World Cup

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Masayuki

World Cup

Post by Masayuki »

Hi.

The World Cup game 2006 is now on in Germany. Almost all Japanese people crazy about it. Many Japanese people go to Germany without ticket, actually.

How about your country?
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I'm so bored about it. Can't wait when it's over..
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hardi wrote:I'm so bored about it. Can't wait when it's over..
Me too.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Why so? If you don't want to watch just don't! :? :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yes Tora but people around us keep talking and talking about it; sometimes TV programs are rescheduled because of the games... It's all too much :lol: LOL

(I don't mind because I seldom watch TV :D)
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:Yes Tora but people around us keep talking and talking about it; sometimes TV programs are rescheduled because of the games... It's all too much :lol: LOL

(I don't mind because I seldom watch TV :D)
just grin and bear a bit more - I guess just a half is left (or the whole half) :wink: :lol:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Hardi and Dixie, don't you like watching World Cup? Suprising really! Here in Vietnam, everyone seems to live in World Cup. We have been having a great time. Just one thing, lose much sleep as Germany has different time zone with us.

_Arale_
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I hope the Australian team hurries up and loses just so I they can get over themselves......no real Aussies play soccer anyway!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote:I hope the Australian team hurries up and loses just so I they can get over themselves......no real Aussies play soccer anyway!
It's because you can't run? :lol: You just don't know how cute those guys look in shorts. Look at them hunky, chunky thighs! :lol: :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Arale wrote:Hardi and Dixie, don't you like watching World Cup? Suprising really! Here in Vietnam, everyone seems to live in World Cup. We have been having a great time. Just one thing, lose much sleep as Germany has different time zone with us.

_Arale_
Not at all... sick of it already! :twisted: :lol:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

by the way - the australian coach is russian coach-to-be after the world cup! :!:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Never liked that game. Maybe 3 times have played in sporting class on groundschooltime -stupid teacher panned.. I really disliked it... I'm too individualistic for that game. can't play with team.. I believe, most estonians have that fault. Everyone is for own.. I forgot for witch team I play. :lol:

Fortunately I don't have lot of friends around of me, who annoy me with footpall, but there is nothing to watch on tv. and that's catastrophe.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Hardi wrote: Fortunately I don't have lot of friends around of me, who annoy me with footpall, but there is nothing to watch on tv. and that's catastrophe.
Surf your 40 russian channels! :lol:
cyborg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by cyborg »

at my place: man, people are so immersed, so am i.

The game is so addictive that, im not able to carry forward my routine. The impact is unlimited, this morning I had exam, yet I just decided to keep a track of those matches. It’s no different at workstation; older LCD’s & tv’s are replaced by new once. The scheduled meet are ether postponed or proponed, people getting crazy……hahaha
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

cyborg wrote:at my place: man, people are so immersed, so am i.

The game is so addictive that, im not able to carry forward my routine. The impact is unlimited, this morning I had exam, yet I just decided to keep a track of those matches. It’s no different at workstation; older LCD’s & tv’s are replaced by new once. The scheduled meet are ether postponed or proponed, people getting crazy……hahaha
I had my exam already this morning either! :wink: Do you watch it just because you can't help watching it or your team plays? What country do you represent here? :D
cyborg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by cyborg »

my exams, turn dam bad.....how about your's, i hope you turned out with flying colors

I update myself with every single match.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Sorry of Japanese, who must wake something about 4:00 morning to watch it.. One of my Japanese friend was worried already about weeks before. If she can wake for those games or not. Weird... I was sure, that only men are crazy about footpall.

Maybe if Estonian team was qualified, to worldcup, I would little interested too.. but to stay awake to see it?! My sleep is more worth than a game.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I've been watching the Spanish channels (you should, too), and I love how the sport reporter keeps yelling Gooooooooooooooooooool! and perfectamente legal. That's priceless. 8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Watching Spain and Tunisia now. Gosh, that Tunisian goal keeper was stupid. :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote: I've been watching the Spanish channels (you should, too), and I love how the sport reporter keeps yelling Gooooooooooooooooooool! and perfectamente legal. That's priceless. 8)
perfectamente legal? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

LennyeTran wrote:
danyet wrote:I hope the Australian team hurries up and loses just so I they can get over themselves......no real Aussies play soccer anyway!
It's because you can't run? :lol: You just don't know how cute those guys look in shorts. Look at them hunky, chunky thighs! :lol: :lol:
Oh please........ those Soccer guys are pansies compared to Rugby players or Aussie Rules Football Players. And you haven't seen the short shorts they wear either!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: I've been watching the Spanish channels (you should, too), and I love how the sport reporter keeps yelling Gooooooooooooooooooool! and perfectamente legal. That's priceless. 8)
perfectamente legal? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops: Did I type it wrong? Anyways, saw a few words today while the reporter was yelling, "penal, penal, penal, penal, penalty!" "excelente reaccion" "una..." something something something I forgot... :oops: :lol:

Gosh, what a spirit! So full of life! So making me love the games even more! 8)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I just didn't know you knew some Spanish :D ;)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I can guess some words, but sometimes they're not that obvious. I have to ask Chris (he's my dictionary when I'm too lazy to check it online) to know the meaning in that case.
Masayuki

Post by Masayuki »

Actually, Japanese people are so crazy about that. They gather at cafe, bar, stadium and other places when the game is going on. Yesterday (the day before yesterday?), they gathered those place, even if the game start at 4 o'clock in the morning, at Japan time.

But you know theb result...
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I haven't watched spanish channels though yesterday while france was playing against Togo russian sport reporter was sitting next to (I bet) his spanish collegues! When Henry stroke second goal our reporter kept silent while somewhere from the background spanish ones were yelling gooooooooooooal for 15 seconds I guess! They are times more active during the match! :o
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Yeah, it's amazing how they can talk through the whole match. It's 90 minutes of reporting right there. And they yell repeated words for about 30 seconds or something. I like their enthusiasm.
GoldenPearl

Post by GoldenPearl »

I would like to give my Expectations about who I think will win
it so bad that German had lost but I think france will win the would cub not Italy . and maybi German become the third .
rayuela

Post by rayuela »

I´m so happy that the World Cup is going to end on Sunday!!! My father has been all this month watching football!!!
GoldenPearl

Post by GoldenPearl »

Today is the final match of world cup 2006 and I wish france wins .
GoldenPearl

Post by GoldenPearl »

Nooooooooooooooo :shock: :twisted:
France lose what a bad luck , I wont forget this day but at least it is the second
they deserve to win but this is not their lucky day :cry:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Wow, Italy has finall got the cup, huh? How long have they been waiting for it since the last time they got it? It seems like forever, to me.
rayuela

Post by rayuela »

LennyeTran wrote:Yeah, it's amazing how they can talk through the whole match. It's 90 minutes of reporting right there. And they yell repeated words for about 30 seconds or something. I like their enthusiasm.

If you are so amazed with that thing you have to hear them during the year (the Spanish League) because they do the same!!! In fact, there are a lot of Spanish people that watch the football match on TV without voice and put the radio on to hear the radio reporters voice, specially the program "El carrusel deportivo" of the Ser channel, they are very, very, very enthusiastic!!!! :lol: