Worst Natural Disaster in Australian History

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

TaraBenwell

Worst Natural Disaster in Australian History

Post by TaraBenwell »

dateline: 17 January 2011 ~ Worst Natural Disaster in Australian History

See the above for audio story, text and words.

Discussion question: Many grocery stores and banks have been closed in major Australian cities due to the recent flooding. Are YOU currently prepared for an emergency such as this?
Rafal

Re: Worst Natural Disaster in Australian History

Post by Rafal »

No, I'm not prepared for an emergency such as this. I think people in the area where I live are not prepared either. We have experienced flood in Poland many times, the biggest one since 150 years was on May 2010. Many people were affected by massive flood. Luckily, there was enough food for everybody, they can transport it from other parts of Europe. People don't think about any food storage rather about where to run away with the most valuable stuff.
Mother nature! We build something for many years she can damage it in a couple of minutes let alone people who are killed.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I live in an area where floods never happened. However, last year in the other parts of the country (quite far from here) it did happen. But personally I don't see a need to panic..
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Sometimes I think about.
No, I've not prepared to prevent or avoid these kind of disasters. Even I live near the banks of a river it has caused several floods many years ago. Possibly I don't care because I live on the 8th floor. But as I say, sometimes I think about because the weather is getting worse, it seems it's getting mad, and someday maybe we will win this undesired lottery.