EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Bird flu

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Bird flu

Postby mr_Love » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:10 am

this diseace is going every were......

with the flying birds.....

i have read theat

Authorities in Greece have confirmed a case of bird flu on a turkey farm on the Aegean Sea island of Oinouses, near the Turkish coast.

Health services in Greece and elsewhere in Europe had already been on alert after the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu was confirmed in Romania and Turkey.

Greek veterinary authorities have also increased inspections of migratory birds at six wetland areas around the country, with daily samples to be sent to two state laboratories.

what you say about this Dird flu...which is starting saperating every where
mr_Love
Rough Diamond Member

Postby mr_Love » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:27 pm

Why you people dont care about it !!!!
mr_Love
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:09 pm

I have been following this story for six months at least. We will just have to wait to see if this virus will mutate into a virus that is communicable between humans. Right now it is only still communicable from infected bird to human. If it becomes mutated into a version that can be spread human to human then we are in a lot of trouble.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:38 pm

danyet wrote:I have been following this story for six months at least. We will just have to wait to see if this virus will mutate into a virus that is communicable between humans. Right now it is only still communicable from infected bird to human. If it becomes mutated into a version that can be spread human to human then we are in a lot of trouble.

I was reading a news article online yesterday where: Mr Abbott the Deputy Leader has stated that he feels the current vaccine is useless. He claims that it is highly likely that the virus will change and render the benefits of the vaccine redundant. Pretty frightening stuff. Hopefully most countries have their quarantine officers working at full strength to try to prevent a global spread of this virus. :shock:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:01 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
I was reading a news article online yesterday where: Mr Abbott the Deputy Leader has stated that he feels the current vaccine is useless. He claims that it is highly likely that the virus will change and render the benefits of the vaccine redundant.

Not only that I hear that it will take 6 months develope another vaccine after the first one becomes outdated and fails.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:08 pm

danyet wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:
I was reading a news article online yesterday where: Mr Abbott the Deputy Leader has stated that he feels the current vaccine is useless. He claims that it is highly likely that the virus will change and render the benefits of the vaccine redundant.

Not only that I hear that it will take 6 months develope another vaccine after the first one becomes outdated and fails.

So in this case prevention is definately better than cure? :(
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:41 am

On the news today in Sydney; two birds imported from Canada to Australia have tested positive for the bird flu, and Newcastle disease. There has now been a prohibition put in place for any more birds from Canada. Pretty scarry stuff. The thing is how do you stop this. I mean birds fly all over the World. It isn't only the ones that come through airports!
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:47 am

I thought it only involved with chickens. :? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:37 am

LennyeTran wrote:I thought it only involved with chickens. :? :?

The birds that tested postitive here were pigeons.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:41 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I thought it only involved with chickens. :? :?

The birds that tested postitive here were pigeons.

I thought it only happened in Asia and affected all the chickens :oops: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Current News