The assassination of Benazir Bhutto

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

The assassination of Benazir Bhutto

Post by zaman »

Who is the beneficiary of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto death of former Prime Minister of Pakistan
southrnpride

Re: The assassination of Benazir Bhutto

Post by southrnpride »

I was devastated to hear that she'd been killed. The only person who benefits from her death is the current Pakistani leader.

She was such a brave woman; she never hid even though she knew she might be killed.
I just pray that the elections will go as planned because if Musharraf postpones the elections there might be civil war.
I think all women should learn from her example. She stood up for what was right, even in the face of death, and she was not afraid and did not let those who opposed her take away her spirit and her love for her people.

You can't help but sigh when you think back to when you were a child and things were simpler, not as close. Women weren't being shot and people weren't being blown up. What is this world coming to?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

In Venezuela people talk about that!!! It caused a big impact!!! At least in my city everybody is talking about her... It is corious that people is interested in others when they die :?
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

well,
i think that the prisedent himself is responsible for the assassination,if we look the the policatcal situation i think there a link :?:

what do u think :|
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Oriani wrote: It is curious that people is interested in others when they die :?
Indeed :!:

I had no idea who she was, and nevertheless I've heard her name a million times today. May she rest in peace.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Oriani wrote:In Venezuela people talk about that!!! It caused a big impact!!! At least in my city everybody is talking about her... It is corious that people is interested in others when they die :?
Well, actually I was shocked but it was predictable after a fertile attempt of assasination some time ago. Even my Mother - a person who keeps far from politics, was shocked when I told her the news as she remembers Bhutto since she [Bhutto] was young.
I'm not sure if here the impact is very strong, it's New Year's Eve and people pay attention only to discounts and sales... but there is loads of information, no analytics, just about the murder and about Bhutto's life.
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

http://www.bloggernews.net/112686

i feel sorry for her.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Yes. May she rest in piece. Someone had to do her job and she did!! and yes, Tora, some time ago she was attempted to assasination, but, you know... Even it was announced is still shocking... Well.. it would happen someday...Unfortunately for her and for other people who followed her.
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

First at all, I´m so sorry to hear that a human being is assassinated in that way.. :( :( . No one deserves to die in such a cruel way. I know this words just may be dust in the wind, but I´d like to use this forum to express my condolences to the family and her followers for such a irreparable lost, and I hope that the responsables of this atrocity will be caught soon and put in jail right away...
zaman wrote:Who is the beneficiary of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto death of former Prime Minister of Pakistan
It´s difficult to say. As far as I know, she had many enemies that wanted her dead, so I must confess that, to me, the assassination was " A chronicle of a foretell dead"... In my humble opinion, there are two suspect: The first one would be the Pakistani military establishment, which is pretty involve in the polical life of the country. So, If she had been elected as a prime minister, she could have become in a obstacle for what they think is the best for the country, I mean, for them, it was very unconfortable to have as a prime minister someone who didn´t share their point of view. And the second suspect would be the islamic extremist, which will never accept the fact that a woman could hold the power in a islamic country..
southrnpride wrote:I was devastated to hear that she'd been killed. The only person who benefits from her death is the current Pakistani leader.

I don´t think so... You see, Musharraff's regime is very weak, that´s the reason why he called her, to bring some stability to the country after he decided to declare the emergency state... So, It was very inconvinient for him that something happened to her, because he would be the first suspect.. I don´t think he is that stupid.. but who knows?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I couldn't belive it! :shock:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Perhaps, she has been killed in order to postpone coming elections.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

zaman wrote:Who is the beneficiary of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto death of former Prime Minister of Pakistan
We can direct this question to the organization that wanted her to be killed.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

jrkp wrote: a woman could hold the power in a islamic country..
It's hard for a woman to enter this "men only" area in general. She was like Aung San Suu Kyi to me.
BenM

Post by BenM »

I don't like it when news become grim so sometimes I try to avoid it all and just have a peace of mind
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Seems everybody here is BHUTTO's men/women.

Keep in mind, when Bhutto was the prime minister, her government was considered corrupt!!! :!:
We're all friends, right?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

bambang wrote:Seems everybody here is BHUTTO's men/women.

Keep in mind, when Bhutto was the prime minister, her government was considered corrupt!!! :!:
I can't get your logic here, Uncle Bambang.
esl member since 2007
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

krisi wrote:

Facing corruption charges, Bhutto left Pakistan in 1999...
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

bambang wrote:
krisi wrote:

Facing corruption charges, Bhutto left Pakistan in 1999...
What do you want to imply?

To be honest, I really didn't know her until public disagreement about her (from some people) came out in the open lately...however you look at it, no one deserves to die in that way.
esl member since 2007
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Bhutto's corruption cases.
These might be true.

1. The assets held by Bhutto and her husband have been scrutinized. The prosecutors have alleged that their Swiss bank accounts contain £740 million.

2. In the largest single payment investigators have discovered, a gold bullion dealer in the Middle East was shown to have deposited at least $10 million into one of Zardari's accounts after the Bhutto government gave him a monopoly on gold imports that sustained Pakistan's jewelry industry. The money was deposited into a Citibank account in the United Arab Emirates sheikdom of Dubai, one of several Citibank accounts used by Zardari (Bhuttos's husband).

3. Together, the documents provided an extraordinarily detailed look at high-level corruption in Pakistan, a nation so poor that perhaps 70 percent of its 130 million people are illiterate, and millions have no proper shelter, no schools, no hospitals, not even safe drinking water. During Bhutto's five years in power, the country became so enfeebled that she spent much of her time negotiating loans to stave off default on more than $62 billion in public debt.

4. Other properties that Pakistani investigators have linked to members of the Bhutto family include a string of luxury apartments in London. Pakistan has asked the U.S. Justice Department to investigate still more bank accounts and properties, including a country club and a polo ranch in Palm Beach County, Fla., said to be worth about $4 million, that were bought by associates of Zardari in the mid-1990s.

5. On July 23, 1998, the Swiss Government handed over documents to the government of Pakistan which relate to corruption allegations against Benazir Bhutto and her husband.[19] The documents included a formal charge of money laundering by Swiss authorities against Zardari. The Pakistani government had been conducting a wide-ranging inquiry to account for more than $13.7 million frozen by Swiss authorities in 1997 that was allegedly stashed in banks by Bhutto and her husband. The Pakistani government recently filed criminal charges against Bhutto in an effort to track down an estimated $1.5 billion she and her husband are alleged to have received in a variety of criminal enterprises

6. The Polish Government has given Pakistan 500 pages of documentation relating to corruption allegations against Benazir Bhutto and her husband. These charges are in regard to the purchase of 8,000 tractors in a 1997 deal.[25][26] According to Pakistani officials, the Polish papers contain details of illegal commissions paid by the tractor company in return for agreeing to their contract

7. and many more.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

krisi wrote: To be honest, I really didn't know her until public disagreement about her (from some people) came out in the open lately...however you look at it, no one deserves to die in that way.
This is a very sensitive case...(no comment). Who am I to judge on the first place.
esl member since 2007
marcuswlima

Post by marcuswlima »

In brazil there is a singer called Chice Cezar thar made a music Benazir Bhutto.

"Não aponte o dedo para Nebazir..."

Thanks
welingtonbrasilian

Post by welingtonbrasilian »

good day for all and as this the day in its paises?