How many books do you read in a year?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

In my opinion the idea of summing up the number of books you read in a year time is not so preposterous as it seems to you. there is no use to emphasize that you're a reading and intelligent person - I was sure in it :wink: 8)

but I guess it's very easy, I do remember the books I read and the plot and the characters, so why not to count the books? :roll:

so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Tora wrote: so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D
4 :roll:
Nu

Post by Nu »

Tora wrote:In my opinion the idea of summing up the number of books you read in a year time is not so preposterous as it seems to you. there is no use to emphasize that you're a reading and intelligent person - I was sure in it :wink: 8)

but I guess it's very easy, I do remember the books I read and the plot and the characters, so why not to count the books? :roll:

so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D
oh ) it just seemed unusual to me ) nothing else )

And haven't u got a problem: u know that u've read a book but don't remember when and even how many times? +) so i have one )
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Tora wrote:so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D
:oops: I still haven't finished the one I'm reading since last December :oops:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Nu wrote: oh ) it just seemed unusual to me ) nothing else )

And haven't u got a problem: u know that u've read a book but don't remember when and even how many times? +) so i have one )
sure it happens but with the books I read in my early childhood mostly :lol:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:
Tora wrote:so how many books did you read so far starting in 2007? :D
:oops: I still haven't finished the one I'm reading since last December :oops:
My dear Lady! that's just fine as sometimes I read the book as long as I can - to prolong the pleasure!

In january I was reading a lot, though it was supposed I was preparing to my exams, now I started a new semester and my books were replaced by studying :(
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

mrLenin wrote:
Cypress wrote:For the past three years I’ve been writing down the titles and authors of all the books I’ve read. I don’t know why I do it. I guess as a statistics student, I just like keeping truck of everything :lol:
So, this year I’ve read eight books in English, four in Russian, and one in Ukrainian. Thirteen in total.
So how do you know Ukrainian? Any relatives?

Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Tora wrote:
In january I was reading a lot, though it was supposed I was preparing to my exams, now I started a new semester and my books were replaced by studying :(
Mine were replaced with work files. :cry:
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

i've started reading The old man than the sea by Ernest Hemingway... i'm going on so slowly... i've read only 38 pages since yesterday...
honestly, i'm not really liking the book... i'm finding it boring :roll:

i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P
Nu

Post by Nu »

Dexter wrote: i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P
why do u read books which are unintresting for u in this case?
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Nu wrote:
Dexter wrote: i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P
why do u read books which are unintresting for u in this case?
to know what happens in the end! :P
i've read many books which i didn't like & thought were boring only to know what will happen and how it ends; so i think i'm doing the same about this book...
honestly, i doubt if i'll finish it... maybe i'll just put it away & try reading it again later after a couple of months or years... i've just got to page 55!!! it's a record for me... i usually read and finish a book of 500 pages in a day :P
nightwish

Post by nightwish »

I've read about 9 books!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Post by Dixie »

OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:

How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Tora wrote: How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:

Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Dixie wrote: Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:

I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Cypress wrote:
Dixie wrote: Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:

I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).
Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Tora wrote:
Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:

And you amaze me, Tora. You are a very observant person and have good memory. Indeed, those several short descriptions were excerpts from what I write in my journal :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Cypress wrote: I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).
Well that's an excellent idea! I will do that from now on. Thanks, Cypress! :D
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

I read 10 book in a year...........a big one.... :D :D :D :D
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Annaa wrote:I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .
Oh wow, that’s a lot. Just make sure reading that much won’t hurt your eyes.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Cypress wrote:
Annaa wrote:I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .
Oh wow, that’s a lot. Just make sure reading that much won’t hurt your eyes.

I know
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
PrinnySquad

Post by PrinnySquad »

My school makes all the freshman read at least 8 books for 2/3 of the year. And you have to actually read, take note, discuss and write essays about them. :evil: It's hard, I tell ya, saturating in the thoughts Einstein and Plato wasn't that easy.

Other classes requires couple more books. :lol:
And I read 5 on my own. That accounts for at least 15 books from last October.