EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

does it make sense to build walls?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

does it make sense to build walls?

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 am

LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:39 pm

I don't know. I do not like the wall because it can be used to keep people in USA. Like a jail!
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

errr...

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:38 pm

I don't think so. US is big enough to live there without any feeling of claustrophobia (as I imagine).
Besides you have northern border too. Why would you have to leave for the south? You like heat so much there? Who knows...

But what I think is that again illegal immigrants from Mexico will be mostly used to build this wall. That's why me and many other people like me are asking - does it make any sense at all?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:41 pm

Anyway - you can always turn back into Africa. There is also rather hot continent.

But being serious - it could be too expensive nowadays... though who knows...
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:31 am

Conservative Americans are afraid that American jobs wil be taken by illegal immigrants. More jobs have been sent to Asia and South America, for example, China. They're trying to save Americans's income and saving Americans from the illegal drugs also. There are some private or independent labs buy drugs from those countries in the South because they're way cheaper and non-licensed.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Great Wall in China.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:29 pm

Hehehe - are conservative Americans really scared?
Well... I think noone as cheerful and opened as South Americans. Of course Asian people are hot and African even hotter but the hottest are surely South Americans (they say) ;) .
I think US should rather think about US Union than building walls.. Then they could have lots of cheap trips around South America. Kids could go to see what is a jungle etc.
Why not?
All in all I think that there isn't any real jungle in US so far...

I have fancied this idea observing what EU means as deals its educational aspect. Pupils around Europe travel from one country into another and many interesting things happen.

For example pupils from Spain come to Poland and like it very much but when they travelled to Germany they didn't like it half as much even.

For me was almost amusing to hear about all this story.

All in all I think it could be really nice trip to me to see a real jungle...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Oriani » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:28 pm

For me it doesn't make any sense, after the Berlin ones many years ago, I think walls can't do anything. That's gonna be torn down, soon or later! (I think)
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Re: Great Wall in China.

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:04 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hehehe - are conservative Americans really scared?

Oh yes, they are. They are scared of everything. Whatever you name it, they'd be scared of it-- abortion, poverty, homeless, gay marriages, welfare, medicare, immigrants, scholarship for poor, etc. Here we call them scaredy cats Republicans. (an American joke here *insert laugh*) :lol: :lol:

LadyMacbeth wrote:Well... I think noone as cheerful and opened as South Americans. Of course Asian people are hot and African even hotter but the hottest are surely South Americans (they say) ;) .

Are you talking about environment or appearance here?

LadyMacbeth wrote:All in all I think that there isn't any real jungle in US so far...

It depends on what you call what is a jungle. Amazon-like? Nah, I don't think so.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

who takes grants in US?

Postby LadyMacbeth » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:38 pm

scholarship for poor

Wow - it really ... scared me for a while.
Who takes grants in US then?
In my country you can get scholarships for your excellent performance (I type) and because you are poor (II type). Some people take both.
In my opinion scholarships should be for poor but very skilled (I type is enough).
How is it in US if I can ask? Two types too?
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: who takes grants in US?

Postby MissLT » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:24 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:
scholarship for poor

Wow - it really ... scared me for a while.
Who takes grants in US then?
In my country you can get scholarships for your excellent performance (I type) and because you are poor (II type). Some people take both.
In my opinion scholarships should be for poor but very skilled (I type is enough).
How is it in US if I can ask? Two types too?

Yes, the government and the state give out scholarship for low income students. And that's why it bugs the conservative Republicans. Those conservative people don't like anything liberal or free to the poor. They think those poor people don't deserve it. Well, some indeed don't. However, there are many who do. That's why Democrats don't like to eliminate that chance because people who need it wouldn't get helped. Republicans, on the other hand, are not like that. The way they think is more of, screw you! It's your own fault that you did drugs in high school and didn't go to college and now end up with a minimum wage.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Current News