EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

USA AND "MEMIN PINGUIN"

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:47 pm

Ok, let step back and look at what you've written again, shall we?
First,
Elba wrote: At México there are cartoons about the life of mexican. This is the case of an old comic called "Memín Pinguin", very famous in another countries of latin america.
This is the story of a black boy, because at México there are blacks too, who is very poor, he live with his Mom "Malinda", who works hard in order to give her son meals and elementary school.

And now,
Elba wrote: But I have to say you that Memín is not an AFRICAN-AMERICAN boy, is a MEXICAN BOY.

And the news said, "The stamp featuring Memin Pinguin, a sort of Jim Crow-era vision of a black child"
If you only knew and if you only knew I was talking about black people preferring them as African-Americans or Afro-Americans to euphemize the offensive words. And if you knew and if you only knew it did not matter that kid was African-American or black Mexican, the problem was not about him. It was about his skin and your President's speech. If you did put them together, you would have seen why people were angry at this. And by the way, African-American activists don't represent US GOVERNMENT because the GOVERNMENT hasn't done anything about this whole thing. For a fact, they don't really care if your President decided to make stamps for that cartoon kid or not. It's not political business. He's angered African-American ACTIVISTS by his comparison. Please look at the root of the source first.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby idalia » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:31 am

danyet wrote:It is none of USA's buisiness to decide what is "politically correct" for Mexico. Americans do not know the whats or hows of Mexican culture. You cannot judge Mexican culture or Fox by US standards. American cry-babies should keep their mouths shut.

Thanks a lot for your opinion!!!!!! I'm so glad that an american has this way of thinking, this shows that not everybody in USA is against different cultures from yours. :wink:
idalia
Platinum Member

Postby idalia » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:35 am

LennyeTran wrote:
Elba wrote: Anf the postal ofice doesn´t make any tribute to Simposons, because there aren´t mexicans.

:P I was talking about FOX, channel 2 in the US, not Fox your president. Sorry I didn't make it clear.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: when I read these posts I was laughing to death. It was hilarious!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
idalia
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:42 am

idalia wrote:
danyet wrote:It is none of USA's buisiness to decide what is "politically correct" for Mexico. Americans do not know the whats or hows of Mexican culture. You cannot judge Mexican culture or Fox by US standards. American cry-babies should keep their mouths shut.

Thanks a lot for your opinion!!!!!! I'm so glad that an american has this way of thinking, this shows that not everybody in USA is against different cultures from yours. :wink:

He's not American. He votes for Republican, but he's not American. And he's not African-American, that's why.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:43 am

idalia wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
Elba wrote: Anf the postal ofice doesn´t make any tribute to Simposons, because there aren´t mexicans.

:P I was talking about FOX, channel 2 in the US, not Fox your president. Sorry I didn't make it clear.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: when I read these posts I was laughing to death. It was hilarious!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't get it. What's so funny? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Danyet » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:06 am

Your guesses are wrong about me.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:14 am

danyet wrote:Your guesses are wrong about me.

You're an African-American and you don't vote for Republican? :roll: Suuuuuuuuuuuuure.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Elba » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:20 pm

Lennye,

Are you an africa-american?
Do you know Danyet?
there´s something that I don´t understand: What´s the problem with the Republican party?

Danyet,

Are you an african-american?

I though both was chinness living in USA.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Elba » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:41 pm

Lennye,

I would like you read this point of views from american people.

I respect the opinion of all the people, and if in this case you felt ofended sorry for that. Now let me tell you that here in Mexico nobody found ofenssive when the cartoon of Speedy González apear. For us is like a funny cartoon.
And I can´t belive that yoou think that people who not share your opinion isn´t american. for that reazon I post this linkand again sorry if you ofended of if you will feel you ofended with the next link.
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=11922
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:25 pm

Elba wrote:Lennye,

there´s something that I don´t understand: What´s the problem with the Republican party?

Danyet,

Are you an african-american?

No I am not Black. I am not Republican.

Also there is nothing wrong with the Republican Party. It has as many problems as the Democratic party.

Lennye has simply inferred that it is understood that anyone who is a Republican is invalid on this forum. Lennye has succumed or resorted to a rather pathetic position to take in a debate.

Rev. Jesse Jackson is a controversial figure in the USA. He does not speak for all Blacks. Many Americans of African herritage think that he has done a disservice to the Minority cause in America on countless issues. He, for a Reverand, has shown himself to be hypocritical in his personal life especially in the treatment of his own wife. He is not a good role model for the people he professes to stand for. Personally I think that he just like to be a "celebrity".
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Current News