EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What is your favourite book?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby illusion » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm

and as for me I am also a huge fan of Shakespeare's works. My beloved hamlet ahhhhhhhhh:D
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:59 pm

illusion wrote:and as for me I am also a huge fan of Shakespeare's works. My beloved hamlet ahhhhhhhhh:D

I love the plays, but I can't read the books. They're too mushy to me, and I don't like old English.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby quicksilver » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:39 am

I esp like Russian literature.
Many famous novels
Such as Anna Karenina
And French Literature : The three muskerteers by Alexans Dumas.
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:29 am

illusion wrote:and as for me I am also a huge fan of Shakespeare's works. My beloved hamlet ahhhhhhhhh:D

I love his plays, too. And I love Hamlet :!:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Marisha » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:51 am

Hi. My favorite book is Master and Margaret by Bulgakov. He is russian writer. Did anybody hear about him or about other russian writers? P.S. Excuse me for my english. I know it very bad but I try to improve it.:)
Marisha

Postby Jail4bird » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:12 pm

It's difficult enough to name some exact favourite authors and their books... You know, all those Russian with their classics, some English, French, German, American.... I love a lot of books... I don't have 1 favourite book... It can change every time I read something new and unknown! The last book I like very VERY much was if I am right Ien Benks "Street of Despair" I may give the wrong title, i read it in Russian, but I liked it... I simply like all his books very much ))
Jail4bird

Postby illusion » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:03 pm

yeah... hamlet is definitely the most gripping play by Shakespeare
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby LittleA » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:10 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum!

Hmm, I'm happy that I can see so many people who like books! Very good!!

I like russian authors, as well! I've just read Crime and Punishment, it was not bad, however I didn't expect such ending..

Do you like horrors? I like Stephen King's books, however I think sometimes he exaggerates..

The best books ever are Birdy by William Wharton and Behind the Glass Wall by Robert Merle.
LittleA

Postby Silvita » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:18 pm

LittleA wrote:I like russian authors, as well! I've just read Crime and Punishment, it was not bad, however I didn't expect such ending..

Do you like horrors? I like Stephen King's books, however I think sometimes he exaggerates..

The best books ever are Birdy by William Wharton and Behind the Glass Wall by Robert Merle.

Hi LittleA. I is so nice to find a twin soul so far. When I read "Crime and Punishment" I had a disappointment. too. But not only in the ending, I felt in the middle of the book that the history was turning bored.

I love Stephen King. The last book of him I read was:
"The Long Walk".

I am going to read the books you recommended.

My prefer books is: "Ensayo sobre la ceguera" by Saramago.
Silvita
Silver Member

Postby LittleA » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:09 pm

Hi,

Yes, you also felt that feeling in the end? It was too nice, too stereotyped!! Or if he really wanted to finish like this, he shouldn't have it explained in so many words (ok, it wasn't SO many, but it was too much), he should have only referred that maybe they will realize that they love each other.

Oh, it's so nice, that you want to read what I liked! :) It's worth to read them, especially the Birdy.

Is Saramago spanish?
LittleA

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors