EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

dan brown

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:45 pm

tikay wrote:Okay now we are getting somewhere!
This is utterly ridiculous! They cant sue for such a thing because they have no monopoly on thoughts.... and on all other histories of such thoughts....the books they studied to get their notions about this? The so called "pseudo" history is not theirs alone...it belongs to every living being, they merely wrote a book on the subject after many had already been written on such things....just look up the subject in amazon.com and you will be led to hundreds of books... for crying out loud! Are they trying to say no one ever thought of the theory before. GOODNESS....they are the fools then. Let them waste their time in court because Dan will just win, and be assured he will win if this is why they are suing. They would have to prove the impossible that no one even considered these things, before their book was written....fat chance there.

Exactly! And this is the reason why Dixie said they wanted their share of the cake. :wink: What a system for ya, people just sue anything that moves. How sad....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby tikay » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:57 pm

Well it all makes sense in a way...they want to assume credit and apparently think they can get over on a judge ...that they came up with an ancient idea :lol: whatever ! They are probably just ... in for a rude awakening, and they will have to pay Dan insted of being payed by Dan...good for them. Dan Brown is actually going to get more credit for an old idea because of these people ...Ironic isn't it. He will be more in the limelight and now, even more people are going to read his book! :lol: (which is a good thing!)
Last edited by tikay on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:00 pm

Now I'm just afraid that they would withdraw what they said about Dan not stealing their source, you know. If they said Dan never asked their permission or they never granted theirs, then Dan could be in big trouble. Don't you think? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby tikay » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:39 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Now I'm just afraid that they would withdraw what they said about Dan not stealing their source, you know. If they said Dan never asked their permission or they never granted theirs, then Dan could be in big trouble. Don't you think? :?

I was watching something last night on the gnostic depiction of the life of Christ....and the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail, will need to sue them too ... :D They cant go around suing every single person or enterprise who has a similar message can they?...it is just bizarre.
I think they have gone one step further than they meant to with the suit maybe...and they are now grasping at straws to figure a way to get some of Dan Browns money.
I cant believe that he is in any real trouble now that I hear why they are suing him.
If a person rises to sucess they are far more apt to be sued by all sorts of people. The key is to have on call ...your own good representation...your very own smart attorneys, helping you keep the money you have acquired, and to do things in a lawful manner pretty much at all times - just to keep from being sued by those who want a bit of your pie.

You either have to live in near-total poverty... or risk being sued by people...it seems, and that is sad!
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:49 pm

Uh huh, that's why I think it is so funny that in the Simpsons there is a short clip about Lionel Hutz and his moral sense. I think this is the clip,

(After Marge is acquitted of shoplifting)
Bart: When I grow up, I want to be a lawyer just like you.
Hutz: Good for you, son. If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers. Can you imagine a world without lawyers?
(Hutz imagines people of diverse ethnicities dancing in a circle in a lush, sunny landscape and shudders)
(copied wikipedia)

Gosh, I had a stomache for laughing out loud so much. This is so true and sad about America and any democratic countries in the world.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby ahmads » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:40 pm

This is the first time I participate here in this section,,
actualy I don't like reading very much ..from books
I read about history and technology and about biology .
But I want to read this book ,,I have searched for it to buy it in libraries but :cry: :cry: Don't ask me why?? :cry:
yesterday I downloaded it from internet ,,Arabic edition ..
I just know the main Idea ... but it is very big .
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:44 pm

ahmads wrote:This is the first time I participate here in this section,,
actualy I don't like reading very much ..from books
I read about history and technology and about biology .
But I want to read this book ,,I have searched for it to buy it in libraries but :cry: :cry: Don't ask me why?? :cry:
yesterday I downloaded it from internet ,,Arabic edition ..
I just know the main Idea ... but it is very big .

I have this book in English online. If you wanna read it in English, I can send it to your email.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby ahmads » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:46 am

LennyeTran wrote:I have this book in English online. If you wanna read it in English, I can send it to your email.

It will be very nice from you
My email :ahss2010@hotmail.com or
ahss2010@yahoo.com
I have one rose for you :D :lol:
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:21 pm

ahmads wrote:It will be very nice from you
My email :ahss2010@hotmail.com or
ahss2010@yahoo.com
I have one rose for you :D :lol:

Okay, the file is already sent.