Terry is dead.

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

real_lord

Terry is dead.

Post by real_lord »

What do you think about this? Is this death right or wrong?
What is your opinion?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4399555.stm

real_lord

Post by Guest »

It's a complicated case! There are too many of he said, she said, they said......
He said: it's her wish to not living a life like that.
She said: nowrdfoagnadrfameorzfdafdnaofdanf. We don't know what she said before she collapsed. It's quite sad and unfortunate.
They said: she could have had better treatment......
When I was looking at her picture when she was young and looking pretty attractive before the collapse, I felt a bit bitter. If she didn't have the eating disorder condition, she wouldn't have desvatated brain injury; therefore, she wouldn't spend 15 years of her life on a vegetative state depending on a feeding tube. If I was her, I don't think I would wish to live a life which I didn't know anything and had to rely on a tube to live. Also, I had wasted time and money of my beloved ones. I'd rather end my life and let them miss me as who I was than let them look at me everyday with suffering that they couldn't do much to help. It's sad, I tell ya, it's really sad.
real_lord

Hmmm....

Post by real_lord »

Your letter is one big hmmm...hmmm...hmmm... for me. For many years it has been totally clear we should defend life. People has been in agony for several days, weeks, close people were crying over them and marking cross signs on their foreheads when they couldnot ease their pain. The cross signs were done because Jesus Christ died on cross and had suffered great physical pain before he died. In gospels we even have descriptions of one Roman soldier who took his spear and wanted to ease his pain on the cross via puncturing his heart with his spear. But Christ has already died. As far as I know Terri (not Terry) -sorry, don't have too much time - didn't suffer! She was unconscious! Moreover she died starved after 2 weeks! It means she had strong body/strong organism! Her husband - as far as I know - didn't allow her parents to be present at the death of theirs daughter. Is it normal? He has - as far as I know - new family- new wife, kids - everyone healthy. Couldn't he THE MORE give a chance of LIFE to her first wife?!
For me it's a normal murder and he is a normal murderer! What a strange law you have in your US! Law that suppors murderers!
And they say Europe is worst. I really have doubts:(((
Nice day:)))
real_lord:(((

Post by Guest »

One point, I think you forget the fact that she was under a vegetative state, which means her body functioned as normal but her brain had stopped functioning what it was supposed to do. In another words, she was alive, but had a live as like a dead person, don't you think? When they disconnected the feeding tube, there was no nutrients for the cells in her body to survive; therefore, they'd stopped functioning. That's how she is dead, but wasn't her already dead from the beginning :?: :?: :?: ?????
Another point, you've brought up Christianity so let's talk about it. When a Christian lady gets married, her father hands her to her husband on the wedding day to let him taking care of her for the rest of her life. So, it means they've already handed over their responsibility of her personal life to a new person, right? They no longer involve in her personal matters except her husband and herself; they're one now. Isn't that right? Correct me if I'm wrong because that's how I see it as for a Christian wedding. If I'm right then her husband has the right to do what he thinks is best for her and under the US law, oral will counts. I think that's the reason why he's won the case. He's said over and over that it was her wish to not live a life like that.
One more point, if you were her, what would you do? Would you rather live a life like that and let your parents or husband to take care of you or you'd rather go so they all could move on with their lives? What would you do????
real_lord

Oh LORD!

Post by real_lord »

Simply - you seem to boil down all christianity to marriage?!?
Don't be so simple, beg you. Nothing nowhere is told - as far as I know about any fathers or husbands responsible for their daughters/wives. There is Jewish tradition, not Christian.
Besides neither Christ nor any of his closest disciples weren't married (during time of their living together and after Christ's death at least). Besides, Gospel isnot about marrying. Once Jesus told even to someone: "Man, I am not sent to care about will of your father" or something like that. Jesus was mostly healing ill and crippled people. And he disliked Jewish religious leaders. Man and woman should live together of course and be one body or what - YES. But in bed, girl. In spite of that, I don't know anything about being subdued to anyone (my father including). I am not Jewish (neither Hindu -probably)! Wake up, please:)))
real_lord
real_lord

PS.

Post by real_lord »

Oh! And I forgot about Terri. YES- her life wasnot too interesting since her terrible accident ( I must admit). And I would prefer not to live 15 years or what in such a state (must admit too). But I must also admit I wouldnot like to be STARVING for almost two weeks!!!
I am happy not to live there cause I would have to write every day and every day again I don't want to be starved by some nurses!!! NO WAY!!!
real_lord

Re: Oh LORD!

Post by Guest »

real_lord wrote:Simply - you seem to boil down all christianity to marriage?!?
Don't be so simple, beg you. Nothing nowhere is told - as far as I know about any fathers or husbands responsible for their daughters/wives. There is Jewish tradition, not Christian.
Besides neither Christ nor any of his closest disciples weren't married (during time of their living together and after Christ's death at least). Besides, Gospel isnot about marrying. Once Jesus told even to someone: "Man, I am not sent to care about will of your father" or something like that. Jesus was mostly healing ill and crippled people. And he disliked Jewish religious leaders. Man and woman should live together of course and be one body or what - YES. But in bed, girl. In spite of that, I don't know anything about being subdued to anyone (my father including). I am not Jewish (neither Hindu -probably)! Wake up, please:)))
real_lord
I'll get back at you with this whole Christianity and Jesus. I've gotta ask my boyfriend first.
real_lord

Yes, I do believe

Post by real_lord »

your boyfirend will explain you everything.
Hope he is rich enough.
If not - the more health and happiness I wish to both of you.
Specially in bed cause as I presume any renting problems in US.
Unfortunatelly, Jesus Christ didn't predict in his speeches my problems with mentally crippled Polish people.
But it seems to me I found my way in life and three lovers of mine sure when only I finisg my studies, dear child.
Besides - what can I say? Trust to your boyfriend, do trust him in everything (specially in flat) very much, and I wish to see your happy letters here in 10 years here still...
8)
real_lord
PS. I am not planning any stupid mistakes here never ever, dear kid and everyone else.
Bye:)))

Re: PS.

Post by Guest »

real_lord wrote:Oh! And I forgot about Terri. YES- her life wasnot too interesting since her terrible accident ( I must admit). And I would prefer not to live 15 years or what in such a state (must admit too). But I must also admit I wouldnot like to be STARVING for almost two weeks!!!
I am happy not to live there cause I would have to write every day and every day again I don't want to be starved by some nurses!!! NO WAY!!!
real_lord
Do you think you would feel any pain when your brain has already stopped functioning or sending chemical signals from the the nerves that are responsible for those responses???? When they took out the tube, her body's cells did not have enough nutrients to carry on their functions; therefore, cells started to die, couldn't carry blood or oxygen to heart and that's how she died. To my belief, if she could response or had a chance to recover, they wouldn't accept to take off the tube. Fifteen years of being hospitalized and she had not show a sign that she would recover in any day. If I were her, I would not choose to live like that :roll: .

Re: Yes, I do believe

Post by Guest »

real_lord wrote:your boyfirend will explain you everything.
Hope he is rich enough.
He's a Catholic although he doesn't go to church on the weekends like he's supposed to do, he still knows enough about it. Besides, he'd love to see me convert so it would make it easider for us when we decide to get married, I bet he would love to tell me all about Christianity when I ask him about it.
real_lord

hi simplyblessed,

Post by real_lord »

You are totally right (as always) - so I can recommend you YES - go and ask your boyfriend about everything. You are totally right. Ask him about Terri and about my friends in US who cannot take any US citizenship tests (though I have never written here any friends of mine take any tests there but never mind:roll: ) and ask him from time to time (if you are really planning to work as a nurse if you should cut off the particular patient of your from his/her feeding tube or not...). I don't know! Ask him also if he wouldn't like to be a next Pope. One vote on cardinal's forum would be sure for him - your? No - you are a woman. So no entrance for you there.
PS. Are you attending any therapy simplyblessed? Think about it. Really. Cause somehow it seems to me you really should take a one.
Lot of health to you and your future patients,
NIce day to you I wish you:)))
real_lord, Poland.
real_lord

oh, and last but not least,

Post by real_lord »

simplyblessed - don't forget that, beg you, that Terri's husband was given 1,2 MILLION DOLLARS of compensation from botchy doctors for the accident of his wife. THINK! 1,2 MILLION DOLLARS! What did he do with this money? The hospice where Terri was living was kept from public taxes not from his 1.2 million dollars of compansation. Moreover, he managed to build some houses, some ENDLESS POOLS, have new girlfriend, two kids with her (problems for Terri with getting pregnant as I can read) so - he became a lord of life with his only dream to kill his wife, be widower and remarry.
HM? Jewish lobby rules in Florida. You have Jewish rules there.
But as far as I know Jews accept divorces while catholics no.
Well ...better to switch into CHARLES and Camilla. I like life-lasting love-stories!:)))
real_lord

