EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby illusion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:51 am

you know what annoys me most? the whole year waiting for the book. You wait so much and then once you get hold of it you read it in few days and it's all over. I know it's a big event but to me it's a bit of a waste of time because we all wanna know how the book's gonna finish, don't we? I won't sleep peacefully untill I lay my hands on the 7th book...;p
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:16 pm

illusion wrote: I won't sleep peacefully untill I lay my hands on the 7th book...;p

Re-read the books :lol: . I've seen in some websites that people re-read them for like three or four times. They analyze them and stuff for discussions. Really interesting.
Hey, one question for you? Which character do you like the MOST?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:05 pm

:cry: Man, I've finished the sixth book, and it was one of the saddest series. It was Sirius in fifth and now him in sixth. Goooossshhhhh. Although I knew Dumbledore would die at the end, but I couldn't help myself from crying :cry: :cry: :cry: . I can't believe it. I just can't.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby hedwig14 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:24 am

if it's a movie, it would be a blockbuster.... well i know very well it could surpass the sales of the goblet of fire...
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby trinity19 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:00 am

LennyeTran wrote::cry: Man, I've finished the sixth book, and it was one of the saddest series. It was Sirius in fifth and now him in sixth. Goooossshhhhh. Although I knew Dumbledore would die at the end, but I couldn't help myself from crying :cry: :cry: :cry: . I can't believe it. I just can't.

yeah, it's unbelievable and for some stupid reason i always thought that snape was on the right side coz dumbledore was so sure about it...and yeah, definetly, this book is darker...deaths, dark spells, traitors (as in real life)...i usually don't like the books that are so famous but j.k rowling is original and has a good writing style :)
trinity19
Silver Member

Postby illusion » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:31 pm

trinity19 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote::cry: Man, I've finished the sixth book, and it was one of the saddest series. It was Sirius in fifth and now him in sixth. Goooossshhhhh. Although I knew Dumbledore would die at the end, but I couldn't help myself from crying :cry: :cry: :cry: . I can't believe it. I just can't.

yeah, it's unbelievable and for some stupid reason i always thought that snape was on the right side coz dumbledore was so sure about it...and yeah, definetly, this book is darker...deaths, dark spells, traitors (as in real life)...i usually don't like the books that are so famous but j.k rowling is original and has a good writing style :)

one thing for sure: the ending sucks so much :(
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby trinity19 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:50 pm

illusion wrote:one thing for sure: the ending sucks so much :(

i think she j.k rowling is getting used to endings that suck :( in the last 2 books she finishes with deaths! :o
trinity19
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:32 pm

trinity19 wrote:

i think she j.k rowling is getting used to endings that suck :( in the last 2 books she finishes with deaths! :o

So the ending of the 7th would be good since it's already 2 out of 3, right? 8)
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:17 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
trinity19 wrote:

So the ending of the 7th would be good since it's already 2 out of 3, right? 8)

let's hope so... 8)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby illusion » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:04 pm

i read all the books in english. in fact i didn't even buy the last two in my naitive language....hehe
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors