dick Cheney is unaware what clothes he should put on while participating 60 anniversary of liberating Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration-camp in Poland.
He made an immpresion to attend his family in Alaska visitation perhaps in his warm jacket, cap and mountain shoes. Not any official and serious celebration commemorating a really big Europe's tragedy. Washington Post has criticized him because of it but not simply blessed of course. She thinks he is really cool guy because he is from US.
Good luck simply:)))
r_l
real_lord
 

Re: What a damn "something" you are!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:08 am

real_lord wrote: I really thought you are a Christian because I read your celebrating of Chrstmas. Never will understand what for Buddhist celebrate Christan fest. Do you understand at least what are you celebrating at all and...WHAT FOR??? Because everyone in US celebrates it, yeah? Good reason, no doubt.

The reason why I and my family celebrate Christmas is none of anyone's business, period. So there is no need for you to understand why we celebrate it for or for me to explain why. It's not your business. And for your information, NOT everyone in the US celebrates Christmas. You've said in your ealier post the US is a melting pot--there are many races and same thing for religions, not only Buddhism or Christianity. Don't bring your "US" thing with me.

real_lord wrote: Besides - how can you turning my age against me when you behave like 5 year old and don't want to tell my your age.

Only children get upset when they can't get what they want. So what if I don't wanna tell you my age. If I don't feel like telling then I won't tell. Grownups don't push others to do what they don't like to do. If I'm being a child, you're being a bigger child.

real_lord wrote: What school do you attend when your classmates are 50 and ask you for advises about their life -problems??? In my country pupils in schools are the same age +/- year or two when they went to school at the age of 6 for example or repeat some classes because of lack of progress.

In college, old people here go back to school to take classes even though they already took them in the past. Some of them take classes for fun like dance, art, music, PE classes. Others take classes such as biology, history, chemistry, etc. for their second or third degree. And the left-over people are people who take classes to kill time or gain more knowledge about subjects that they didn't get a chance to take when they were young.
Guest
 

Re: PS. about US

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:43 am

real_lord wrote: I think that in US there as many good things as bad. Like everywhere in this world. Personally I don't think US has something more special than other countries have (except of well equiped army+Mr. Bill Gates) probably. I live in Europe and have more respect for Russia and China than for US that is far from me so SHOULD I CARE AT ALL??? Are Americans saint or what? I don't know. Have other problems.
The nature is interesting there but there many more places in this world where wildlife is fascinating so I can live happily without America I hope.

I have no idea why the this quoted one above and the quote one below of yours are totally opposite. First, you accused me of writing this topic because I thought the US had no crime. In other words, I thought it was perfect. I never said the US is perfect. In fact, I remember in some of my post I said it's imperfect, but I still have my appreciation for it and it bugs you.
I don't understand why it bugs you since it's my business, not yours. I never asked you to love it or hate it or even have feelings for it. I don't frigging care if you like America or not because it has nothing to do with me. In the previous topic, I was explaining to you that YOUR JOKE was insensitive, not your opinions about the US. As long as I know, I never judge how Polish people or people everywhere what they think of America. You picked a fight because my appreciation bugs you. How funny!
reald_lord wrote: I think you sound more and more sensless. Really. You behave/speak like no crimes in US. Girl! Wake up! On English language sites (I mean on sites where mostly native speakers write) I have menaged to meet so many people with problems...
Problems are everywhere dear child. You can be raped and killed too in your dear US. 15 thousand of people die in New York each year being anonymous, homeless, somewhere in New-York sewage pipes. If you are ignorant of it the more convenient for you! The only difference between congo-women and you is that no "baby-bush" there to make economic-boom in their precious country.


By the way, if you reread my opening lines for the topic, you would see this,
lennye_tran wrote: I hope everyone who doesn't have the life that those women have should appreciate his/her life conditions. If you think your life is bad, just think about those women--their lives are the worst.

I was asking people who don't have that kinda problem that those Congo women are having should feel appreciate for what they're having. People who don't know about this thing would complain about what they can't get/have in life. What I was asking was a little bit of appreciation for life. Is that too much to ask? And is that what bothers you?

reald_lord wrote:PS. As deals current affairs - Mr. Dick Cheney is unaware what clothes he should put on while participating 60 anniversary of liberating Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration-camp in Poland.
He made an immpresion to attend his family in Alaska visitation perhaps in his warm jacket, cap and mountain shoes. Not any official and serious celebration commemorating a really big Europe's tragedy. Washington Post has criticized him because of it but not simply blessed of course. She thinks he is really cool guy because he is from US.
Good luck simply:)))
r_l

For once, I'm asking for a favor from you, would you be honest with what you write from now on? Don't put words that YOU think and make it mine. If you can't even be honest and not make things in up, I think this is my last post to you. I'm sick of liars or phony.
Guest
 

Hello simply,

Postby real_lord » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:07 pm

What I DO regret is that I have started any discussion with at all. Really. Your point of view is strange to me. That's all.
I think there are more interesting and peaceful possibilities of disscussing here and there - without all these unncecesary adjectives I don't need to hear. So please, behave girl specially when you prefer to be silent about your age.
Next time think twice before you will write "baby-Bush" cause baby-Bush can really make you a nasty surprise as deals my life experience. And during your lessons concentrate rather on the present stuff as deals new lesson than on problems of 50 years old, I beg you. Probably you think you will heal the world but my life experience (though not so long still) has taught me that it is you who will be needing healing rather soon.
That is all. Summing up -"Baby Bush" inceased the level of terrorism everywhere in the world(blast!) - including Iraq (blast!). So his war is totally lost though he claims victory of democratic election (blast). But was the war really about any terrorism? (blast!) Does anyone cry that this war is lost???????????????? (blast!) Hmmm... how to dismantle an atomic bomb??? :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
real_lord
real_lord
 

Postby Dithzie » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:29 am

If I may butt in...

Here's one of life's credo that I try very much to put into practice and I hope others will emulate - LIVE AND LET LIVE!

There's already so much hatred going on in this world, let's not add to it.

PEACE EVERYONE! :)
Iamwhoam
User avatar
Dithzie
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:17 am
Location: Asia

Next

Return to Current News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest