EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

BOMB BLASTS IN BALI - at least 25 Killed!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

BOMB BLASTS IN BALI - at least 25 Killed!

Postby Shazzam » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:49 am

At least one possibly 3 Australians are dead in a string of deadly bombings which went through restaurants in Bali.

At least 25 killed and more than 100 injured. A 16 year old Australian boy has been comfirmed killed. 17 other Australians injured.

The latest attacks come just days before the 3rd anniversary of the October 12, 2002 Bali nightclub attacks which killed 202, including 88 Australians.

In the latest attacks, 2 explosions ripped through a beach-side seafood restaurant about 7.30 local time.

Minutes later another blast tore through Raja's Bar and Restaurant, 30 kilometres away in a busy precinct of Kuta.

Most of the victims were Indonesian, although injured were foreigners which included people from Australia, Japan, Korea and Germany.

No one has claimed responsibility for these attacks. But it won't be too hard to guess who.

When will this sort of carnage stop? ACTS OF COWARDESS!~

I would never visit Bali. This current spade of attacks will just about kill their tourist industry and this is what their economy relies upon.
Last edited by Shazzam on Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:50 am

Jemaah Islamiah. Exterminate them and their religion or join them. Those are your only options for peace.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:52 am

danyet wrote:Jemaah Islamiah. Exterminate them and their religion or join them. Those are your only options for peace.

I leave this with you: I WON'T BE JOINING!
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Re: BOMB BLASTS IN BALI - at least 25 Killed!

Postby MissLT » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:41 am

shazzam1452 wrote: I would never visit Bali. This current spade of attacks will just about kill their tourist industry and this is what they economy relies upon.

Bali is an amazing place. I've seen a documentary about this place. Those who started this thing will die in hell for killing others and destroying beautiful scenes :x .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:39 am

danyet wrote:Jemaah Islamiah. Exterminate them and their religion or join them. Those are your only options for peace.

This time I agree with you, danyet. They are sick people.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Shazzam » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:41 am

News has come through tonight you are right Danyet. They are a faction of Al-queda. Ba...ards! :evil: :twisted:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:24 pm

Here is a link to the Age out of Melbourne you will have to register for it, though.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/tee ... 10079.html
We need to stay away from muslim countries. If this is not a wake up call I don't know what is. We should pull all of our western interests out of islam all over the world. We are not welcome we do not belong there for any reason. I also think we should pull out of Iraq as soon as their army is trained and their government elected.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:46 pm

danyet wrote:Here is a link to the Age out of Melbourne you will have to register for it, though.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/tee ... 10079.html
We need to stay away from muslim countries. If this is not a wake up call I don't know what is. We should pull all of our western interests out of islam all over the world. We are not welcome we do not belong there for any reason. I also think we should pull out of Iraq as soon as their army is trained and their government elected.

Danyet all I can say is I totally agree with you. I really believe the best thing to do is stay away. I can't understand why so many Australian's went back there. Some people I know feel sorry for the Balinese because they are so impoverished. It's not worth dying for; at the hands of a mad bomber. The Indonesian government really needs to get its act together.

The answer for me is to stay.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:43 am

One Mum from the area where I live in Australia has died in the Bali bombings her husband is intensive care and her two children have returned home. It is so upsetting as there were alot of people from Newcastle in Bali on a school get-together. This is pretty much an annual event. My sister-in-law did the same thing last year.

Alot of Australians who have returned (and are regular visitors to Bali) have said that they won't return. They feel really sorry for the Balinese people; they have said that they are lovely people, but they just aren't prepared to risk it anymore. There have been so many bombings there in the last three years.

I have to admit I don't blame them; especially if you are planning a family vacation; why would you want to put your family in harms way. Once you can live with; but some families went back (as they were there after the last attack) thinking things might be ok; only for it to happen again.

Horrible NEWS! :twisted: :evil:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hummingbird » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:49 pm

[quote="shazzam1452"]There have been so many bombings there in the last three years.
quote]

Yaa.. There are really so many so many this kind of bombings :x
WHEN will the terrorism can AWAKE ??!!

WHEN can they STOP hurting people around the world ???!!![b]
Hummingbird

Next

Return to Current News