EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

About Thalia

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

About Thalia

Postby Elba » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:06 pm

:?:

Pooh,

What does chabelita mean? I mean chabelita is the nick name of "Isabel" a female name, but I don´t undestand what is the meaning for you.
About Thalia, all her soap operas are the second version of telenovelas of Veronica Castro, another mexican actrice.
Personally I´dont like Thalia very much, but I know some aspects of her real life. I was a coworker of a boyfriend of her mother and I knew Thalia when she was a girl (9 to 10 years old) She likes to read books of Gabriel García Marquez, a colombian autor.
When she was a girl she used to study French, dance, and music. Lot of people think Thalia pay a surgery in order to get a very thinny waist, but it is false, the waist of thalia is natural, not a product of surgeries. Her mother had a very thinn waist too, all her sisters are very beautifull too.
Well Pooh it is time to work, by by
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:13 pm

I dislike Thalia completely since the moment I first heard her song...

"Soy la hembra sandunguera, caliente como un fogón..." What's that supposed to mean? Women are not sexual objects.

See used to read Gabriel García Marquez? Wow. Then she is not an illiterate.

Sorry but I really hated her song.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Asep » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:11 am

I like many of her great telenovels like Marimar, Maria and many more. I also know a bit about her personal life. She once came to Jakarta, where I'm currently living. I can't remember what year she did.
Asep
Gold Member

Postby charlotte » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:55 pm

Asep wrote:I like many of her great telenovels like Marimar, Maria and many more. I also know a bit about her personal life. She once came to Jakarta, where I'm currently living. I can't remember what year she did.

i've also seen marimar, maria del barrio and rosalinda. these has been a craze in the early 90's here in the philppines. i find her pretty but i'm not that much of a fan of hers. yeah she really have a sleek waist. :D
Last edited by charlotte on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
charlotte
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:57 pm

Asep wrote:I like many of her great telenovels like Marimar, Maria and many more.

hahahahahahaha Image I just can't picture you watching those!!!! :D:D
Dixie

Re: About Thalia

Postby pooh_bear » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:44 pm

Elba wrote::?:

Pooh,

What does chabelita mean? I mean chabelita is the nick name of "Isabel" a female name, but I don´t undestand what is the meaning for you.
About Thalia, all her soap operas are the second version of telenovelas of Veronica Castro, another mexican actrice.
Personally I´dont like Thalia very much, but I know some aspects of her real life. I was a coworker of a boyfriend of her mother and I knew Thalia when she was a girl (9 to 10 years old) She likes to read books of Gabriel García Marquez, a colombian autor.
When she was a girl she used to study French, dance, and music. Lot of people think Thalia pay a surgery in order to get a very thinny waist, but it is false, the waist of thalia is natural, not a product of surgeries. Her mother had a very thinn waist too, all her sisters are very beautifull too.
Well Pooh it is time to work, by by

hi elba...well chabelita is the title of the telenovela taken from the name of the main character in the soap, a cute little girl whose parents were separated...about thalia she was i mean even till now she's still famous here in the philippines, she made filipino men crazy about her...
pooh_bear
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Asep » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:14 am

Dixie wrote:I just can't picture you watching those!!!! :D:D

As you might guess, this telenovela, like all other non-English TV programs- was dubbed before shown on our TV stations. Yeah, I just kept sitting before the magic box and finally realized I'd spent one hour watching a sleek-waisted girl playing her character. That used to be fun, though.... Haha.... :) :D :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Asep
Gold Member

thalia waist

Postby Elba » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:44 pm

Pooh,

From wich country is Chabelita soap opera?
Asep,
As Dixie I can´t imagine a girl in front of the tv seing the waist of another girl for 60 minutos, sorry but this is too funy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I prefer another kind of tv programs, exaple "Paradaise" from USA about a very very handsome men in the old West, or Emergency, from USA too.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Re: thalia waist

Postby Dixie » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:08 am

Elba wrote: Asep,
As Dixie I can´t imagine a girl in front of the tv seing the waist of another girl for 60 minutos, sorry but this is too funy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It IS funny, hahahahaha, because, as far as I know, Asep's not a girl! hahahha but anyway you're right, Elba! :D
Dixie

Return to Music & Movies