EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Bill Gates!

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Bill Gates!

Postby quicksilver » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:14 am

I was really surprised when i read a book ( by First News) about Bill Gates. It is " The path to the future".This book is about Gates' career. He is a billionaire , has a great brain .The man who changed the entire world.It is not as interesting as other novel but i think it is really attract me.Bill Gates didnt graduate the university but he was so cool.The more i read about his life, the more i felt admire him.You can learn how to go into business.
" If you dont believe in your self, who will?" ( Bill Gates)
What do you think about Bill Gates?
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby weenixbreath » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:48 pm

He just did what he should do. I think. When we using microsoft windows operating systems, we should agree with his works are so great. It's no doubtful.
weenixbreath

I hear in scool

Postby tikay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:15 pm

I hear that Bill plans to give most of his (is it billions still?) to charity so i think that is pretty cool...he made it really big and he is being a good example to give much to charities...he should help sooner than later maybe...but he will do way more than I ever will so I can't say a word! :lol:
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby Admiral » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:37 pm

He is very loyal towards his wife Melinda Gates. For such a rich businessman, I think that schould be a great moral example.
Admiral

Re: I hear in scool

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:54 am

tikay wrote:I hear that Bill plans to give most of his (is it billions still?) to charity so i think that is pretty cool...he made it really big and he is being a good example to give much to charities...he should help sooner than later maybe...but he will do way more than I ever will so I can't say a word! :lol:

I don't know about this, but one thing for sure is he's been giving his money to charities. Some people doubt his motive because they think that he's trying to build a nice reputation instead of the one about using ruthless, illegal or monopolistic business practices in computer world. Whatever people think because to me he's still a generous person, even if he does his charity with a purpose. It is still better than some rich people who don't like to pour a single dime out of their pockets. Those are the worse :x .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

That is right!

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:24 am

I was just laughing about the way my professor and I were battling about the celebrety and how he said that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were just actors who had no business dipping into politics and we had a huge argument about it in class...me defending those two. He acted as if because they were actors they had no brains or hearts, I got so mad because he is not very smart and he thinks because he is a lawyer and teacher, he has the right to judge them? I asked if he was doing anything in politics...and doing anything to help the worlds children and such.
In the end I told him he may be just jealous of their money and the resulting influence.
Angelina and Brad have every right to be political...who isn't right? And to give to any charity they like...be involved in their goals....so what if they are actors, that does not mean they are not human. Same with the money-man... Mr.Bill right? :lol:
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby hoangthuong » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:00 am

I haven't read it,but I think it's very interesting, can U share the information with me
hoangthuong

Re: That is right!

Postby MissLT » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:01 pm

tikay wrote:I was just laughing about the way my professor and I were battling about the celebrety and how he said that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were just actors who had no business dipping into politics and we had a huge argument about it in class...me defending those two. He acted as if because they were actors they had no brains or hearts, I got so mad because he is not very smart and he thinks because he is a lawyer and teacher, he has the right to judge them? I asked if he was doing anything in politics...and doing anything to help the worlds children and such.
In the end I told him he may be just jealous of their money and the resulting influence.
Angelina and Brad have every right to be political...who isn't right? And to give to any charity they like...be involved in their goals....so what if they are actors, that does not mean they are not human. Same with the money-man... Mr.Bill right? :lol:

:? Hmmmm... are you answering my post? It's because I don't see it has anything to do with my post. I was not talking about politics, and whether Bill Gates could be involved in politics or not.

Anyway, about your post, I have to say I'm with your professor on this one right here. I meant, celebrities have every right to be involved in politics like everyone else, but I do not like to see them in office. They could discuss about politics, donate their money for the side they're with, raise funds for the campaign, etc. but do not try to run for a position. They have no experiments for it. Look at Anorld Schwarzenegger! :x
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Re: That is right!

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:40 pm

:? Hmmmm... are you answering my post? It's because I don't see it has anything to do with my post. I was not talking about politics, and whether Bill Gates could be involved in politics or not.

Anyway, about your post, I have to say I'm with your professor on this one right here. I meant, celebrities have every right to be involved in politics like everyone else, but I do not like to see them in office. They could discuss about politics, donate their money for the side they're with, raise funds for the campaign, etc. but do not try to run for a position. They have no experiments for it. Look at Anorld Schwarzenegger! :x

Are you trying to get nasty with me? Funny I thought I was agreeing with you....whatever, i am still standing with my opinion...are you trying to say that actors should stay away from politics? Even if some have failed others may do a great job...just like anyone else. Would you like to be told to stay away from politics? Bill Gates is big money, actors are big money...it is all connected. We may not like the ridiculous way it looks when actors and even so called "wrestlers" like Jesse Ventura become our politicians but political arena is full of clowns anyway who sell out their morals for money...in the long run.
If you are being mean to me just ask me to leave your post and I will gladly get lost. (with no hard feelings LT) :roll:
tikay
Platinum Member

Re: Bill Gates!

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:44 pm

[quote="quicksilver"] It is " The path to the future".This book is about Gates' career. He is a billionaire , has a great brain .The man who changed the entire world.

I think I will have to read this book now thanks for the heads up. (quicksilver) peace.
tikay
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Books & Authors