EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.


Canada legalizes gay marriages

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby RedRose » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:07 pm

Simply, they want justice and equal rights!

Just because they can't reproduce their offsprings, so they shouldn't have legal marriage? Don't you think the logic very ridiculous? even if they want their adoptees to pass on they family names, what is wrong with that? your children can pass on your family name, why can't their adopted kids?

Ok, ok, you can keep discriminating homos, and I can keep respecting them. Is that ok?
RedRose
 

Postby Danyet » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:54 pm

They are not allowed to adopt children so your point about them having families is null and void.
User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
 
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Location: USA
Status: English Teacher

Postby Danyet » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:31 pm

With a little investigation you will find that the homo agenda is not really interested in “marriage” but in changing societies opinion of them. They want to be able to adopt children and lead a family life though refuse to reproduce as a family. In most countries it is illegal for them to adopt still. Their aim is to mold our culture to the way they see fit and they are doing this by relying on and playing up to the “good naturedness” of the average person to “feel” for them as a persecuted minority, which they are not. They have the same rights as anyone else but they choose not accept these rights. They make a mockery of the Civil Rights Movement.

Oscar-winning Spanish film director Pedro Almodovar, who is gay, said 21st century families don't have to reflect the traditional Catholic model.
"I don't like marriage. I am not going to get married," he said. "But it is important for this to be called marriage so people know that it is the same thing for everyone."

The president of HazteOir stated, in light of the findings of the report: “In no way can a couple of persons of the same sex be judged suitable for adopting a child. Considering the findings of this vast bibliography we are obliged to protect the minor and say that same-sex couples must not be allowed to adopt children.”
Among children raised by same-sex couples, the report notes a significant increase in low self-esteem, stress, confusion regarding sexual identity, an increase in mental illness, drug use, promiscuity, STD’s, and homosexual behaviour, amongst others. Furthermore, the report shows that statistics have brought to light the fact that same-sex relationships betray a much higher instance of separation and break-up than heterosexual relationships, increasing the likelihood that the child will experience familial instability.
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/may/05053106.html
User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
 
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Location: USA
Status: English Teacher

Postby Dixie » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:36 pm

Hahaha I didn't know Almodobar was gay! :lol: He's the grossest person ever! ewwwwwwwww his movies are disgusting! :D
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Postby manrat » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:41 pm

The following piece of information comes from a website called "Human Rights Campaign - Working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights" (http://www.hrc.org/)

Many same-sex couples want the right to legally marry because they are in love — either they just met the love of their lives, or more likely, they have spent the last 10,
20 or 50 years with that person — and they want to honor their relationship in the
greatest way our society has to offer, by making a public commitment to stand
together in good times and bad, through all the joys and challenges family life brings.

Many parents want the right to marry because they know it offers children a vital
safety net and guarantees protections that unmarried parents cannot provide.

And still other people — both gay and straight — are fighting for the right of
same-sex couples to marry because they recognize that it is simply not fair to deny
some families the protections all other families are eligible to enjoy.

Currently in the United States, same-sex couples in long-term, committed relationships
pay higher taxes and are denied basic protections and rights granted to
married heterosexual couples.

Among them:
>> Hospital visitation. Married couples have the automatic right to visit
each other in the hospital and make medical decisions. Same-sex couples can be
denied the right to visit a sick or injured loved one in the hospital.

>> Social Security benefits. Married people receive Social Security payments
upon the death of a spouse. Despite paying payroll taxes, gay and lesbian
partners receive no Social Security survivor benefits — resulting in an average
annual income loss of $5,528 upon the death of a partner.

>> Immigration. Americans in binational relationships are not permitted to
petition for their same-sex partners to immigrate. As a result, they are often
forced to separate or move to another country.

>> Health insurance. Many public and private employers provide medical
coverage to the spouses of their employees, but most employers do not provide
coverage to the life partners of gay and lesbian employees. Gay employees who
do receive health coverage for their partners must pay federal income taxes on
the value of the insurance.

>> Estate taxes. A married person automatically inherits all the property of
his or her deceased spouse without paying estate taxes. A gay or lesbian taxpayer
is forced to pay estate taxes on property inherited from a deceased partner.

>> Retirement savings. While a married person can roll a deceased
spouse’s 401(k) funds into an IRA without paying taxes, a gay or lesbian
American who inherits a 401(k) can end up paying up to 70 percent of it in
taxes and penalties.

>> Family leave. Married workers are legally entitled to unpaid leave from
their jobs to care for an ill spouse. Gay and lesbian workers are not entitled to
family leave to care for their partners.

>> Nursing homes. Married couples have a legal right to live together in
nursing homes. Because they are not legal spouses, elderly gay or lesbian couples
do not have the right to spend their last days living together in nursing
homes.

>> Home protection. Laws protect married seniors from being forced to sell
their homes to pay high nursing home bills; gay and lesbian seniors have no
such protection.

>> Pensions. After the death of a worker, most pension plans pay survivor
benefits only to a legal spouse of the participant. Gay and lesbian partners are
excluded from such pension benefits.[/url]
manrat
Gold Member
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Location: Germany/USA
Status: English Learner

Postby RedRose » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:20 am

danyet wrote:With a little investigation you will find that the homo agenda is not really interested in “marriage” but in changing societies opinion of them. They want to be able to adopt children and lead a family life though refuse to reproduce as a family.


then homos have to struggle for the rights to adopt kids. in order to overcome those people who discriminate them just like danyet, they still have a long way. but I believe that homos will finally succeed! they will overcome those obstacles (danyet is one of those obstacles)

and as manrat said, homos want legal marriage because they are in love and wanna be protected in law! since danyet can have legal marriage, why can't homos?

listen, danyet, you can keep discriminating homos! that wouldn't change anything though. fortunately, mass people are not like you, that is why we believe that homos will get a prosperous future. they deserve all equal rights as we do.

danyet, I know, in the world, there are some people, when they find that some minority have different lifestyles or sexual orientation, they would torture and discriminate those minority, that is what we call "bully" or "narrow-minded" or something like that.

however, the world is fine because of those generous people.
RedRose
 

an opposite view about homosexual

Postby keling » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:46 am

i have read an article about homisexual , an opposite view about it , i wanna it will result in a debate , every one has their view ,
:D The Word of God condemns them.

Homosexuality is a SIN period! Not only that but it is unnatural
The same as sex with an animal is unnatural!

The fact is that humans are made up of male and female, just like God created them. Marriage is the monogamous joining of male and female for the purpose of love, togetherness and procreation. As we all know there can be no new humans without the involvement of a male sperm and a female egg. God fixed that as a natural law, and no homosexual or lesbian can change it!

We pass laws against murder, rape, robbery and other social behaviors. We have also passed laws against immoral behavior. However, a society that has become very immoral in behavior seeks to repeal the moral laws. It is time for the people of this land who still love truth and biblical morality to rise up and oppose such notions as homosexual marriage, and declare the facts!
keling
Silver Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:10 pm
Location: china

Postby keling » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:19 am

:D in my opinion , there are some essential concepts not clear. that is what is natural , is it that homosexual unnatural indeed? what is the defination of marriage ? is it that only heterosexual can be entitled to a normal marrige ?
is homosexual a sin ? i don't agree
keling
Silver Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:10 pm
Location: china

Postby keling » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:31 am

manrat wrote:The following piece of information comes from a website called "Human Rights Campaign - Working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights" (http://www.hrc.org/)




Currently in the United States, same-sex couples in long-term, committed relationships
pay higher taxes and are denied basic protections and rights granted to
married heterosexual couples.

Among them:
>> Hospital visitation. Married couples have the automatic right to visit
each other in the hospital and make medical decisions. Same-sex couples can be
denied the right to visit a sick or injured loved one in the hospital.

>> Social Security benefits. Married people receive Social Security payments
upon the death of a spouse. Despite paying payroll taxes, gay and lesbian
partners receive no Social Security survivor benefits — resulting in an average
annual income loss of $5,528 upon the death of a partner.

>> Immigration. Americans in binational relationships are not permitted to
petition for their same-sex partners to immigrate. As a result, they are often
forced to separate or move to another country.

>> Health insurance. Many public and private employers provide medical
coverage to the spouses of their employees, but most employers do not provide
coverage to the life partners of gay and lesbian employees. Gay employees who
do receive health coverage for their partners must pay federal income taxes on
the value of the insurance.

>> Estate taxes. A married person automatically inherits all the property of
his or her deceased spouse without paying estate taxes. A gay or lesbian taxpayer
is forced to pay estate taxes on property inherited from a deceased partner.

>> Retirement savings. While a married person can roll a deceased
spouse’s 401(k) funds into an IRA without paying taxes, a gay or lesbian
American who inherits a 401(k) can end up paying up to 70 percent of it in
taxes and penalties.

>> Family leave. Married workers are legally entitled to unpaid leave from
their jobs to care for an ill spouse. Gay and lesbian workers are not entitled to
family leave to care for their partners.

>> Nursing homes. Married couples have a legal right to live together in
nursing homes. Because they are not legal spouses, elderly gay or lesbian couples
do not have the right to spend their last days living together in nursing
homes.

>> Home protection. Laws protect married seniors from being forced to sell
their homes to pay high nursing home bills; gay and lesbian seniors have no
such protection.

>> Pensions. After the death of a worker, most pension plans pay survivor
benefits only to a legal spouse of the participant. Gay and lesbian partners are
excluded from such pension benefits.[/url]

:D i don't believe that in U S A so called a mordern country have so cruelty policies to the homosexual , it protects human right, isn't it ?
keling
Silver Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:10 pm
Location: china

Postby manrat » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:00 am

Keling, could you please make up your mind and not jump from one view to another?
In your first post (Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:46 am) you say:
Homosexuality is a SIN period! Not only that but it is unnatural
The same as sex with an animal is unnatural!

The fact is that humans are made up of male and female, just like God created them. Marriage is the monogamous joining of male and female for the purpose of love, togetherness and procreation. As we all know there can be no new humans without the involvement of a male sperm and a female egg. God fixed that as a natural law, and no homosexual or lesbian can change it!


and a few minutes later in your second post (Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:19 am) you suddenly say that some concepts are not clear ...
what is natural , is it that homosexual unnatural indeed? what is the defination of marriage ? is it that only heterosexual can be entitled to a normal marrige ?


So what? Either you stick to what you said in your first post where you told us what marriage etc in your opinion is, or you turn around completely telling us things are not clear.


Also, did you read the article that you mentioned, online? If so, can you please give us the link?
manrat
Gold Member
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Location: Germany/USA
Status: English Learner

PreviousNext

Return to Current News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests