EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

I agree

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

I agree

Postby Elba » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:47 am

Dixie,
I agree with you about songs of Thalia. They are terrible. Personally I´don like spanish pop music, I prefer Otmar Libert, Yanis, Elthon Jon, trova cubana, ex Mecano.
Singers like Thalia, Paulina Rubio, Chaquira are not my favorit.
About que cultural level of Thalia, she has a good level, her father (died when she was a little girl) was member of one of the best families of México if we refer to intelectuals, intellegents and good economic position. I never understood why she decided to becoming actrice and singer if she has the posibility to study a good carreer, and of course to study at any foering university like Oxford of Cabmbridge, but... At México we used to say: every head is a different world.

by by, Elba
Pd: I love to read García Marquez, Saramago, Carlos Fuentes, etc.I like good movie too. What do you prefer? Maybe we could exchange knowledge about readings.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:28 pm

Wow Elba thanks for your questions.

I don't read much books in Spanish. I read a book by Portuguese writer Saramago once at college (Todos los nombres) and I found it really dull. I've never read anything else from him from then on :D

I think most books I read in Spanish were for school. I usually read books in Catalan or English.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

READING

Postby Elba » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:12 pm

:)

Don´t worry Dixie. I´m glad you had read Saramago once a time. I don´t used to read english books, I must to do it in order to improve my English.
You are a very intelligent girl, you speak spanish, catalan and english. I only spanish and english. I began to learn some hugarian words but it is toooooooooooooo difficult,and I´m so busy now, but I´m going to try.
by by
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:00 am

Glad to hear you'd like to improve! Learning languages is, for me, one of the most interesting things you can do. You know, I love languages. I love learning! :D and practising, of course, since there's no point in learning when you cannot put that into practise.

Reading books in English will help you a lot to improve. If you visit the General Discussion forum, you will see there's a topic there about books. Read it, since we talked about some books that we liked and maybe you're interested.

Thanks again for your kind messages :)
Dixie

books

Postby Elba » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:44 pm

Well Dixie,
see you at general discussion
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Music & Movies