EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

when will this terrorist attack stop?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

when will this terrorist attack stop?

Postby hedwig14 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:42 am

Has it been a habit?
everyday, we see in our Television terrorist attacks... bomb here and bomb there...
the question is when will these stop? what do these people want?
there are many innocent lives taken, and many people are affected with these incidents...
i dont want to say these yet it's proper..these terrorists don't have a soul... should they think first of their own family so that they would feel how to lost one... or they don't have a heart at all...
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby illusion » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:44 am

sadly none of us can find an answer to your question... they will always be some group of people who in the name of their faith will kill the innocent ones... that's not being religious, that's sick cruelty... :cry:
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Kisseugene » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:57 am

Buddy,I Know your feeling,but what we can do is just to Pray for the Vicitims and to wish the world no wars,peace long live!
Kisseugene

Postby TearHere » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 am

well.. that's the painful truth :(
, and i'm much saddened by the fact that the bombings never cease :( .. so many innocent lives taken, so much blood shed, so much tears and pain..

kisseugene was right.. we have to pray- harder and more sincere :)
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby Sigma » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:30 am

Good topic, hedwig14,you start one what I want to start! I cant understand why there are so many bombing attacks,maybe they are religious conflicts,or political problems,or other unsolve branching, but why they take these contemptible way to show their position, and the most suffering is the government but the innocent people.

I just take the Iraq for example, after the American invaded it, the country has never stoped the bombing attacks, of course, they killed many American soliders who are their so-called nation's enemies, but the Iraqi dead are far more than American. Their homeland is invaded, they should be united together to oust the enemies out their land. Even every party wants to get the power to control the country, but they should get together to have a negotiation to share the regime.
Sigma
Gold Member

Postby Danyet » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:13 pm

Sigma wrote: Their homeland is invaded, they should be united together to oust the enemies out their land. Even every party wants to get the power to control the country, but they should get together to have a negotiation to share the regime.

They are uniting together and trying to share power. What do you think this is all about? Terrorist don't want the uniting of the leaders of Iraq they want an Islamic State based on Sharia law. MOst of the terrorists are not even Iraqi people, they are militant muslim Arabs from other countries. The terrorists who from Iraq are from Saddam's old Republican Guard. Those are the facts.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Re: when will this terrorist attack stop?

Postby pob » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:29 pm

hedwig14 wrote:1. Has it been a habit?
everyday, we see in our Television terrorist attacks... bomb here and bomb there...

2.the question is when will these stop? what do these people want?

3.there are many innocent lives taken, and many people are affected with these incidents...

4. should they think first of their own family so that they would feel how to lost one...

1. Yes, it's a habit that nowadays televisions show us that kind of things... but didn't they happen time ago as well?

2. Why should it stop? The mistake is thinking that life goes to a point where all live in peace... I would also like that, but that's not reality.
Those religions or "philosophies"... that make us believe in ideas like peace, don't prevent us to the fact that there is a lot of "bad" people in the world, there is a lot of people who suffers because rich countries f*ck them, and because infinte reasons.
And so you doubt and ask yourself and ask others to share your feelings and incomprehension.

The way they think: "They are my enemy, I must go against them" Don't make them to doubt anything.
What do they want? Probably they even don't know, but they have found a way of thinking that gives them a "reality" and that gives no much place to doubting and asking why they become terrorists, and so they don't need to seek something concrete (what do they want?) because they feel fine enough by behaving without thinking too much about moral questions.

3. Aren't all people killed by other people inocent?
Are you saying there are cases when someone kills another one and that's right?
Don't care about this, I supose what you wrote is the expresion of your feelings, and not what you think.

4. I agree, that's the point they should check out !!

And so, it's that simple... many people has said that: we are all from the same family... right? But reality is that we have names and surnames that difference us and our people from other people... religions, the colour of your skin, the cloths you wear.... they are all something that makes a person different to another one... and people is not likely to stop and think that anyway they are human beings and in some way from the same familiy... and that's the problem. Too much people, too much people that doesn't stop to think, too much people that... etc.
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

let's stop this insanity

Postby keko » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:16 am

I think that we may try to find many explanation or reasons why the people feel that they have to fight for, we may even understand that people consider that somebody has the blame of their miseries, but nothing justify terrorism.
keko
Silver Member

Re: let's stop this insanity

Postby pob » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:56 pm

keko wrote: nothing justify terrorism.

and there is no need to justify
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby Sigma » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:47 pm

danyet
MOst of the terrorists are not even Iraqi people, they are militant muslim Arabs from other countries. The terrorists who from Iraq are from Saddam's old Republican Guard. Those are the facts.

I know, i agree,.Ok, as to the militant muslim Arabs, I think they abominate the US, so there are ceaselessly attachs on the US army, and they said they took the responsible for the every terrific attack by TV. ok,this is a religious question. Let me leave it alone. But the old Republican Guare of Saddam, why they do? why they destroy they own country and kill their compatriots. for the faith that the Saddam can get out the jail and seize the power from interim government?No, it can't! The only way they go is to disarm and to reconstruct their detached country!
Sigma
Gold Member

Next

Return to Current News