EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

MISS UNIVERSE 2008

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Miss Universe 2008

Postby tsuonal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:35 pm

I have watched Miss Universe 2008 on TV. I had guessed Miss Venezuela will be Miss Universe 2008, then I am right :lol: People < viewers, staff, the judging panel> appreciates her. Her beauty and smiles makes me think she can get "Miss Universe".

And the report I took from the website http://www.missuniverse.com:

DAYANA MENDOZA
MISS UNIVERSE® 2008

This evening, during one of the year’s most exciting live international television events, a star-studded panel of judges chose Miss Venezuela, Dayana Mendoza, as MISS UNIVERSE® 2008 live from the Crown Convention Center in Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam.

Ms. Mendoza is 22 years-old and her career ambition is to become an Interior Designer. She also enjoys photography and is interested in advertising

The judging panel for the 2008 Miss Universe Pageant included: Donald Trump Jr., Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization; fashion designer and entrepreneur Roberto Cavalli; Nadine Velazquez, international cover girl and star of NBCís "My Name Is Earl"; Jennifer Hawkins, television presenter and Miss Universe 2004; Louis Licari, celebrity colorist and "Today Show" ambush makeover expert; Joe Cinque, President of the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences; Bollywood film & TV star, dancer, model Eesha Koppikhar; Nguyen Cong Khe, Editor in Chief of Thanh Nien newspaper and international shoe designer Taryn Rose. Jerry Springer and Mel B hosted the telecast of the 57th Annual Miss Universe competition where Lady GaGa performed her hit "Just Dance".

Throughout the two-hour event, contestants from 80 countries and territories around the world competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and personality interview. Riyo Mori, Miss Universe 2007, crowned her successor at the conclusion of the two-hour primetime telecast, before an estimated worldwide viewing audience of more than 1 billion viewers.
tsuonal

Re: Miss Universe 2008

Postby MissLT » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:34 pm

My sister hated her. I thought she was alright, but her final answer was a beating-around-the-bushes-to-be-safe answer, or as I thought, dumb, to me. Actually, all of their answers were dumb, which speaks volume about this type of contest. Personally, I have always wondered why we even have beauty pageants in the first place. Aren't those girls already being advantaged by being beautiful? They say, God doesn't like ugly. Some people apply it for the outside; some apply it for the inside. Whatever suits them. Unfortunately, we live in a superficial world where most people only look at the outside. Those girls have a better outside than some people. So the question is, why on Earth do we need to focus more on them and neglect others who are suffering with whatever problems they have in their lives? I was so pissed to hear the prizes she got. :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Krisi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:31 am

Nice. :-)
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby Annaa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:29 am

I think that she is very pretty.The model from my country Kosova was the 10th.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:50 am

Annaa wrote:I think that she is very pretty.The model from my country Kosova was the 10th.

Pretty faces are really everywhere... and lovely hearts too. :-)
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby shynijenny » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:43 am

The noble award of Miss Universe 2008 was won by Miss Venezuela Dayana Mendoza -22, is a 5-foot, 10-inch, green-eyed beauty with dynamic and confident characteristics who enjoys learning languages and photography. A modern beauty Mendoza, is an intelligent , grace, charm and an elegance girl .
shynijenny

Postby robertflucther » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:00 am

The 22 year old Danyana from Venezuela is winning all hearts with her beauty and maturity. The learning habit from all incidents making her to crown this title. She learned how to calm under pressure when she was kidnapped once!!!! With that habit she is now kidnapping all hearts.

----------------------
robertflutcher
www.inspire-itsolutions.com
robertflucther

Postby Vasili » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 am

My sister hated her. I thought she was alright, but her final answer was a beating-around-the-bushes-to-be-safe answer, or as I thought, dumb, to me. Actually, all of their answers were dumb, which speaks volume about this type of contest. Personally, I have always wondered why we even have beauty pageants in the first place. Aren't those girls already being advantaged by being beautiful? They say, God doesn't like ugly. Some people apply it for the outside; some apply it for the inside. Whatever suits them. Unfortunately, we live in a superficial world where most people only look at the outside. Those girls have a better outside than some people. So the question is, why on Earth do we need to focus more on them and neglect others who are suffering with whatever problems they have in their lives? I was so pissed to hear the prizes she got.

Hello LennyeTran!

I'll answer your question! =) Do you like beautiful things? Do you like watching staggering movies? Do you like visiting museums and old palaces? Anyway, all over the world, through the whole history people like beautiful things: natural owe some sightseeing’s (waterfalls, seas, mountains), architectural buildings - The Freedom Statue, Winter Palace and etc. And the competition Miss Universe is just the same! Women are the one of the most beautiful things that God created. Don't you think so? But their beauty isn't immortal. Every year of their lifes they are getting older. Thus the Miss Universe is a competition to show all of us the most beautiful of them. And that is it.
:)
It would be so kind if you pointed out my mistakes in my posts. I would be so greatful to you!
Vasili

Postby sridha » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 am

Miss universe 2008 was crowned to Miss.Venezuela, Dayana. She is looking very beautiful. She is 22 years old. Her professional is modeling and interior designer. Her ambition is to become Miss universe. She achieved her goal at the year of 2008. She won the Best National Costume Award.

P.SRIDHA

viral markting
Last edited by sridha on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sridha

Postby sridha » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 am

Miss universe 2008 was crowned to Miss.Venezuela, Dayana. She is looking very beautiful. She is 22 years old. Her professional is modeling and interior designer. Her ambition is to become Miss universe. She achieved her goal at the year of 2008. She won the Best National Costume Award.

P.SRIDHA
sridha

Next

Return to Current News