EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

future of EU

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

future of EU

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:23 am

LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Admiral » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:08 am

I find it gosh Germans don't want turkeys to be in Germany because they have racist feelings towards turkeys. What Merkel said etc. only mirrors this great racist feeling.
Geografically and similarity spoken, I don't think turkey should go to EU, not because I am racist feeling, only because (if you look on the map) turkey rather belongs to Asia than to Europe.
If Russia is not Europe then Turkey shouldn't be Europe, neither.
Admiral

Postby istattack » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:53 am

you are wrong.Turkey have to be in EU.becaese EU needs Turkey but doesn't need Russia.everybody knows that germany has racist feelings.remember *Ottoman*do u know about that??Ottoman was the most compassionate empire in the world...but now look at these countries..ı hope you will understand me ok.see you again...
istattack
Silver Member

Postby feanor » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:26 pm

techincally, eu is already getting what he needs from turkey. turkey is the only country who signed for customs union in the mid 1990s and opened its customs for eu products without being an eu member. i guess no need to say that this caused our economy collapsed.

it is an obvious fact that eu will not accept turkey's membership (because of being asian, muslim, population...). but also it is a more obvious fact that eu needs turkey by his side. today it seems that negotiations keep going for turkey's membership but indeed this is just a political game for interfering turkey's interior and national policy and making turkey stand by his side. you cant even imagine what compensations they demand us in the name of negotiations for eu.
feanor
Gold Member

Postby Admiral » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:14 pm

but Germans really don't like Turkish people. My friends all say: "Stay out of their way, they are bad people." I don't agree but they really say.
Admiral

Postby feanor » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:54 pm

and here we dont have an issue of how to make germans love us.. all nations have some prejudices against some other nations caused by various reasons.
feanor
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:16 pm

istattack wrote:you are wrong.Turkey have to be in EU.becaese EU needs Turkey but doesn't need Russia.everybody knows that germany has racist feelings.remember *Ottoman*do u know about that??Ottoman was the most compassionate empire in the world...but now look at these countries..ı hope you will understand me ok.see you again...

the most compassionate empire in conquer to expand their land with swords or making peace? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby feanor » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:28 pm

can u give me an example from history about an empire that is unwilling to expand its lands? and if ottoman was not compassionate, now more than half of the world would be muslim and speaking ottoman language.
feanor
Gold Member

Postby istattack » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:22 am

fenor,ı share in your idea.but it is not important to be the lord of the world for Ottoman.they just wanted to spread their religion over the world but,they did not do that with sword like Roma Empire.because they knew that thw sword could not address to people's heart.god bless you byees.
istattack
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:23 pm

feanor wrote:can u give me an example from history about an empire that is unwilling to expand its lands? and if ottoman was not compassionate, now more than half of the world would be muslim and speaking ottoman language.

You are twisting history right now. They LOST the fight and were forced to shrink their territory.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Current News