EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

A raped woman was sentenced to jail!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Hardi » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:07 am

Sounds like a law for a very dangerous country, where all men are suspicious and policemen clumsy. So instead police forces everyone by that law. to protect own family members by his self.

Well I believe in past, when these laws were invented it really was so, but.. :roll:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:26 am

=Ahmad= wrote:Islam forbids a woman to get together with a man ( men ) without being accompanied by her relatives. It’s all done to protect them from adultery, molestation, rape, and the like.

In the case above, the woman was sentenced because she had broken this law. AGAIN, She was sentenced NOT because she had been gang raped.

Why did they double her punishment, may I ask?

=Ahmad= wrote:I’d like to give you an analogy.

Suppose there is a man/woman stealing some jewelry from a jewelry shop. Then the police come to the location. The police ask him/her to stop it. But s/he in fact points a gun at the police and shoots them. Then the criminal runs away. On his/her run, suddenly a car hits him/her because s/he doesn’t pay attention to the traffic. S/he gets injured and then taken to the hospital. And s/he is finally put in jail due to his/her crime.

Getting hit by a car and injured is the consequence of his/her acts. It’s not the punishment. The punishment is the imprisonment. S/he is imprisoned because s/he has broken the law.

I beg your pardon? :?

=Ahmad= wrote:Similiarly, getting raped was the consequence of her act to get together with men without being accompanied by her relatives. It was not the punishment. And the punishment was that she was put in jail because she had broken the law.

Thank you very much.

So in a way you're saying that she deserved it, for she was too stupid to be in a car with men who were not her relatives????? She should have known better that she was too weak and had no brain to protect herself or be herself; that's why she, like any other women, should have needed companions when she was out on the street???? Seven men raped her!!! Seven men, we're talking about here, do you understand that number? I don't care if she broke the law (imbecile law, by the way.), it's her body someone else violated it without her wish. No matter what the situation is it is still inexcusable. :x :x :x

And last but not least, how the &%$& can you call it a law and sensible concept when you wanna whip a woman because she's with stranger men? Please enlighten me because I cannot, in my brightest moment, understand this idealogy. It's too retarded for me.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Mofo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 pm

Islam forbids a woman to get together with a man ( men ) without being accompanied by her relatives. It’s all done to protect them from adultery, molestation, rape, and the like.

You should be ashamed of yourself [mod's edit]
Mofo

Let's live in harmony.

Postby =Ahmad= » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:57 am

First, the gang rape case was already settled. The brutal rapist had been punished. The panel of judge had doubled their sentences. Personally, I am not satisfied with the sentences. They should have got the heavier ones. But, that’s the verdict. If I were the girl (or her family members), I would file an appeal.

Secondly, sadly the media has blown up this case as if the girl were sentenced because she has been gang raped. It’s absolutely NOT. She was sentenced because she had broken the law for getting together with men without being accompanied by her relatives.

Thirdly, it looks odd when women/girls are prohibited to go out alone. Seems that it kills their freedom. But the practice is not that rigid. Girls/women can go anywhere as long as it’s good and safe for them. And to protect them from danger, they must be accompanied by their relatives. If they want to go to their friends’ houses or malls, it’s just fine. They can go there by walking through public places where there are a lot of people there. If they want to go by a taxi for example, they must be accompanied by their relatives. It’s all for their own good. It has nothing to do with limiting their freedom.

Fourthly, her sentence was doubled because she opposed the law and discredited it and provoked the media to fight against this law that’s actually good for her. It was not because she had been gang raped. And some media managed to discredit Islam and its system.
=Ahmad=
Silver Member

Postby sunshine81 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:09 am

It’s all for their own good. It has nothing to do with limiting their freedom.

It is limiting their freedom! That's for sure!

And I also think that this kind of "rule" is pretending that every men in your country is a criminal and dangerous for a woman, doesn't it??
sunshine81
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:38 pm

sunshine81 wrote:

And I also think that this kind of "rule" is pretending that every men in your country is a criminal and dangerous for a woman, doesn't it??

I really liked this part of the conversation.. And Lenney, don't worry. Thank God we don't live under those rules, Imagine.. we would have been bad treated all the time If we do something "wrong".....

It is sad the fact that women, my genre, is such an object like that.. God...that is not good at all.. at all.. but well... things are like that. Poor woman. What can we do???
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Re: Let's live in harmony.

Postby MissLT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:12 pm

=Ahmad= wrote:Secondly, sadly the media has blown up this case as if the girl were sentenced because she has been gang raped. It’s absolutely NOT. She was sentenced because she had broken the law for getting together with men without being accompanied by her relatives.

I think you're missing the point here. People are outraged because the judges were unfair and the punishment was idiotic. From what people see they punished a girl who just got raped because she was out with a stranger man. Then they doubled her punishment because they said she was trying to manipulate the case, which people called in other countries as freedom of speech. She, a girl who got raped, was trying to get her back her justice and that's what she's got?? This is what people see. You don't punish a girl who got raped by seven men if she didn't ask for her body and soul to be violated. Henceforth, the reason she got the punishment because she was out with a man is absolutely ridiculous.

=Ahmad= wrote: It’s all for their own good. It has nothing to do with limiting their freedom.

So in a way the system does them a favor, right, by protecting them from sinful men? Okay, then tell me why do you punish women who didn't want to be protected by going out on the street with men who are not their relatives? You don't do someone a favor and then punish people for not wanting your favor.

=Ahmad= wrote:Fourthly, her sentence was doubled because she opposed the law and discredited it and provoked the media to fight against this law that’s actually good for her. It was not because she had been gang raped. And some media managed to discredit Islam and its system.

:shock: I frigging beg your pardon? A law that is actually good for her? Do you even hear yourself? You don't punish a girl who get gang raped. You don't double the punishment if the girl thinks her justice is not served. And last, you don't think that preposterous law is good.

Gosh, I feel like talking to a person from the stone age. :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:19 pm

Oriani wrote:
sunshine81 wrote:

I really liked this part of the conversation.. And Lenney, don't worry. Thank God we don't live under those rules, Imagine.. we would have been bad treated all the time If we do something "wrong".....

It is sad the fact that women, my genre, is such an object like that.. God...that is not good at all.. at all.. but well... things are like that. Poor woman. What can we do???

Don't we all?? Women who want freedom and more rights from those countries are actually threaten to be killed. Can you imagine?

Their system is the same way elementary school ground operates. The cools, the uncools, the bullies, the weaklings, etc. It's all about rules and strength. If you're weak, you have to sit in the back and shut up. if you cooperate with the bullies, you won't get beaten up and might be protected. I feel so sick!!! :x
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Oriani » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:46 pm

But why women and not men???? :evil:
Oriani

Postby Tora » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:59 am

Oriani wrote:But why women and not men???? :evil:

I feel completely satisfied with my current appearence though...

actually I didn't want to barge into this argument as I am still convinced there is no reason saying all the same for a hundred times... This is a very wide-spread idea that it's a raped woman's fault that such a calamity has happend to her - her dress, behavior and so on, seems like the way a moman behaves waives several rules of men's behavior :roll:
In my country if a woman is walking from a concert alone at the 11 pm in a night dress it is obvious she's looking for troubles... and if something happens it would be considered as "Her fault". So stupid actually
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Current News