EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Canada legalizes gay marriages

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Canada legalizes gay marriages

Postby Dixie » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Yesterday, Canada legalized marriage between people of the same sex. It's the third state, after Belgium and the Netherlands, in doing so ;)

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/actualite/nouvelles/200506/29/002-mariage-ACTU.shtml
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby RedRose » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:26 pm

Great news! I applaud!

I am glad that in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, instead of monsters and weirdies. I hope I can see the same scene happens in China in the near future. but I know, here in China, we still have a long way...
RedRose

Postby Danyet » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:56 am

RedRose wrote: in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, .

It won't change anything. They are just making themselvs into an even bigger side show by trying to pretend that they are "ordinary people".
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby mr_Love » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:52 pm

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....... :shock:

i cant even imagine......

gayes....eww

Lesbians.......ewww

Rose you like it ha?
are you one of them :shock: :shock: :D :D
mr_Love
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:46 pm

mr_Love wrote:eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....... :shock:

i cant even imagine......

gayes....eww

Lesbians.......ewww

I can't believe my eyes!!! :shock: :shock: Mr_love are you serious? :shock:
Dixie

Postby leen@rasel » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:44 am

excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:56 am

leen@rasel wrote:excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:

I can't believe you, guys.
Dixie

Postby keling » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:56 am

RedRose wrote:Great news! I applaud!

I am glad that in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, instead of monsters and weirdies. I hope I can see the same scene happens in China in the near future. but I know, here in China, we still have a long way...

:D gays marriage has been prevailing day by day , for it is the result of the change the society , i believe that it is inevitable the gays marriage will be occur in china some day . in fact , the group of single male and female is increasing gradually :D
keling
Silver Member

Postby manrat » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:54 pm

leen@rasel wrote:excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:

It does not matter so much if you, I or someone else personally find it "acceptable", we all can have our own opinions about it BUT what I do miss in your and in mr_love's post, is respect. They are just normal people and in my personal opinion, they do not deserve to be talked about as 'disgusting'. No one has to agree with gay marriage, but it would be nice to just show respect to people, no matter what their lifestyle is.
manrat
Gold Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:15 am

manrat wrote: No one has to agree with gay marriage, but it would be nice to just show respect to people, no matter what their lifestyle is.

Freedom of speech works both ways, buddy boy. We are espesially entitled to display our disgust at changes in laws that we believe undermines our values. Don't pretend that disgust for the homosexual lifestyle is a new or unusual reaction. For thousands of years our forefathers have known that two men co-habitating have no buisiness claiming the umberella of marriage.
I find it shocking that anyone would accept this barbarity in this supposedly enlightened age.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Next

Return to Current News