EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Hardi » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Interesting books.. Though they are children's books, I finished all those 6 books something about 10 days.. I think it was too much for 10 days.. I got Potter's poisoning.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:47 am

nightingale wrote: Hi,
I'm a new comer in this discusion
Well, I've read this part after wating for a long time :)
Yeah, it's so wonderful!!! I can't find out any word to show my thought. :D
But I am also sad when Mr. Dumbledore died, and Hogwarts school has been closing. :( :( :(

My cousin refused to read the book when she'd heard he died. She did not wanna read it even when I shoved the book to her face, pressed it really hard on her while handcuffing and yelling, "read the damn thing! read it!" but she still said no. *Sigh* Some people are just too disobedient :P :lol: .

nightingale wrote:What can I say about J.K.Rowling, the author? She imagines so well, we were keen on reading Harry Potter , forgetting the time :D

She's just won the British award for greastest writer or something like that. It seems like it's a pretty big achievement for her. 8)
nightingale wrote:Now, I'm wating for the last one. I believe Lord Voldermort has to die because in the fight between good and evil, good be always the winner!!

Actually, I don't want him to die, though. In fact, I don't any of them die. I wanted the whole thing to be a dream or a kid's fantasies. If this idea is too 'unrealistic', then I'd like Voldermort to change. You know, he'd become the good guy because Harry finally broke him down. They're different in spirits, but they share the similarities of life. And like any Asian movies we see about those stupid good girls who are too good that they don't seem to get mad at the evildoers. "Forgive, forgive, forgive" they always say. Gosh, they make me sick! On the other hand, it sounds pretty nice. 8) :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:55 am

Hardi wrote:I'm so deeply beloved to lenny.. think that all nuts are lenny. Actually where lenny is? Closed into nutshause?

:oops: :wink: Oh gosh, you're making me blush, and it's a good thing. I normally don't feel ashamed or embarrassed :lol: :lol: . And I've been busy, so it's hard for me to participate here. I saw this message last week, but I didn't have enough time to answer. Now I can since I'm not feeling sleepy right now.
Oh yeah, I'm gonna be near to the nut house, actually :lol: . I will work in the same place with 14 men as my coworkers. Talking about too many men here! My supervisor has warned me that there will be a lot of sex talk and cussing. Let's see how nutty it will be. Right now, it seems like there are plenty of nuts to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

i think so

Postby xiangjing » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:52 am

i agree with you. :D thank you.
xiangjing

Postby MissLT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:03 pm

Why do I like it? Well, it's easy to understand. It's still good and interesting even though the author doesn't use all the big words. It fits for all ages. It has nice plot, good imagination, love, friendship, good and evil battles, discrimination, slavery, etc.

I can't believe the book coming out next year will be the last one. :cry: :cry:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Masayuki » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:28 am

Actually, I did not read yet. I look forward to publish a paperback version.

I am a student, so I do not have enough money to buy hard cover version. Also, I do not want to read Harry Potter in Japanese translation version. Because I read the series in English, paperback.
Masayuki
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:51 am

I have all six of them in ebooks. Want them? :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby kakashi » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:56 am

LennyeTran wrote:I have Harry Potter ebooks 1-6. I can send them to anyone who want to read them.

Hi Len, I have read Harry Potter 1-6 in our language, and i love them. I have ever read them in English. Can you share them with me? :)
Len, you have six oh them and you have read them? They are so interesting, aren't they? :wink:
kakashi

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:13 pm

Give me your email add. and I'll send the ebooks to your mailbox.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby kakashi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:48 am

my email is:binbin_159@yahoo.com :) thanks so much :D
kakashi

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors