A raped woman was sentenced to jail!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Mofo

Post by Mofo »

Ah! I see. It is a retan cane like in Singapore. I have been beat with these sticks......they do not hurt so bad.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Whippings are not done in sadistic ways.

Post by Tora »

=Ahmad= wrote:
Tora wrote:
Mofo wrote:I wonder what kind a whip they use. Do you know that people can die from less wipping?
Never have been interested... Any corporal punishment is outrageous, we are not in medieval times any more

Whippings are not done in sadistic ways.

Before the punishment is done, the wrong doer is treated very well...

After the punishment is conducted, then the person is taken to the hospital and treated well by a medical team...

The punishment is done as well as possible. It’s only the executor’s right hand swinging, NOT his left hand or other body parts. So, one lash after another over the wrong doer is not as strong as a ball from the pitcher in a basketball game which gets additional power from the swinging of left hand, legs and other body parts.

In other words, the power of the executioners is not full...

And the most important thing is that before the punishment conducted, the health condition of the wrong doer is examined first to make sure whether or not s/he is ready for the punishment.
Thank you for such a full description of punishment details, but it still seems for an European person as not proper measure towards humans. And this time persuading that it is very human and the "wrong doer" gets a qualified medical treatment before and after the execution is done... oh please, as I believe old good prison bars are much more efficient this way.
You guys are enought hurried to sentence an elderly woman to whipping if she let her pupils name a teddy bear by the name of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in case to follow forum rules...

I'm that stubborn to see a good point in whipping :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Tora wrote: You guys are enought hurried to sentence an elderly woman to whipping if she let her pupils name a teddy bear by the name of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in case to follow forum rules...

:lol: I know it's not the moment but gosh, this is hilarious.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:
Tora wrote: You guys are enought hurried to sentence an elderly woman to whipping if she let her pupils name a teddy bear by the name of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in case to follow forum rules...

I read this morning about the "Teddy bear" and I was absolutely shocked about that :? How come those things can happen???
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Oriani wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:

I read this morning about the "Teddy bear" and I was absolutely shocked about that :? How come those things can happen???
How about the boy who named the teddy...what happen to him? Was he castigated? (Oh my, I think we're all children here, huh! Now I'm thinking, (I'm so sorry to ask this.), who's the real judge?)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I'm very sorry to say this BUT,

Some people here just don't know what they are doing. Or they are overpowered by evil...
This is not a place to convert someone's belief...So don't be offended if you don't get favorable results...Your belief is yours don't imposed it on others...if you want to, this is not the right place! If you have even a little respect on your own RELIGION why did you haul it here on the first place? (I think you know this is not the right place...) If you still have that respect on your own religion, you've got to stop before you would be completely misunderstood.

I have followed this thread and have read how YOU PEOPLE INSULTED OTHERS, how you tried to draw other people to share their own religious belief but you're alone here talking about your religion didn't you notice that?

If you just followed the EC rules it won't lead to this...

Thank you.
=Ahmad=

A British female teacher in Sudan

Post by =Ahmad= »

krisi wrote:
Oriani wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: :lol: I know it's not the moment but gosh, this is hilarious.
How about the boy who named the teddy...what happen to him? Was he castigated? (Oh my, I think we're all children here, huh! Now I'm thinking, (I'm so sorry to ask this.), who's the real judge?)
A British female teacher in Sudan

First of all, I’d like to express my appreciation to the teacher who was willing to teach in Sudan. I am sure it would be nicer to teach in the UK than in Sudan. If she teaches in the UK, she gets better incomes, facilities and environments. It’s very touching to know her willingness to teach in Sudan.

Secondly, some Muslim scholars agree with the Sudanese government’s decision to have punished the teacher while some others disagree.

Thirdly, personally I agree with the scholars who disagree with the Sudanese government’s decision.

Fourthly, but I can understand the decision.

WHY?

First, Islam forbids people to humiliate Prophet Muhammad. Whoever does it, Muslims or non-Muslims, must be punished. That’s the basic principle.

Second, she shouldn’t have been punished. She didn’t know about the principle. A person can not be punished for what s/he does not know. In the UK, one of the UK Muslim figures says that there might be no problem for kids to name their teddy bears Muhammad because bears are not considered bad/ disgusting animals. In fact, Bears are considered cool and cute animals.

Third, but Sudanese people consider bears are not cool animals. They are fierce and cruel animals. Naming teddy bears Muhammad is a BIG humiliation as Prophet Muhammad was not a fierce and cruel figure.

Fourth, so the problem, of course, has something to do with the culture. In culture point of view, Sudanese people consider bears NOT cool animals.

Fifth, the perceptions about animals are different from one area/ society to another. Dogs for example, some consider them cool animals. Dogs can be humans’ best friends. However, they are disgusting animals for some others.

Another example is pigs. These animals are cool for some people. There are lots of doll of pigs in the market. The designs are very good. The colors, pink for example (which symbolizes love), are beautiful. Some kids use these dolls to accompany them in sleeping. But for some others, pigs are considered disgusting animals (probably due to their mouths and noses or the way they eat or other things).

Another example is monkeys. For some, it’s okay to say monkey, but not for some others. When you call somebody a monkey, it means you are challenging him/her for a fight. Calling somebody a monkey is a big humiliation for some people/ society. Somebody can fight until death to defense his/her dignity. Calling somebody a monkey is touching his/her dignity.

In some parts of India, don’t ever hurt cows. Don’t eat the meat. You could be dead. You could be killed. Cows are sacred animals for some of them. I personally like the meat though. It’s delicious. Really.

So, the point is: different fond, different fish; different area/ society, different culture.

Sixth, I read an article at EnglishClub.com/ TEFL.net saying that teachers should learn the culture of the area where s/he is going to teach.

“… Whether you are teaching in your own country or abroad, it is your job as an ESL teacher to familiarize yourself with cultural taboos. This includes topics that may be considered inappropriate…”
http://www.tefl.net/teacher-tips/teacher-taboos.htm

In my opinion, by understanding the local culture, it would be easier for teachers to explain the lessons, and they themselves would be more accepted by the local people.

Seventh, I don’t blame the British teacher who did not understand the culture about animals in Sudan. She was willing to teach in Sudan is really touching to me. But I really agree with EnglishClub.com/ IELF.net saying that teachers should learn the local culture where they are going to teach.

Eighth, this suggestion also applies not only for teachers but also for other professions. We should learn the culture of the place where we are going to work. A company prefers hiring candidates who know its company’s culture.

Ninth, I really respect the Sudanese government’s decision to have punished the teacher and finally reduced the imprisonment period of time.

Tenth, I really appreciate the British teacher who has given a good explanation to the media, especially to The BBC, that during the punishment she had been treated very well.

So, here is the logic: bears are not considered cool animals in Sudan. They are even considered fierce and cruel. And Prophet Muhammad was not fierce and cruel. And naming teddy bears Muhammad means humiliating Prophet Muhammad. And whoever humiliates Muhammad must be punished.

And finally, I personally agree with some Muslim scholars who disagree with the Sudanese government’s decision, but I can also understand the decision.

Thank you very much.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Very well said Ahmad. (You're sensible! more realistic!) Thanks.

This topic is now well and truly off-topic (read the subject line) and has been locked. Admin