future of EU

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

history rules:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

It sounds like your country has no national ideas which might unite the nation, doesn't it? Interestingly I can't say here in Russia we have sort of this. But there were lot of them back in the time of the USSR. And I feel that many of them were false. So I feel it's not a bad idea not to care a lot about having or not having things that can unite a nation.
Hi:)
I like writing with you very much. Your letters are full of interesting observations and suggestions.
Well.. it seems to me that you are really right. In fact. Russia has imperial history, Poland doesn't have any like that. No lately at least.
I mean - our greatness (Polish greatness) finishes at the time of Jagiellonian dynasty. Really.
I noticed that many Polish people suggest their connections with Nethrlands - specially with Sweden.
But to me Sweden is a country who alomost destroyed Poland for good in 1655. I mean if not successful defence of Jasna Gora monastery - Poland would have stopped to exist in 1655. Because of Jasna Gora successful defence against Sweden Poland lost independence about one century later. We stopped to exist as one nation and probably we don't exist as a nation till today. I mean - we are the same way divided that people during times of partition of Polish state.
Russia has never had such problems.
Probably that's element that unites you more. Your imerialistic ambitions.

Well... in case of Poland we have a capitol in bad place. I think that good Polish times finished when a capital was moved from Krakow to Warsaw and these times exist till today.
Many reasons of this fact.
People in Warsaw are too influenced by Moscow from one side and US from the other.
People in Krakow don't think this way. They rather live between Vienna and Australia.
I mean - I am not sure who (of two of them) thinks generally worse but these people differ. They simply differ. Polish Pope was shaped by Crakow. It means a lot of. Crakow has a good memory about Polish greatness. Warsaw is a God damn city. And it will always be:(

OKI. Have you ever been in Poland?
What do you think about my observations?

Write them freely here or there, please.
Regards.
LM
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: history rules:)

Post by wllsp »

Hi
LadyMacbeth wrote: Russia has never had such problems.
Probably that's element that unites you more. Your imerialistic ambitions.
Yeah, there are this sort of ideas in Russia. I don't share them but there are people who still believe in the huge power of Russia.

LadyMacbeth wrote: OKI. Have you ever been in Poland?
What do you think about my observations?
I have never been to Poland. Your observations are interesting although controversial a little ;). I'm not so sure about importance of the place of the capital nowadays.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi,

Yeah, there are this sort of ideas in Russia. I don't share them but there are people who still believe in the huge power of Russia.
Well... truly speaking I know very little about Russia and truly speaking I don't need to know anything more.
October Revolution started in Russia, then communism started there. Both awful things to me.

Before you had some very rude and tough tsars. Some of them were great - builders or murderers. I don't remember.

However it would be interesting to me to read a book that would compare Polish and Russian people. I know Russian people don't like Polish at all. They call us damn ass-lickers. I am afraid they are right:(
I have never been to Poland. Your observations are interesting although controversial a little Wink. I'm not so sure about importance of the place of the capital nowadays.
Ups... you seem to spaek like someone who doesn't pay any taxes. I pay ...I swear... :(
So let me to stay at my opinion.

LM