Re: hi simplyblessed,

Post by Guest »

real_lord wrote: You are totally right (as always) - so I can recommend you YES - go and ask your boyfriend about everything. You are totally right. Ask him about Terri
We've discussed about it. In fact, we've discussed about all the news that have happened since the time we first met. He's the one who sends me the news because I'm not a person who is interested in news. To me, one way or another they will lead to politics. I'm not a feminist nor an activist who fight for woman's rights or human's rights. I bow to those who are, by the way. They'll have my best wishes for what they're doing. What I want is a simple life with my beloved ones and do what I think I'm supposed to do based on my moral reasonings.
People can call me selfish or whatever and I don't give a &*%#. That's how I live my life; I'm happy with it and sympathize those who I think I should. That's all.
real_lord wrote: and about my friends in US who cannot take any US citizenship tests (though I have never written here any friends of mine take any tests there but never mind:roll: )
:roll: Fine, I take it back. I thought "some people I know" means "friends" but obviously just "some people I know." Oh well.........
real_lord wrote: and ask him from time to time (if you are really planning to work as a nurse if you should cut off the particular patient of your from his/her feeding tube or not...).
Rules are meant to be broken, but does it apply for the laws also? I don't know and I don't wanna know or think about it. What I know is her husband asked for it, the law required it so there went the tube, gone. Poof... gone.
real_lord wrote: I don't know! Ask him also if he wouldn't like to be a next Pope. One vote on cardinal's forum would be sure for him - your? No - you are a woman. So no entrance for you there.
There is no way he would be qualified for that position because he's not that religious. Maybe you are. You sound bitter because women can't get selected. If they could, maybe you were quailified since you were a smart woman with peaceful heart and soul?
real_lord wrote: PS. Are you attending any therapy simplyblessed? Think about it. Really. Cause somehow it seems to me you really should take a one.
Lot of health to you and your future patients,
NIce day to you I wish you:)))
real_lord, Poland.
Got no problems in life for therapists. I don't spend several hundreds dollars to solve my problems with someone I don't even know. So what if he/she has got a Ph.D in psychology, how much can he/she explain human's behaviors? :roll: By the way, do you need one? You seem like you do. Maybe they can help you with your problems, with whatever you've had bottling it up inside. I think when you get it out, your posts will be more funny. :lol:

Re: oh, and last but not least,

Post by Guest »

real_lord wrote:simplyblessed - don't forget that, beg you, that Terri's husband was given 1,2 MILLION DOLLARS of compensation from botchy doctors for the accident of his wife. THINK! 1,2 MILLION DOLLARS! What did he do with this money? The hospice where Terri was living was kept from public taxes not from his 1.2 million dollars of compansation. Moreover, he managed to build some houses, some ENDLESS POOLS, have new girlfriend, two kids with her (problems for Terri with getting pregnant as I can read) so - he became a lord of life with his only dream to kill his wife, be widower and remarry.
HM? Jewish lobby rules in Florida. You have Jewish rules there.
But as far as I know Jews accept divorces while catholics no.
Well ...better to switch into CHARLES and Camilla. I like life-lasting love-stories!:)))
real_lord
Michael Schiavo
Turned down at least one $1 million offer to give up his rights in Terri Schiavo's case.
Michael Schiavo's lawyer says he was also offered $10 million to back down.
Terri's husband has been working as a registered nurse.
He has at least two children with another woman.

(http://www.local6.com/news/4334094/detail.html)
Don't know much about him but at least he's less than Peterson who killed his wife and unborne son for insurance money. :roll:

Post by Guest »

real_lord wrote:Simply - you seem to boil down all christianity to marriage?!?
real_lord
I've asked my boyfriend about this and he told me, "in God's eyes, spouses belong to each other and are one unit. It is the spouse that has final word but parents are still respected; however, it doesn't mean they'll have control of her life over her spouse when it comes to matter."

