EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Saddam has been hanged!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:57 pm

:twisted: :wink: Hell yeah! Death penalty was just too easy for him. My aunt said they should have made him walk around, and whoever had family members killed/tortured by him could pinch him once. Just once from each and it'd have been painful enough to kill him. :lol: :lol: Also, it showed how many people he had done wrong to them. :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:04 pm

Okay crocodile is good. I don't love crocodiles much.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm

LennyeTran wrote::twisted: :wink: Hell yeah! Death penalty was just too easy for him. My aunt said they should have made him walk around, and whoever had family members killed/tortured by him could pinch him once. Just once from each and it'd have been painful enough to kill him. :lol: :lol: Also, it showed how many people he had done wrong to them. :roll:

I like that!!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby sweets » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:28 pm

I think that SAADM shouldn't hang beaceuse it will makes situations worse look around u and see and hear the bombs evryday may ALLAH help them.

but my question is:who is the beneficia from his death ?????????
politics

or

people who killed their families or relatives
his death will not reback them to life

noone is perfect or angel also SAADAM he was't comlete or angel everynoe makes mistakes but at least IRAQ was one country under his leadership.

this is my veiw point

cheers
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Anahita » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:10 am

sweets wrote:I think that SAADM shouldn't hang beaceuse it will makes situations worse look around u and see and hear the bombs evryday may ALLAH help them.

politics

or

noone is perfect or angel also SAADAM he was't comlete or angel everynoe makes mistakes but at least IRAQ was one country under his leadership.

this is my veiw point

cheers

And exactly where did he lead this country with his leadership? I think we all know...

Yes, its true that his death won't bring back the life's he has taken away but try saying this to the victims who lost their dear ones because of this savage dictator. I don’t know exactly about Iraqi people and how many he killed from his own people but I have seen how he was killing my own people. if you had seen how your friend's arm and legs were throwing into the air after hitting a bomb a few meters away from you and their warm blood were splashing on your face, how would you think about the man who had ordered this? could you just close your eyes and think this man's deed's dont concern you and it just has HAPPENED this way?

Regardless that how you look at it, his evil deeds were more than what you call just a MISTAKE. Killing all these innocent people, kids and women, torturing his own people all these years ... He was a horrifying criminal and didn’t deserve any mercy. Although I know his death is not going to change any thing that much and what's done is done but at least some people can stop crying for their dear ones after hearing this news and feel a little calm.. at last.

Anyway, this is my last post regarding politic matters in this topic, sorry for bringing these sad memories up in this beautiful night. I wish you all happiness and thanks for bearing with me folks.
Anahita
Platinum Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:49 am

I agree. His death serves to warn other despot presidents who may think that they can kill their own people with out fear of punishment! Saddam thought that he could do what ever he wanted. He found out that was wrong.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:03 am

sweets wrote:I think that SAADM shouldn't hang beaceuse it will makes situations worse look around u and see and hear the bombs evryday may ALLAH help them.

politics

or

this is my veiw point

cheers

So because it won't bring people back that he killed he should just go back to his office and have lunch, is that what you are saying? I'm confused.

Also what difference does it make when where or how. It has happened. It could have been Christmas day no other person that has been dealt the death penalty has had the choice. I can imagine it now all the prisoners in America on death row complaining because it is their nieces birthday, or their mothers birthday or their birthday for that matter.

The whole argument is irrelevant. :roll:

The point here so that this thread doesn't become political or religious the fact is he was hanged. Good bad or indifferent there it is.

Be very careful people you know the rules. :wink:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:35 am

Anahita wrote:He was a horrifying criminal and didn’t deserve any mercy. Although I know his death is not going to change any thing that much and what's done is done but at least some people can stop crying for their dear ones after hearing this news and feel a little calm.. at last.

Exactly! Now they can sleep peacefully at night knowing he would not have a slight chance to return to torture them ever again. I consider this as a good new of 2006. I do not feel pitiful hearing his death at all. If yes, then it'd be unfair to those he'd killed. :roll: :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:44 am

This is unbelievable, I just found a video of his death!!!!!!!!!! If anybody is interested... just ask... although I wouldn't recommend it (I haven't seen it though and I don't think I will).

By the way, while people were celebrating Saddam's death, 70 more people died yesterday in Iraq.
Dixie

Postby Vega » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:35 am

I think it hasn't been necessary in current situation in Iraq, that will just increase violence. Execution is the discrimination of human rights. Everyone has right to live. Maybe, spending rest of life in a prison would be right punishment, but under the pressure of U.S. government they hanged him.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Current News