EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: Harry Potter novels AND vocabulary....PLEASE HELP ME?

Postby illusion » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:45 pm

pharmart wrote:Hi, I am not an English speaking native and I thought I could improve my vocabulary by reading the Harry Potter novels. What do you think? I want to improve my understanding of English by reading the Harry Potter novels. Will the words used in those books be helpful?

reading any kind of book in English is a great idea. It will definitely improve your understanding and enrich your vocabulary. That's how I always feel after having read something in English ;) I think the potter books are good because you can get a lot of everyday British English in it :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Postby khangminh » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:44 am

Harry Potter is a good novel.I like Harry Potter so much. It has a lot of magic.It is risky and it takes me to discover many exciting places. It shows me a lot of mithological animal.
HARRY POTTER IS REALLY EXCITED AND ATTRACTIVE.
how about you? Can you tell me your idea?
khangminh
Silver Member

Postby **Elena** » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:50 am

As for me I read only first book and watched first movie and thats all! Enough!!!
I was not so impressed like you KHANGMINH, sorry!
**Elena**
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:47 am

**Elena** wrote:As for me I read only first book and watched first movie and thats all!

Just like me!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Vega » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:58 am

I haven't read any of the books. It's for kids!
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby khangminh » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:35 am

you are right,Xkalibur.I am just 13 and i love it so much. :D .But a lot of adult also love it like me.So you do not like Harry Potter,which kinds of novel do you like?
khangminh
Silver Member

Postby Vega » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:34 am

khangminh wrote:you are right,Xkalibur.I am just 13 and i love it so much. :D .But a lot of adult also love it like me.So you do not like Harry Potter,which kinds of novel do you like?

A lot of adults likes because they haven't grown up mentally, they are the same kids deep inside themselves.

I prefer realistic books..
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Hardi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:09 am

It's so good to be able not to be grown up by mentally. I have read all potter's books, except last one. I will wait until they translate it and someone buy it that I can borrow it to read. It's no point to me to buy that book. If I could have kids my self, it would be different I could buy it to them. :lol:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Xkalibur wrote:I haven't read any of the books. It's for kids!

That's what I used to think until somebody convinced me to read the first book. I loved it! I watched the movie right after that.
Dixie

Postby Hardi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:25 pm

Dixie wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:I haven't read any of the books. It's for kids!

That's what I used to think until somebody convinced me to read the first book. I loved it! I watched the movie right after that.
The first book was the best one.. next ones can hardly be good as first. Because they are continues of the first one, they stay always: second, third and.. etc. But movie was only first one that was good. next ones I even did not watch.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors