EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Odd news!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:48 pm

I know. Although I detest kissing in public, putting someone to jail for it is a bit too harsh to me. :roll: "The best government is the least governs." When will people learn?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:15 pm

A creative essay can't be that creative!

Lee has been removed from school, and District 155 spokesman Jeff Puma said the district is evaluating Lee's punishment while he attends an offsite learning program in the school district.

The charges against Lee could result in a possible $1,500 fine and up to 30 days in jail if he is convicted.

Things are just getting really odd! This dude is charged for writing a disturbing creative essay. What, are they afraid of another VT shooting would happen? :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu May 03, 2007 4:05 pm

Judge sues cleaner for $65M over pants (copied)

If this is not a revenge, I don't know what else to say. A $65 millions lawsuit over a pants? He should be ashamed of being a judge or a human being. :x
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Nawas » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:14 pm

Dog suckles panther cub

A two week old panther at Belgrade Zoo has been adopted by a dog after its mother not only refused to feed it, but attempted to kill it

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/videoStory?videoId=61153&feedType=RSS
Nawas

Postby Tora » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:13 pm

http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/15429

this is a story that has been buzzing into my ears for a month and a half and I'm just curios is it only me who considers it as stupid one and I don't understand what caused that sissy rattling around a stupid mother and her offspring?

A heart-piercing month-and-a-half lasting story about wonderful adventures of Russian Nils, known inside the country boarders and out of it as “Serozha”, has ended up successfully this very Friday.
I know not what witchy leprechaun put a spell oh his mamma’s brain (of there is any), or travel agency managers’ ones, or just mere medics’ ones who let a cluck from Tver town to go abroad on her vacation. Nanotechnologies and SuperJet 100 may kindly wait for their turn before the government finally realizes that a national project of filling the skull space of the citizens definitely is more important. And only after that the whole moron nation may be cured and suggested to be propagating for money proposes.
Isn’t it mentally safer and wiser to pay people for being sensible, coping to intellectualize and just making the simplest processes of thinking? I understand not if it’s just me who hardly gains love, caress and warm for a dozen of my own tribesmen, is so freaked out by this very anecdote or if it’s everybody has came into agreement of freaking me out and melting with just a sight of a 1,5 kg babe and his half-witted mummy?
What a light-minded and empty-headed creature a one pregnant must be to set off on a several hours of air flight journey and changing climate and condition terms? Why the travel agency allowed it to the mother-to-be? Why the woman herself didn’t grab an idea that it may hurt her child?
After all it is Turk medics, their flexibility and partly according to the Mass Media attention to the story the tad is alive. And why on Earth the Turk Medicine System has to pay for the heedlessness of Russian citizens even if the travel agency subscribed money? What sums of money were spent by our very country on the sophisticated equipment for the kid’s deliverance from the resort to Moscow and from Moscow to Tver? Why do all the TV channels interviewing the lady vying with each other making a Janna D’ark out of her and drooling in the name of a kind heart.
Well I would be much pleased if a happy family is made to compensate the expenses caused by their slovenly acting, the days spent there (mom is tanned perfectly), food, treatment, equipment, doctors’ salary and the flight, but of course people are less cynical than me… SUCH A STUPIDITY! :roll:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:34 am

I know it's an old one, but it really made me "laugh in tears". I saw it on You Tube two weeks ago. :lol:
Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question

I even found about her in wikipedia :!:

Caitlin Upton
Miss. Ladybird
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:15 am

Miss. Ladybird wrote:I know it's an old one, but it really made me "laugh in tears". I saw it on You Tube two weeks ago. :lol:
Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question

I even found about her in wikipedia :!:

Caitlin Upton

:shock: :shock: :shock: No comments :!:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: Odd news!

Postby Tora » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:18 am

Don't even dare...
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/pu ... 4273.shtml

there is a difference - in developing countries masters are trialed and punished for not feeding animals, in developed - just on the contrary...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 204151.stm
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Re:

Postby sweethuman » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 am

MissLT wrote:
danyet wrote:The odd thing about that is the fact that the man actually admitted that he was drying the bed because he wet it.

Man peed on the bed because he was too drunk= odd
Man tried to dry his bed because he wetted it= odder
Man putt fire in the house during drying it= oddest
:lol: :lol: :lol:

\
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Previous

Return to Current News