EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

future of EU

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:52 pm

I have to correct some of my language errors here cause I don't like them so much :evil: :evil: :evil:
The ones below are the worst ones:

1. I think mentality is one thing
2. who aren't able to crawl into assembly line in their native country
3.so they don't have any ...needs to take any money.

Thank you for your attention :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: time

Postby Rach » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:24 am

ReHi :)

LadyMacbeth wrote:Another thing is that Eastern Europe has been totally industrially destroyed since the end of communism.

Yeah, there must be big problems since the end of communism. But don't you think the outlook to become part of the EU could give to those countries a strong incentive to get ahead in their economics, possibility of education, social matters etc? I don't know a lot about the eastern countries, but as far as I know the baltic countries really made a great development in all of those issues in a very short period of time, and they had communism, too. Or Turkey, they want to become part of the EU very badly and it's incredible like they increased their economics in only a few years. They are really interested in getting their things done. And the EU of course can benefit from those increases, too. I think it's a great thing the EU gives a chance to those countries like they did recently with Romania and Bulgaria.

Switzerland is a country of banks thus they want to be far from all political influences. Many people around the world leave money in their banks - they could be scared of being persecuted in case of any political drifts.

Oh yes, perhaps they should be scared ;). You know in Switzerland it's exactly the same way like in all other countries, a handful of guys make the decisions and own the big money ;).

Thus we conclude that being apolitical is also an element of politics :wink:
But noone never knows where some discussions can lead us to... :wink:

*lol* yes, we're getting pretty political for being non-political;-). But I'm really not interested in politics, no, I'm not!*lol*
Rach
Silver Member

Postby Misi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:41 am

In my opinion Turkey with fresh muslim blood would be very useful for old europe as a cheap labour force. As well as a lot of turkish soldiers can be useful as helpers in such hot points as Iraq.
Misi

Postby Admiral » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:22 am

yeah, and turkish girls look very good
Admiral

hehe

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:11 pm

Hello:)

Yeah, there must be big problems since the end of communism. But don't you think the outlook to become part of the EU could give to those countries a strong incentive to get ahead in their economics, possibility of education, social matters etc? I don't know a lot about the eastern countries, but as far as I know the baltic countries really made a great development in all of those issues in a very short period of time, and they had communism, too. Or Turkey, they want to become part of the EU very badly and it's incredible like they increased their economics in only a few years. They are really interested in getting their things done. And the EU of course can benefit from those increases, too. I think it's a great thing the EU gives a chance to those countries like they did recently with Romania and Bulgaria.

Erh.... I think ( I THINK!!!) that these equal chances is just another slogan. Of course cheap labour force is the most important factor of futher widening of EU. And something more. This wonderful, cute psychological aspect for all eastern people who live in the east and for all eastern people who live in the West that somehow it happened that we are one, big family again. Specially Europe is great in creating unique, familiar atmoshere whatever they bubble and wherever they bubble their bubbles :(

So I think it is more about psychological trick than about anything else :( Some money of course but mostly for farmers and the poorest ones (in the other case you could never ever guess who is recognised here as the poorest one :( ).

Well... noone ever promised Poland would be another Switzerland one day. Though in facts more and more banks have being raised recently. Specially strange, virtual banks - I suppose in case of many of them money you want to take out of must be printed by your personal printed out of computer screen or I don't know where they are kept??? You know ...this kind of mess... and recently I discovered something REALLY interesting. Let me know if you want to read it. Making a long story short it is a thing about how it pays more in Poland to go and pay in bank than in post office. I think it must be another Polish world wide phenomena, mustn't it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

So concluding - EU needs healthier food thus they care about farmers and some the poorest of the poor (lets say) cause they want to go into heaven after their death.
It seems to me they also care about other branches here and there but mostly to earn some money than spend them here. And somehow they succeed what is also really interesting but seems to be toally unseen by majority of people here (their bad luck I am afraid) :(

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Final conclusion of this thread - go and watch the Monty Python sketch bragging that I put intojokes section some days ago. It is about how people who rule in Eastern Europe behave when talking about politics. For them it is only the easiest way to stuff their own pockets with or without any revolution. Unlike in Switzerland and other western countries. If we don't change this thinking we will never change anything here cause people who rule impose many things on society here and they have only one aim in it - their own money.

See you soon,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

one little correction of my post above

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:15 pm

money you want to take out of must be printed by your personal printer out of computer screen
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

two other valid corrections

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:19 pm

1. more and more banks have been raised recently.

2. it pays less in Poland to go and pay in bank than in post office.

:)
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:21 pm

sorry it pays MORE I wanted to write having in mind that you pay LESS then.

Ufffffff..... :)
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: hehe

Postby Rach » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:06 am

Dear LadyMacbeth, what are you expecting of the EU and the western countries to do? You're accusing but as far as I can recognize you don't bring up any solutions, either? Perhaps there are no quick solutions? Of course it is all about money, in the economy and the politics everything is about money. Of course the countries of the EU are all looking for their own sake, but "sake" in this discussion means a well working economy. Look, when the eastern countries develop and improve their economy and the people begin to have more money, this is also in the interest of the EU, because they can export and sell their own products in those countries too, as an example. It is simply not true to say the EU is just looking for cheap labour force, this would not help them at all!

Specially Europe is great in creating unique, familiar atmoshere whatever they bubble and wherever they bubble their bubbles :(

:shock:
Especially Europe is great in creating unique familiar atmosphere? What are you talking about?

Well... noone ever promised Poland would be another Switzerland one day. Though in facts more and more banks have being raised recently. Unlike in Switzerland and other western countries.

Don't make yourself illusions about western countries like Switzerland, the money is not growing on trees in my country. And very few of the Swiss are working in a bank. If you believe it or not, there are very poor Swiss too, a lot of poor farmers who don't know how to support their families anymore. Those stereotypes are really amazing to me.

If we don't change this thinking we will never change anything here cause people who rule impose many things on society here and they have only one aim in it - their own money.

If we want to blame someone, then we should blame those with the real big money, and that's mostly not the politicians. Some 400 Billionairs own more than the half income of every human being in this world, this is so injust, it really makes me sick. It's the injust dispensation of money that causes poverty, a few guys in the manager positions that gain so much money and let the people work for them for almost nothing. And this pattern you can find in EVERY country in this world, east and west.
Rach
Silver Member

Postby jeffcox » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 pm

EU politicians are not in it for the fame or personal gain. There's very little of either in it. Almost nobody knows the name of their European representative!

There are divisions between many different people, on many different levels. A 'democratic' country maintains peace and justice by fair systems, equal say and dialogue. The EU works for countries to dialogue and work out their differences before it comes to war. How many wars have there been within the European members since the EU started?

I don't need to practice my English; my ideas I exress for free. You may consider them ridiculous or not, but they are given with the best of intentions. What are they worth? If I can convince one person to abandon violence in benefit of dialogue, if I can convince one person to be positive... well you decide what that's worth!
jeffcox
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Current News