EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Riots in France 6 Days, So Far!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Riots in France 6 Days, So Far!

Postby Danyet » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:48 am

Are you aware of the riots going on in a suburb of Paris, France for the past five days? Apparently, a couple of Muslim youths who thought they were being pursued by the police figured it would be a good idea to scale the wall of an electrical relay station and touch transformers. They electrocuted themselves, and somehow the Muslim community has managed to blame the cops for this. Riiiiight. Actually I have heard that about 20 towns are involved now.

“Iran is backing and assisting the riots in France. And it’s whole lot worse than the MSM is letting on, with car dealerships being burned down and commuter trains being stopped and pelted with rocks. What’s odd is that MSM is mentioning the ethnicity of the rioter — Muslim — in most of their stories until much later.”

http://israelamerica.net/
http://nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=6713
Last edited by Danyet on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:56 pm

This is not really a new news to me since they've done something like this.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Danyet » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:18 pm

Riots have now continued for eight days in and around Paris. Thursday night, November 3, Muslim rioters burned 315 cars. In the previous week, they torched 177 vehicles and burned numerous businesses, a post office, and two schools. They have rampaged through twenty towns and shot at police and firemen. In an episode that summed up the failure of France’s efforts to create a domestic, domesticated Islam, when moderate Muslim leader Dalil Boubakeur, head of the Paris mosque, tried to restore calm, his car was pelted with stones and he had to rush away.

The riots began on October 27 when two Muslim teenagers ran from police who were checking identification papers — why they ran is as yet unclear. The police did not chase them.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:12 am

Night 10
900 cars have been burned now. Two primary schools have recently been burned. The violence has now spread to the center of Paris where molotoff cocktails have been thrown and cars burned. It is said that 40 neighbourhoods have been attacked. So much for the "multicultural experiment".
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby ahmads » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:08 pm

all rioters are muslims ,,
oh my god :lol: :lol: :lol:
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:31 pm

ahmads wrote:all rioters are muslims ,,
oh my god :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, I see, so you think that they are ''French youths,'' huh? You mean Pierre and Jacques and Marcel and Alphonse?
Granted that most of the "youths" are technically citizens of the French Republic, it doesn't take much time in les banlieus of Paris to discover that the rioters do not think of their primary identity as ''French'': They're young men from North Africa growing ever more estranged from the broader community with each passing year and wedded ever more intensely to an assertive Muslim identity more implacable than anything you're likely to find in the Middle East.
Or is it because they are mostly from North Africa and their skin is darker than yours that you won't count them as your Muslim brothers? I realize, of course, as did Malcolm X, that Arab Muslims have a propensity for treating Black Muslims as "second class Muslims".
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:54 pm

We are only starting to get new coverage on this now. Better late than never! The destruction is terrible; locals are in fear and have taken to the streets in an attempt to stop these young people. :cry:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:23 am

More than 1400 cars have been burned so far in France, or so the TV said. There's a programme on the Catalan television right now where there's a debate about immigrant muslims.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Shazzam » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:06 pm

The news reports this morning: rioters shot and wounded police and torched 1,400 vehicles in the worst violence since unrest erupted in France's poor suburbs 11 days ago. A man beaten by a youth become the first fatality.

It must be like living in a nightmare. In cases like this I agree with Danyet people over there should be able to arm themselves; I mean, this is a WAR! :cry: :(

I found these reports frightening because I could see this happening so easily in some of the western suburbs of Sydney. People don't think about it much here; but it could errupt very easily with all the tension out there. I'm sure there are other countries with similar issues that are watching the footage on this situation with fear. :shock: :shock:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:42 am

Rioting Spreads to 300 Towns in France, Belgium and Germany

Check this out! http://standeyo.com/NEWS/05_World/05110 ... riots.html
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Next

Return to Current News