EUROVISION 2009 IN MOSCOW

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Romantica

EUROVISION 2009 IN MOSCOW

Post by Romantica »

Hi everybody {-;
Eurovision is coming..very soon..in May already.But even by now there're lots of scandals and disputes about it - Ukrain singer represents Russia with the 2-language-song,then Georgian group was left out the contest with politically incorrect song "We Don't Wanna Put In",as though it's adressed to Russian Prime Minister V.Putin...What is next??? Please,share ur opinions about it :-)
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: EUROVISION 2009 IN MOSCOW

Post by wllsp »

I think there would be no more scandals as there are only two countries that has had some problems with Russia recently. I mean Ukraine had a gas row and Georgia had a war. Seems like the other European countries coexist right now more or less peacefully with Russia.
AdiNNa

Post by AdiNNa »

Throughout time Eurovision has become rather a political contest , than a creativity one!!
I claim this because there were songs which really deserved the 1st place, the reason of not winning the competition was,of course,the one aforesaid.

I like the song of Greece last year.

This year my fav is Turkey {-:

What about you ?

Which are your favourites ?
Masha

Post by Masha »

Hello everybody! Would you do me a favour?
The name of the singer who will represent my country(Belarus) at this contest is Petr Elfimov. And here is a link to his official video with the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgxQ7iHnjw
Please, would you be so kind as to watch it and give me your opinion of this guy? I really want to know what you think of him.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Masha wrote:Hello everybody! Would you do me a favour?
The name of the singer who will represent my country(Belarus) at this contest is Petr Elfimov. And here is a link to his official video with the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgxQ7iHnjw
Please, would you be so kind as to watch it and give me your opinion of this guy? I really want to know what you think of him.
Hello neighbour!
Well, as far as you haven't asked about his song I will judge only about his appearence ;-) - yesterday I saw him on TV - in comparison with a black-haired one that represented Belarus a year or two ago (please, can't recollect the name, but he was truly handsome) - Petr is less attractive! :-P But please don't feel offended, just a single opinion. I also find him a bit chubby and I can't stand when men die hair and wear tight pants.

And about the song - I don't know I never like ones that win the contest, The one thing I'm sure in - ours is uglier - I mean both the singer and the song :mrgreen:
Masha

Post by Masha »

Thanks for your opinion, Tora. As for me, I don't like Petr either. Many people blame him for being too arrogant and selfish. Besides, the song could be better. I don't think he'll be extremely successful at Eurovision.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Masha wrote:Thanks for your opinion, Tora. As for me, I don't like Petr either. Many people blame him for being too arrogant and selfish. Besides, the song could be better. I don't think he'll be extremely successful at Eurovision.
Woof, I'm happy I haven't heart your feelings. Well, I suppose here it's quite an event, even my beloved Prime-minister visited the eurohouse or something of that kind.

I suppose I'll watch the final, whike the rest I can easilly skip ;-)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I saw the beginning of it yesterday. I turned tv off because it was as bad as usual or even worse. Well I try to watch finale, so I can leave my negative comment about it for finale. :evil:
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

well...as for me, I liked this year's performances than previous one...

I like Lithuania and Norway very much!

Furthermore, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Sweden were quite successful yesterday!
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Let me be the first one to comment on the show this morning - for the first time I'm so proud of the show that my country has presented, I believe it was one of the most exciting in the history of this contest. The singers were quite good to my amazement.
As for my preferences - Portugal, Iceland, Norway, Turkey and Armenia.
erm, the ukranian girl was a mere example of how common society thinks about slav ladies - the next step after this is sexual slavery, very vulgar.

I liked Estonia, but the chorus melody still remembers me about some other song I can't recognize
The British girl has a wonderful voice, but unfortunately the song was really boring :~:
I don't want to comment on our singer, I have already spoken about it :~: :roll:

That' all, folks!
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Well I'm then second to tell my humble opinions of Eurovision then.

I must admit the show was this time amazing. But also much more expensive than any before. And songs compared with the show were mostly terrible as they always have been. Why it's called song contest? It have nothing to do with songs... When there's only few songs that I can bear to listen/watch. Rest are just so horrible, that they make me to mute the sound and turn away from tv.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Latina wrote:Hello everyone!
If to tell the truth, last 2 years I didn't see this show. I have only one reason of it - the results don't depend on abilites of the participants. :geek:
It's a song-contest, a song is winning - not a participant, in my opinion, this year a British girl has a marvellous voice but fails because the song is boring.