EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

the world's gone mad

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

the world's gone mad

Postby Tora » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:53 pm

I really think so... every time I switch on the telly - crimes, crises, blasts, murdering... there is a political crisis in Ukraine - the opposites bring to the Rada sirens and keep them screaming during the whole working day, they fight there and there is no way out, even the president doubts what political forces to support.

there were terrorist attacks in India not so long time ago, innocent people dying all over

North Korea tries weapon without telling a word about it, Russia is it's neighbour and not only Russia

tragedy in Valencia, it's an accident but still it means that the world is out of order

the war! God, it's a war! Lebanon is attacked by Israel - a peaceful country - and you are still afraid of Iran and it's Iranium?

every week happens something horrible... good news are very rare...
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:02 pm

You can try to find the peace within yourself by doing volunteer work and hanging with family and friends. Forget the world and its problems. Forget the ignorants who would kill others for religion, politics, money, love, etc.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:09 pm

LennyeTran wrote:You can try to find the peace within yourself by doing volunteer work and hanging with family and friends. Forget the world and its problems. Forget the ignorants who would kill others for religion, politics, money, love, etc.

you're trying your psycological abilities on me, Lennye? :lol: Yeah, I must say you're right, but if I stop thinking about it, nothing will change... I don't understand what happens - I just think it's crazy!
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:13 pm

I understand what happened!
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:14 pm

Well, it's true that if you stop thinking about it, nothing will change. However, if you keep thinking about it and just think, nothing will change either. Thus, do your part within your ability range, you know. I know I'm not Condoleezza Rice (hate this woman, by the way), so I think it's better for me to just volunteer.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:21 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Well, it's true that if you stop thinking about it, nothing will change. However, if you keep thinking about it and just think, nothing will change either. Thus, do your part within your ability range, you know. I know I'm not Condoleezza Rice (hate this woman, by the way), so I think it's better for me to just volunteer.

why do you hate poor Condoleezza? I don't know much about her, know just she speaks Russian a bit and talks with our god-damned-good-looking minister of foreign policy! :roll:

I'm always making big eyes when I'm watching news and wonder how it takes place in a wise and intelligent society!
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:24 pm

She's a Republican who supports Bush always. An African-American Republican? That's just.... I don't know which word I should use to describe it.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:54 pm

LennyeTran wrote:She's a Republican who supports Bush always. An African-American Republican? That's just.... I don't know which word I should use to describe it.
That's is described as, "one hell of a smart an independant Black woman."
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby zaman » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:59 pm

hy LennyeTran :
i want ro ask you question , put please answear me frankly ok.
are you racial.
zaman
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:58 am

:twisted: Yes, I am. People make me sick, so I hate them all. Did I answer your unrelated-business-question?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Current News