30 killed on Virginia Tech campus

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Exactly!

The education system is run by Brown Shirts and "prissy people". I volunteer at a school helping ESL kids and I am often in a situation where I must "bite my tounge". You can't say anything that does not agree with the Liberal left agenda there. That professor should go on The O'Reily Factor.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Well, I only watched the first 30 seconds of his first clip, so I don't know what to comment until I finish all four. It'd be hard, though, since his voice is soooooooooo boring. That's why I kinda play favor here, I think he deserved it, not for the imitating of the shooting part. Instead he should be fired because of his monotonous voice. I wouldn't last a day in his class.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Yeah, the guy is a bit of a sap! But he got better towards the end.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Which minute?
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Then they're afraid people would take revenge on them because they're Koreans who did not kill those students. Now, who is the racist one, tell me please?
That´s the point!!! You see, I´m glad to hear that an american citizen like you think in that way, but, sadly, there are a few of your fellow countryman and countrywoman which don´t share your point of view. If you want an explanation to understand korean community behavior, you should review recent american history. How we could forget americans behavior after 9/11 (a few of them of course), when anyone looks like an arab were considered as a terrorist, including those who have been living in american soil for generations.

I believe that kind of behavior it´s pretty normal into societies whose citizen have suffered traumatic episodes like this one. When people don´t have a logical anwser to justify this kind of senseless event, they always look for a scapegoat, and I think that korean community is trying to avoid it before it could be too late.To make my point clear, you should remember what happened in Columbine, where Marylin Mason were pointed out as the responsable for that massacre, only because those guys listened his music.

If you want to understand it, you should wear their shoes, I mean think as an immigrant.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Yes, I know where you're coming from, but what I was trying to say is that, if you wanted someone not to act prejudiced towards you, you have to stand tall and give them all reasons they can't. Otherwise, they will forever look for a scapegoat when something happens.

People who can think logically won't look for someone else within the same community to blame; they blame that person instead. The other ignorants are no point to discuss since you can't change their view despite of what. However, they know they can't do anything to you legally because you're protected by the laws just as much as they are.

Koreans who apologized for this act they didn't do have given away their right, to me. They can show their sympathy, but they didn't have to apologize. There was no need. If they were being discriminated, I think they should stand up straight and say, "I'm sorry for what you've gone through. As a family member and as a parent or will be one, I understand your pain. Nonetheless, I didn't do it! I don't have to feel guilty for what I didn't do. Blame the society like the rest of regular people."
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

jrkp wrote:How we could forget americans behavior after 9/11 (a few of them of course), when anyone looks like an arab were considered as a terrorist, including those who have been living in american soil for generations.
The difference is that they didn't apologize; they demanded for protection because they knew they were protected by the laws. International and born-here Middle East students in my school were protected by the security for a whole month after 9.11 happened. Two girls in my anthropology class told me they came to the Dean office and demanded protection, and the Dean felt it was right to protect them from imbecile students. That's what Koreans should do.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

It is so strange I was in class on Friday and this story is still a big thing even here. There is so much debate about why it happened etc. I must admit I reached a point that I just couldn't add anything to it. Obviously this young man had serious, serious issues that obviously weren't dealt with correctly. But there is more to it. The gun laws are one thing! People that have been recorded to have had counselling for emotional or mental issues should fall into the category of "DONT GIVE THEM A GUN". It is a really hard debate.

Ultimately at the end of the day it won't bring back the innocent people that were killed that day. Ok maybe they were money hungry and nasty etc (show me a teenager that can't be this way) it didn't mean that they deserved to die or that their families deserved the pain of losing their children, friends, grandchild etc. It is just too hard to think about.
:cry: :cry:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Well it is no longer a big thing here. We've already gotten over it!

Anyway it had little to do with gun laws. Mostly it was just poor security. I mean this moron was able to drag chains along with him and chain up all the entrances to the building without security stopping him. The University prevents people from from legally possessing firearms on the school therefore THE SCHOOL has assumed the responsibility of keeping the place safe. Well, they failed BIG time in this. I hope they receive so many lawsuits that they go out of business over this affair. There are 26,000 people on the VA Tech campus and there is going to be trouble with that many people. People need to be able to protect themselves in their dorm rooms. Security sure as hell can't.
Cops are only good at drawing white lines around dead bodies!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I know, Shazzam. I was fine watching this news a week ago. I was sad, and I only cried after hearing that Jewish professor's story. Now, the emotion has sunken in, so every time I read, hear, or watch it on the news I start crying nonstop. I could feel the pain as someone just ripped my heart out and cut it into pieces whenever I imagine one of my family members might haven't been the lucky one if they were there. I can't imagine the pain the victims' families are going through. That's why I understand why they demanded the news to stop showing the video of Cho. It's a nightmare. The whole situation just sucked ass! :x
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

This was breaking news in Australia this morning!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=263709

Not again. It isn't just in schools. :twisted:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

.... and many more will come. :roll: