EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Kerouac's "On The Road" turns 50

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Kerouac's "On The Road" turns 50

Postby Tora » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:14 am

here is a book I read 3 times and I place this very author among my beloved ones... I'm not good at saying words you know, so just read the links if you're interested... Not that I recommend it to read to everyone - as it's just for those who feel same with me, and I don't want jerks and nerds to be familiar with this book... it's just the way I judge people, I ask him/she whether he/she has read this book or not, and if the answer is affirmative I think of the person as very nice... :lol:

newsweek article
wikipedia article

and a request of mine also - if anybody has the text of the book "Lonesome traveler" on his/her computer don't hesitate to send it to me, please :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:47 pm

Got his on the road in my favorite netlibrary account. I'll check it out when I have time. Is it a psychological book? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:47 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Got his on the road in my favorite netlibrary account. I'll check it out when I have time. Is it a psychological book? :?

not exactly, it´s a book about everything - life, love, friends, and the ROAD! We all know what is a road movie and it is a road book

let me know when you finish it :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:16 pm

I haven't started it yet. I've been listening to a thousand splendid suns. When I'm done with this book, I'll start reading this one. It sounds interesting based on your description. Let's see, I'll get a weekend break for Thanksgiving next week, so I think I'll check it out.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Re:

Postby Tora » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:47 pm

LennyeTran wrote:I haven't started it yet. I've been listening to a thousand splendid suns. When I'm done with this book, I'll start reading this one. It sounds interesting based on your description. Let's see, I'll get a weekend break for Thanksgiving next week, so I think I'll check it out.

Will I stand a chance asking you whether you liked it or not? 8)
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Kerouac's "On The Road" turns 50

Postby MissLT » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm

:lol: Sorry, sweetheart, I totally forgot about the book. You can ask me about it next week. I'm on my break right now, so I'll start on the book. My hands have been tied with the complete idiot guide to... books, that's why.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Tora, I'm "traveling" with him to San Francisco right now. So, how do you feel after the trip he's taken you all over the States? :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:01 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Tora, I'm "traveling" with him to San Francisco right now. So, how do you feel after the trip he's taken you all over the States? :wink:

I'm feeling of packing the rucksack, pouring a pint of coffee into the thermos and getting off on a canoe to San Francisco... It captures... I love Kerouac with all my heart! :oops:

I need to visit SF some day, probably I'll go someday to my relatives in LA and take a greyhound to SF... Can I still take a greyhound?
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Oh yeah, you definitely can, but why do you need to take a greyhound when you can just give me a call? It was an unfortunate that I couldn't take Dixie around because of my schedule, but this has changed. I'd love to take you around S.F whenever you come to the Bay. Just give me a call and I'll be on my way.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Did you laugh out loud when a kid said he'd like to become a hobo when he grew up and he did? :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Books & Authors