How many books do you read in a year?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Nu wrote:
Dexter wrote: i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P
why do u read books which are unintresting for u in this case?
to know what happens in the end! :P
i've read many books which i didn't like & thought were boring only to know what will happen and how it ends; so i think i'm doing the same about this book...
honestly, i doubt if i'll finish it... maybe i'll just put it away & try reading it again later after a couple of months or years... i've just got to page 55!!! it's a record for me... i usually read and finish a book of 500 pages in a day :P
nightwish

Post by nightwish »

I've read about 9 books!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Post by Dixie »

OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:

How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Tora wrote: How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:

Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Dixie wrote: Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:

I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Cypress wrote:
Dixie wrote: Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:

I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).
Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Tora wrote:
Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:

And you amaze me, Tora. You are a very observant person and have good memory. Indeed, those several short descriptions were excerpts from what I write in my journal :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Cypress wrote: I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).
Well that's an excellent idea! I will do that from now on. Thanks, Cypress! :D
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

I read 10 book in a year...........a big one.... :D :D :D :D
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Annaa wrote:I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .
Oh wow, that’s a lot. Just make sure reading that much won’t hurt your eyes.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Cypress wrote:
Annaa wrote:I read `bout 100 books in a year.I won 2 times 1st prize in my city library for read books,nd once I won second prize.I make a recor there :-D .
Oh wow, that’s a lot. Just make sure reading that much won’t hurt your eyes.

I know
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
PrinnySquad

Post by PrinnySquad »

My school makes all the freshman read at least 8 books for 2/3 of the year. And you have to actually read, take note, discuss and write essays about them. :evil: It's hard, I tell ya, saturating in the thoughts Einstein and Plato wasn't that easy.

Other classes requires couple more books. :lol:
And I read 5 on my own. That accounts for at least 15 books from last October.