EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

resumption of whale hunting

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Cypress » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 am

wllsp wrote:
On the other hand. Norway produces lots of oil and other things and it seems to be the richest country in the world or at least one of them. It may have needed to kill whales for food back in history but right now I doubt that it is still necessary. Even though its mountains cover the same territory.

I agree. Their GDP per capita is second in the world; so they obviously can afford importing food. There are activist movements going on in the country, but still I don’t think they are going to give up whale hunting any soon :(
Cypress
Gold Member

Postby Tora » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:21 am

a nice article I've read today about whales...
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Re: resumption of whale hunting

Postby Danyet » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Your wife needs to be spanked, and then you should teach her to reload all your cartridges and force her to sit in front of the TV in the evenings, making bullets for your deer hunting rifle.
But seriously, have you taken your wife on a hunt? By the time you and her find the deer she will be glad for you to shoot it.

It took some time, but I finally was able to teach my wife how to shoot. Now she likes to shoot 38 calibur single-action Ruger Black Hawk revolver.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Re: resumption of whale hunting

Postby Player » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Danyet, you need to be spanked.
danyet wrote:By the time you and her find the deer...

By the time you and she find the deer...

(as in: By the time she finds the deer...)
Player

Previous

Return to Current News