EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Pillars of the Earth

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

The Pillars of the Earth

Postby Dixie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:44 am

I started reading this novel two days ago, and I already think it's great :D I bought it because I heard such good comments about it and I was curious. I've only read 60 pages so far.

Has anybody else read it? I'd like to hear your opinions about this novel or others by Ken Follett :P
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Tora » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:31 am

It's so huge! It's waiting for me and throwing angry glances from the bookshelf :lol: ! I bought it hundreds years ago and still on the page number 35! I wonder if I could finish it up to the end? :roll:

good luck, Dixie!
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:23 pm

Thank you, Tora! At first I didn't feel like starting it either, it's so huge like you said... 1076 pages... but the moment I started it I knew I wouldn't regret it. It's great so far! :D
Dixie

Postby Tora » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:19 pm

aha! It must be very interesting - England in the 12th century, but the book is so hard to carry!!! Uf! what a shame! :oops:
you'll encourage me to read it...
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:35 pm

Yes but I'm sure it won't disappoint you :D Go, Tora, go!!! 8) :lol:
Dixie

Postby illusion » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:37 pm

You really shouldn't write about all the new books you read, cos I'm starting to feel a little jealous, ya know ;p I am in the process of getting the Historian now so don't you talk about any other new stuff in front of me! ;p
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:21 pm

BTW Mal, I read yesterday that Sony Pictures bought the rights of The Historian to make a movie! So you better get going!! :D
Dixie

Postby illusion » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:16 pm

Oh man, I hope I will become familiar with the book before the movie comes out. I'm gonna get it soon but still not sure whether in polish or try the english version. lol
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby rayuela » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:34 pm

Go on with the Pillars of the Earth Dixie!
I read it last summer (the 1076 pages :? ) and it was a good experience!!! There are very slowy parts in the beginning and in the middle. The rest of the book is very exciting and goes faster! It´s curios seeing a world where it could take a hole life building a Cathedral (and also the life of your children), where in War you could lose or gain a title depending on which king you support and if that king wins the battle,...

Well, tell me if you like or not the book. I am not going to tell you more... hahaha
rayuela

Postby Tora » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:41 pm

rayuela wrote:Go on with the Pillars of the Earth Dixie!
I read it last summer (the 1076 pages :? ) and it was a good experience!!! There are very slowy parts in the beginning and in the middle. The rest of the book is very exciting and goes faster! It´s curios seeing a world where it could take a hole life building a Cathedral (and also the life of your children), where in War you could lose or gain a title depending on which king you support and if that king wins the battle,...

Well, tell me if you like or not the book. I am not going to tell you more... hahaha

nooo! don't dare to tell more! I'm about to read it... it should be surprising for me :evil: :lol:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Books & Authors