Post by Guest »

real_lord wrote:Besides neither Christ nor any of his closest disciples weren't married (during time of their living together and after Christ's death at least).
real_lord
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If this is what you're saying then you would hate THE DA VINCI CODE by Dan Brown. Go read that and pour your anger out by ripping that book in pieces.
real_lord

don't have time to write here,

Post by real_lord »

but wasnpt I right, people writing to this totally ignorant and stupid girl who called me rasist when I was writing about a mourning after Polish Pope - "go and ask your boyfriend to be a next Pope"?!? Wasnot I right by accident?
Girl, go and take your teraphy when you like bokks like "Leonardo Da Vinci's code". Read them, enjoy them, laugh at my values(GOSPEL is my value, not Popes in Rome - at least some of them). But what do you know about gospel? Do you realise at all why books like "Leonardo Da Vinci's code" always will be published in London, not in continent?
Have you ever read any historical book about Europe?
Did you make effort to read what a great, important for Europe's history person our Pope was? Do you have in your Vietnam anyone like he? Do you have someone there to compare this person and stand him/her next to John Paul II - I mean about values, skills.
You really shoud have been aborted in your mother's womb not to be allowed to write any stupid letters to me any longer.
Have your stupid law for abortion, your death penalty (maybe one day it will be practised on you at last), your stupid Christian boyfriend, your stupid nursing career, and your stupid US.
I have my values, my life, my targets.
Only insane person can write things like "I am any rasist" as her motto. "I love killing innocent children" write better and go away from my person.
AMEN.
real_lord

Post by Guest »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no wonder Christianity is the most ~ religion in the world. I've stood corrected when I read your posts. What else do you have in your posts beside racism, hatred, discrimination, bitterness, sarcasm (yeah, sure! you're above everyone that you need a need to make some sarcastic lines :roll: ), arrogance, short-tempered, rudeness??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: I simply pity you for whatever have happened in your life that have made you becoming who you are right now. Simply sympathize.......

Post by Guest »

Apparently, I know nothing about Christianity although I had to read the Bible in high school for my English class :roll: . Talking about arrogance of someone. HALLELUYAH..... :lol: :lol:
Linda01

Teri Schiavo

Post by Linda01 »

Everyone I know was agonizing over this problem on a daily basis. It is difficult to come to any opinion without adequate information. The videotape we all were seeing repeatedly on television was 5 or 6 years old. There would be no way for the viewing public to know, now, exactly what condition that poor lady was in. I think the husband should have put aside his personal opinion(s) and let the parents be with her when she died (as was he himself). In my heart I believe we should be as good to each other as we are to our pets. When they are in terrible suffering, failing, and unable to live - we let them go humanely. My mother died of cancer and I would not have wished her to suffer one nanosecond longer than necessary. Having said that, I know TWO people who woke up from comas and went on to happily live for years and years. There is a fine line there and what we "know" in our hearts will not always meet the standards and tests of the law.

Post by Guest »

So to your opinion it should have been more humane to let her live for another ten or fifteen years of knowing nothing???? In other words, we should have let her live some more years so whenever we saw her, we would burst into tears because there was nothing much to help???? Or we should have let her live for some more years although there might be a chance that it was her wish to move on or as Christian people say, go to God???
A lot people are afraid of dying because it's the end of everything. However, some people don't. If I had to choose, I would choose to die when I was in her state. Even when I died, I knew my beloved ones would still miss me, but they could move on with their daily lives without weeping for me when they saw me. And they wouldn't have to spend money on me days and days when I knew absolutely nothing to respond back. The money they'd saved to help me could be for charities. That way I knew my death was worth. Well, this is just me. I was born and raised in a different culture, a culture which we think even when we have to die, we should die as a worthy person and not just one of the dregs of the society.
Anyway, I think the lastest news of hers is they're trying to find out if her husband had had abused her before she went into vegetative state or there were some other causes. The examination is way too late now, but whatever. If they feel it can help them to feel better with this bitter issue, good luck with that.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

The only persons (regardless of relationship) that should be able to make these sorts of decisions (and must live with them) are those that love you.

It should be up to no one else! It certainly pays to make a WILL then these sorts of debates won't take place. Your requests become your responsibility and no one elses.

Post by Guest »

Whoever is still hanging on with her case, this is a sum-up of everything had happened...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schiavo
Etore
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Etore »

It´s a complicated situation and I think that decision is up to the family.
Etore