EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

HURRICANE KATRINA - Destroys New Orleans

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

HURRICANE KATRINA - Destroys New Orleans

Postby Shazzam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:48 am

Hurricane KATRINA.

New Orleans may never be resurrected. That is the news coming from the area that is totally devasted in the USA. It is being noted as the worst disaster to ever hit America. So many people have lost their lives and their property and lively-hood.

The news is that lawlessness is running rampid. Australia has offered help. Other countries should join in. During the Tsunami in Indonesia every country came in to offer help. The same should apply here. America needs help. Lets face it so many countries have benefited from America.

Put aside feelings related to war and religion. This is about helping people live.

I hope the World can put all their feelings aside and help these people that are in crisis.

I will continue to post here as news come to hand.

At this point the news is so grim.

Please lets extend our hands in friendship during this terrible tragedy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:30 am

I just heard that the government is not helping.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Shazzam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:13 pm

Dixie wrote:I just heard that the government is not helping.

What Government Dixie? :cry:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby idalia » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:41 am

Dixie wrote:I just heard that the government is not helping.

American government, right? What BUsh did was to send soldiers to that zone and they have the order to shoot anyone who commit a crime, like steal food or water, because people there don't have anything left. :?
idalia
Platinum Member

Postby Saku » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:44 pm

Today I watched TV and it talked about this disaster. So terrible! More than 10,000 people died and they said they would kill each other because they were too hungry. A new image of America appears.
Saku
Gold Member

Postby Hardi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:04 pm

It's terrible, but I wonder to countries will expand now more time/money to search ways to break global warming too...
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Arale » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:14 pm

Most people getting stuck in New Orleans are black ones, who aren't rich enough to get off the disaster before it happened. The Bush's administration has been so slow in action to help people there. More terrible, all people who gather what's left are shot immediately. Why do they have to do so? "We are too hungry", that's what they said.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:08 pm

Arale wrote:More terrible, all people who gather what's left are shot immediately.
_Arale_

That is not true. People are taking whatever they need. They are not being shot. However, the situation is made worse by another element that I have no explanation for. The people are being kept against their will in that superdome that is on the news. They want to get out and go to safety outside the city but they have been LOCKED INSIDE by so-called athorities. There is only one road that now leads out of the city BUT a check point or road block has been set up there to prevent anyone from escaping.
A group of tourists who had to leave their hotels tried to walk out of the city but police fired warning shots over their heads to make them turn around. Those police are lucky that I was not there..... because I would have shot back.

This is very disturbing. Why is government taken citizen rights off these people? On whos' athority? Who is in charge? I want his name.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:42 pm

danyet wrote:
Arale wrote:More terrible, all people who gather what's left are shot immediately.
_Arale_

That is not true. People are taking whatever they need. They are not being shot. However, the situation is made worse by another element that I have no explanation for. The people are being kept against their will in that superdome that is on the news. They want to get out and go to safety outside the city but they have been LOCKED INSIDE by so-called athorities. There is only one road that now leads out of the city BUT a check point or road block has been set up there to prevent anyone from escaping.
A group of tourists who had to leave their hotels tried to walk out of the city but police fired warning shots over their heads to make them turn around. Those police are lucky that I was not there..... because I would have shot back.

This is very disturbing. Why is government taken citizen rights off these people? On whos' athority? Who is in charge? I want his name.

The news that is coming through here is terrible. 50 Australians were stranded in New Orleands. Two media companies in Australia have managed to go in and get a handful of Australians out with security guards. Apparently from reports from these survivors what is going on there is frightening. There are gangs that are committing terrible acts in that superdome. It is absolutely disgusting.

The American government needs to concentrate all of its efforts to get this situation fixed up immediately. Australia has offered help but it has been refused at this point. We aren't allowed to send any diplomatic efforts over to help our citizens (for security reasons). I mean what is that about?

When the Tsunami hit Indonesia the whole world was there quickly and action was taken swiftly to try and help people get fresh water, food, clothes etc. America has to accept the help if they need it.

:twisted: :twisted: :cry:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Current News