EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Sharon in surgery after suffering a stroke.

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Sharon in surgery after suffering a stroke.

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:23 am

Israeli Prime Minister is in surgery after suffering a stroke at his ranch. They say that it isn't looking too good for him. Even though his surgeons are saying that the surgery is going well.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=77986
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:45 am

Perhaps we will be fortunate enough to get Netanyahu back as PM, then. Sharon is a bit weak on the Palestinian crime issues. My only fear is that Netanyahu will be assasinated while in office.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:50 am

danyet wrote:Perhaps we will be fortunate enough to get Netanyahu back as PM, then. Sharon is a bit weak on the Palestinian crime issues. My only fear is that Netanyahu will be assasinated while in office.

Either way I don't think Sharon will be back in the seat (death or not). He will be lucky to survive. :(
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Rui » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:13 am

well, i understand your thoughts about his health, but as he is suffering there's many people in the world suffering even more and not with all the medical assistance that he has had... i know that he is probably important to try to solve the conflict between the israelis and the palestines, but to be honest i gave up of trying to understand that people some time ago.
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby ahmads » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:37 am

actualy ,,,I don't care If he will survive or no,
first all people will die..
so he will die in this year or after 2 years ,finally he will die
second ,he have made many of decisions for killing people,,maybe thousands of people or more.
I think we will lose one of murderers
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:05 am

ahmads wrote:actualy ,,,I don't care If he will survive or no,
first all people will die..
so he will die in this year or after 2 years ,finally he will die
second ,he have made many of decisions for killing people,,maybe thousands of people or more.
I think we will lose one of murderers

I feel sad for you, it must feel terrible to hate someone so bad.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:24 am

Sharon is back in surgery tonight I would suspect that the bleeding on the brain has resumed.

I would be very surprised if he survives more than 24 hours. It seems like there isn't much the doctors can do. This will make things very interesting in the middle east. As if things weren't interesting enough. :roll:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=80234
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Rui » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:06 am

yeah.. i just can't understand why those people cannot understand each other, just because the frontiers of the nation or my religion it's better than yours, i just can't understand why because for me there's no difference between a portuguese or a person from another nationality, we are all people living in the same world, so why this fights... probably i'm completely ignorant about this subject and i don't know why the things are this way :( but be happy with the dead of a person, this is absolutely unimaginable for me.
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:22 am

Rui wrote:yeah.. i just can't understand why those people cannot understand each other, just because the frontiers of the nation or my religion it's better than yours, i just can't understand why because for me there's no difference between a portuguese or a person from another nationality, we are all people living in the same world, so why this fights... probably i'm completely ignorant about this subject and i don't know why the things are this way :( but be happy with the dead of a person, this is absolutely unimaginable for me.

You are so right Rui. :wink:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Anahita » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:33 am

Rui , may be the key for your question is in human nature which is a very competitive , tricky thing some times. in the first point , no one likes to kill another human or tries to invade other countries just for differences between cultures or religions, but when it comes to this point that you are being attacked , insulted and forced to leave your mother land hostilely by some new comers who are bullying you , pushing you away from your own home , making a threat to kill every one of your people , just because they want to have what you have , well , such a conflicts and hateful feelings toward each other is very natural . fire brings fire ..
And personally I don’t give damn that Sharon is dying , regardless he dies or stay alive , nothing will change in middle east because the whole system that Sharon was working for it , is still going on . Tomorrow another person will come and fills his position , so being happy about his death is pointless ..
Last edited by Anahita on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anahita
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Current News