EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

A raped woman was sentenced to jail!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:17 am

Exactly, Anahita. One of the girls in my high school got raped, and after that she was timid all the time. She was afraid to make eye contact with people. She was scared when anyone touched her on the shoulder or arm. She was in her own little world and didn't make an effort to get out of it. This is a girl who is from a society that doesn't judge or punish her for being raped and she was acting like that. What about this woman? She is considered as bringing shame to the family. There's a tiny chance she could get married. And so on. Yet Ahmad asked me to respect this law????? If I respected it, I might as well throw away all the moral ethic codes I believe in. :roll:

That culture is built on men's superiority. Those men, or those imbecile judges, don't understand a woman's emotion of being raped unless they were raped themselves. :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby yali » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:21 am

[quote="Xkalibur"]The holy Rule of EC says: [b][i]No discussion of politics or religion.[/i][/b] ..otherwise I would reply to this topic. :?[/quote]

Len I like this kind of news in a simple way. But sorry Len, Xkalibur is right. I would have opened my mouth long ago, too, because I've also got plenty of it to talk about, especially when it comes to Islam. No further offense :!: :wink:
yali
Silver Member

Postby Mofo » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:40 pm

I think that anyone who wants Sharia Law should be arrested and jailed for treason to the Human Race. Sharia Law is nothing but Satan's law. Sharia = SCUM!!

Please correct my badly English.
Mofo

Postby MissLT » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:33 pm

yali wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:The holy Rule of EC says: No discussion of politics or religion. ..otherwise I would reply to this topic. :?

Len I like this kind of news in a simple way. But sorry Len, Xkalibur is right. I would have opened my mouth long ago, too, because I've also got plenty of it to talk about, especially when it comes to Islam. No further offense :!: :wink:

No Islam talk! Just the law itself. Please don't link it to religion or politics. I'm not interested in hearing the obviousness, anyway. Any topic about Islam will either end up of being locked or unresolved because of the same problem keeps going on, insulting and protecting. :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby jrkp » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:42 pm

There's no words to justify this... It's absolutely outrageous.. :shock: :shock:

Xkalibur wrote:The holy Rule of EC says: No discussion of politics or religion. ..otherwise I would reply to this topic. :?

My friend, As I understand it, this thread isn't about politics or religion, It's about how human rights are stamped on, basing on some law which seems to be enacted in the XII century... It has to be condemned, period.

But this case underneath a bigger problem, which is, as Anahita has written, the woman's situation around the world. It's hard to say, but, Sadly, there are many, many cases like this that happen every day around the world, even in the most developed countries.

LennyTran wrote:..... This is a girl who is from a society that doesn't judge or punish her for being raped and she was acting like that. What about this woman? She is considered as bringing shame to the family. There's a tiny chance she could get married.......

Len, Despite all this madness, it's good to recover the broom's reaction, because all in all, he's been there for her and that shows that in this kind of situations, there's always someone who make us believe in mankind.... You can read his words in this link:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast ... index.html
jrkp
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:00 pm

Thanks a lot for the link, jrkp. I did not know she was married. I don't agree with some of the things the husband said in the article. Nevertheless, it's one of the good news I've heard today. At least, it still gives me faith that within that society, there are people who stand up for rights of a woman such as her husband and lawyer. And I hope their king will see that she's a crushed (I like the word, very drastic and vivid) human being who did no wrong in this case, won't he??? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Mofo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:44 pm

mentarget wrote:I think we should take our minds out of this discussion. It might cause us a problem. Lets concentrate on learning good things.

Yes, let us not think about the truth. Let's just pretend Sharia Law is "Good"! It is not our problem, correctly?
Mofo

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:11 pm

mentarget wrote:I think we should take our minds out of this discussion. It might cause us a problem. Lets concentrate on learning good things.

"In Order For Evil To Triumph, Good People Do Nothing" By Siahyonkron Nyanseor
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Moody » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:53 am

I always wondered why every passing day West is going shamelessly promiscuous, vulgar, obscene, abhorrent to morality or virtue and repulsive by reason of crass disregard of moral or ethical principles. OTHER THEN RUTHLESSLY VIOLENT AND BARBARIC TO OTHER RELIGIONS AND RACES!!

-Why kids are molested in there dark churches and convents by there priests. TURNED INTO MILLIONS OF GAYS OR ETHEIST, I GUESS BETTER CHOICE FOR THEM!
- Why children are molested by there parents (mostly adopted not blood related) in your society?
- Why every second women is raped in your society? Alone in USA more than 2730 women raped every single day.
-Why teenage girl’s pregnancy is out of control in your society?
-Why kids are not properly raised by there parents and why old parents are not been taken care by there kids in your society?
-Why your society is so violent and crime rate is so high in its civic fabric?

First I was shocked, immediately after reading bible realizing that, my eyes get wet, and I prayed and thanked God and asked for his mercy and forgiveness, that he saved me from the curse of twisted lies…….AS ALL THE ACTUAL VIRTUOUS VERSIONS, ALL THAT WE MUSLIMS KNOW ARE MOSTLY NOT AWARE OF THE WAY…VULGORLY THOSE HISTORY STORIES ARE TWISTED IN THE BIBLE.

I read your bible and came to realize what kind of twisted volgur atributes you have attached to your prophets and your God. YOU HAVEN’T LEFT ANYONE, FATHER TO DAUGHER, SON TO MOTHER, GOD TO SARAH, THERE BASTERED OFF SPRINGS.

HAVE YOU LEFT ANYBODY THERE?????

AND THAT IS THE CURSE IN REALITY WHICH IS REFLECTING UPON YOUR WHOLE SOCIETY, BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!!!

VERY FEW EXAMPLES OUT OF THE BIBLE……..

PROPHET LOT AND HIS DAUGHTERS (YOUR BIBLE TELLS SLEEPING TOGATHER AND HAVING CHILDREN)

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Lets get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father."
33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father

PROPHETS SON SLEEPING WITH HER MOTHER YOUR BIBLE TELLS-GENESIS 35

21 Israel moved on again and pitched his tent beyond Migdal Eder. 22 While Israel was living in that region, Reuben went in and slept with his father's concubine Bilhah, and Israel heard of it.
Jacob had twelve sons:

PROPHET ABRAHAM MARRIED HER REAL SISTER ACCORDING TO YOUR BIBLE

11 Abraham replied, "I said to myself, 'There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife.' 12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

THE BIRTH OF ISAAC (LORD DID FOR SARAH, WHAT HAD PROMISED) ACCORDING TO YOUR BIBLE IT WAS NOT ABRAHAM
Genesis 21 (New International Version)

1 Now the LORD was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised. 2 Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.

Now I clearly understand that why our Quran tells that Bible or any other divine book is not in its original form and are all tainted by the evil doers. And that why we do not believe or follow them, though we do believe in all divine books including bible revealed in their original form but do not exist. AND WE ALSO BELIEVE IN ALL THE PROPHETS INCLUDING JESUS CHRIST AND OUR QURAN REJECTS ALL KIND OF VOLGARITIES ATTRIBUTED TO THEM OR TO GOD. AND EXPLAINS AND TELL STORIES ABOUT HOW VIRTUOUS THEY WERE IN REALITY!!!!!
Moody
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:16 am

I'm not gonna pretend that I did read all what you wrote. Anyway, the bottom line is either you stick with the topic: NO POLITICS OR RELIGION should be mentioned beside the inhuman way they've been treating this woman or save your two cents to those who are like-minded.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Current News