EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

EXPLOSIONS IN LONDON - COULD BE TERRORIST ATTACK!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Shazzam » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:59 am

danyet wrote:Yes and Muslim extremists were killing and terrorizing innocent bystanders all over the world before 9/11, too.

Yes I know these sorts of terrorist acts have been going on for decades. Obviously the media coverage is more intense now so we are totally inundated with tragic images (plus it's pretty much instant). When I was a child sometimes you waited days for news events to make it to the television; actually the radio was the best source for current news.

I'm just watching the news and there has been more bombings in Eygpt. It seems to be happening more often now than it did decades ago. It is pretty much a daily event somewhere in the World.

It is so sad so many innocent people are affected by terrorist actions! Families that lose love ones for no reason. They are just going about their daily routine.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby mr_Love » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:08 am

yea. i saw the news this morning..... in egypet explotions
mr_Love
Rough Diamond Member

Postby chemist » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:05 am

I heard that news about Eygpt this morning too.
I don't know what to say,I'm really sad and mad and I'm just wondering why those people are doing this.it's really unfair to kill innocent people like that. :evil:
chemist
Gold Member

Postby Shazzam » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:07 am

chemist wrote:I heard that news about Eygpt this morning too.
I don't know what to say,I'm really sad and mad and I'm just wondering why those people are doing this.it's really unfair to kill innocent people like that. :evil:

There is alot of news coverage here about the explosions in Egypt tonight so i'm going to watch the news. It is so horrible! We are all so sick and tired of this sort of slaughter!! There has to be another way for these people to get their messages across.....None of this makes sense they aren't achieving anything. All they are doing is making people angrier. What are they trying to accomplish from this sort of stupidity? I'm at a total lose!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cry:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:22 am

In Egypt?? What happened? I turned on the TV and flicked through all the News channels when I read your posts but didn't hear anything! I will have to wait for the 2 o'clock news.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: What going on

Postby Danyet » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:28 pm

Lucia wrote:You can not get the true if you watch normal tv. Programs like CNN and BBC and even others are controlled by the government. If you want know what going on, read history. And look at these:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le9531.htm

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info

You are probably right that you don't get the truth from mainstream media but I doubt that will get truth from the site you linked to either.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:50 am

shazzam1452 wrote:MORE BAD NEWS IN LONDON.

This morning I awoke to the news that a man was shot dead by police on a train in London's subway system. Onlookers say that he was shot 5 times. Reports are saying that under-cover police shot the man who they believed was about to detonate an explosive on the train.

This is madness!!! What is going on?

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :!: :!:

MORE BAD NEWS! Reports today from London that the young man that was shot yesterday. WAS NOT A BOMBER. The police have made a mistake! This is so scarry!!! Another tragedy has come from these awful events.

:cry:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:57 am

The police made a mistake?????????????????????????

OK first of all, I don't think it's the police who should have taken the decision to kill that person. Why couldn't just get him and put him in prison??

And second, if the police shot an innocent man, they should be punished as well. Ask that man's families! What do they think it's best?

Geez.
Dixie

Postby Danyet » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:28 pm

Dixie wrote:The police made a mistake?????????????????????????

OK first of all, I don't think it's the police who should have taken the decision to kill that person. Why couldn't just get him and put him in prison??

And second, if the police shot an innocent man, they should be punished as well. Ask that man's families! What do they think it's best?

Geez.

This is a tradgedy of course. English police do not usually carry guns. Police are allowed to shoot if they believe that lives are at risk. Usually they would have tackeled the man but they thought that this man had a detonation device and could set off his bomb at an instant. I believe the man was shot in the head in order to shut down the nervous system.

The question is "Why did they think that he had a detonater."?
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Current News