EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Pope Benedict XVI in Poland

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Pope Benedict XVI in Poland

Postby LadyMacbeth » Fri May 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Hello:)
Benedict XVI is 30 kilometres from me now:). Hello Benedict - he speaks Polish so good:)
PS. yesterday I had such a good opinion aout US music but today I have to say I am all disapointed again. Look what Madonna does in the meantime:
http://www.time.com/time/quotes

my question goes like: is this woman normal?
:oops:
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Pope Benedict XVI in Poland

Postby Dixie » Fri May 26, 2006 5:21 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello:)
Benedict XVI is 30 kilometres from me now:). Hello Benedict - he speaks Polish so good:)
:

Isn't he Polish?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

hello Dixie:)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Fri May 26, 2006 5:25 pm

Hi:)
"benny" isn't Polish. he is German. but his Polish one year later is really stunning. he has told today 50% of his mass in Polish. isn't it great? I think it is.
how about da Vinci code? is it still talk-of-the-world?
cause Madonna will never stop to be the one- for sure.

:roll:
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri May 26, 2006 6:11 pm

I thought he was Polish :roll: Oh no wait, that must have been the former Pope, right?
Dixie

hi Dixie:)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sat May 27, 2006 8:48 am

hello:)
yes. John Paul II was from Poland. He wrote 10 thousand books probably. Now Benedict XVI won hearts of Polish people cause he speaks Polish language so well. I do hope many Polish people will buy books of John Paul II here. They really should learn something from him. Becasue he was both great pope and man - no doubt but they.... jeeez:(
Nice day Dixie and everyone else.
:oops:
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: hi Dixie:)

Postby Dixie » Sat May 27, 2006 9:39 am

LadyMacbeth wrote:hello:)
He wrote 10 thousand books probably.

That's impossible.
Dixie

right.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sat May 27, 2006 12:22 pm

Yes. Probably I exaggerated. Probably 10 thousand pages of paper he filled with his different texts. As deals books he wrote on his own - maybe 10-30, books he wrote. Then - books with his peeches/prayers/biographies/travels/pictures - 500-1000 different books around the world or maybe much more.
Ok. So many paper...
Have a nice day:)
Now Benedict is somewhere in the middle probably. Soon I will present to you his means of transportation and pictures from his staying in Czestochowa city. He even appeared in window of Archibishop Palace in Cracow yesterday. Total national hystery as I understand.
Nice day:)
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

breaking news:)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun May 28, 2006 5:48 pm

LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

are all media so stupid?

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon May 29, 2006 12:57 pm

it is so embarrassing to me that I have to write this short letter and ask my question that goes: WHY MEDIA ARE SO STUPID TODAY???
Yesterday the pilgrimidge of Pope Benedict XVI to Poland finished. That's truth. Other things written about it are worse than stupid. For example a sentence from POLISH-LANGUAGE(!!!) net-article "(...) of course the main point of Pope Benedict XVI's visit to Poland was Auschitz Birkenau".
Oh my God - how could Auschwitz Birkenau be the main point of 4 day long staying of Pope BXVI in Poland?!?
The truth is he went there on HIS OWN REQUEST. Previously noone even wanted here to make any all-over-the-world manifestation of German Pope going to Auschwitz and apologising for...?!?
And these all Jews - how dissatisfied are they again! Will they ever be satissfied at all? Benedict XVI isn't any Jew at all. His family also had to move from place to place during Nazi times and he had to join Hitlerjugend. Otherwise he could be another victim of Auschwitz. Doth some Germans died there too!
Probably that's what aches these all Jews the most. That catholic Pope is a German - not a Jew - and he is catholic, what must be even worse for Jews.
So in my opinion Cracow was the main point of Benedict XVI visit to Poland and places connected with birth and life of John Paul II. He spent almost 3 days in Cracow and 2 hours in Auschitz.
this world is more than insane I am afraid. But I hope to be in my right senses at this moment of writing this letter.
Nice day:)
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: are all media so stupid?

Postby Tora » Mon May 29, 2006 2:13 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:And these all Jews - how dissatisfied are they again! Will they ever be satissfied at all? Benedict XVI isn't any Jew at all. His family also had to move from place to place during Nazi times and he had to join Hitlerjugend. Otherwise he could be another victim of Auschwitz. Doth some Germans died there too!
Probably that's what aches these all Jews the most. That catholic Pope is a German - not a Jew - and he is catholic, what must be even worse for Jews.
So in my opinion Cracow was the main point of Benedict XVI visit to Poland and places connected with birth and life of John Paul II. He spent almost 3 days in Cracow and 2 hours in Auschitz.
this world is more than insane I am afraid. But I hope to be in my right senses at this moment of writing this letter.

Lady, dear! Why should the jews be involved in official catholic church! I guess their dissastisfaction has nothing common with their not participation as they are wise to follow their religion!

The day before i watched Schindler's list - and all my present mood is affected now! by the movie and what i've read about those hard timed during the world war second and the sufferings and tortures of jewish people! and your claims seem really weird to me! i see you have prejudices not only against russians but also against jews! I guess today i'll be defending this very nation very hard!

why do non-catholic population have to awe the pope? as still i can't name any of Bene's acts that could turn my attitude to an exremely plesant way... the only thing i liked - he rejected speaking in his own language while staying in Auschitz! sure John Paul II will remain in hearts of only catholics but in the heart of every one who is bothered with problems of the present days! the new pope has to do A LOT to deserve an equal glory!
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Current News