a troubled football game announcer in China

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

LennyeTran wrote:Was he screaming in English, though? Or just plain Chinese that no Australian could understand except Chinese Australians? :?
He was screaming out in Chinese,but maybe when the Chinese journalists were editting the news and have published it,the journalists from other countries,including Australian reporters who understand Chinese translated it into English.Well I just got the result from my newspaper but I could enduce how it went on as our Worldcup comments are always from all parts of the world,like Reuters,NYtimes,etc.Information could be so interactive nowadays.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I don't know. Maybe I'm one who don't see it as a big deal. I, on the other hand, found it quite bizzare to hear something as long live Italy or your Majesty Italy. I mean, long live the King, hail to the King, your Majesty, my Lord, Master, Sir, or Ma'am are not something I would say to anyone. Well, except Sir or Ma'am since I call someone Sir or Ma'am when I'm annoyed. Other than those, I don't use the rest ever in my life. Those words would give me the expression that I was inferior than someone if I used them to express my feeling toward someone.

Anyway, I thought China has long gone over the dynastic system, but somehow the mentality is still the same.
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

LennyeTran wrote: Anyway, I thought China has long gone over the dynastic system, but somehow the mentality is still the same.
Yeah,I agree with you partcially.What some of the governments/administrations do sometimes are quite like autocrats,no freedom,no indiviuals,though it sugarcoats its suface which sounds like so democratic,but anyone who is experienced know what're the hidden notions.Just like "coin has its two sides,"history leaves us elite but also reek&bugs.How to uproot them,how to chuck our dogma remains a problem and still has a long way to go.But we Chinese teens will pump up the lively air and enlighten our nation's furure.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I guess it's hard to change since you have a long history of different dynasties. Is this news pretty hot there right now? My bf is in Shanghai right now. I'd like to ask him about this when he's back.
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

Yeah,of course the news is simmering around here,not only in Shanghai.I think he'll smell the atomosphere if he is cutting edge. :)