EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

I agree

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

I agree

Postby Elba » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:47 am

Dixie,
I agree with you about songs of Thalia. They are terrible. Personally I´don like spanish pop music, I prefer Otmar Libert, Yanis, Elthon Jon, trova cubana, ex Mecano.
Singers like Thalia, Paulina Rubio, Chaquira are not my favorit.
About que cultural level of Thalia, she has a good level, her father (died when she was a little girl) was member of one of the best families of México if we refer to intelectuals, intellegents and good economic position. I never understood why she decided to becoming actrice and singer if she has the posibility to study a good carreer, and of course to study at any foering university like Oxford of Cabmbridge, but... At México we used to say: every head is a different world.

by by, Elba
Pd: I love to read García Marquez, Saramago, Carlos Fuentes, etc.I like good movie too. What do you prefer? Maybe we could exchange knowledge about readings.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:28 pm

Wow Elba thanks for your questions.

I don't read much books in Spanish. I read a book by Portuguese writer Saramago once at college (Todos los nombres) and I found it really dull. I've never read anything else from him from then on :D

I think most books I read in Spanish were for school. I usually read books in Catalan or English.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

READING

Postby Elba » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:12 pm

:)

Don´t worry Dixie. I´m glad you had read Saramago once a time. I don´t used to read english books, I must to do it in order to improve my English.
You are a very intelligent girl, you speak spanish, catalan and english. I only spanish and english. I began to learn some hugarian words but it is toooooooooooooo difficult,and I´m so busy now, but I´m going to try.
by by
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:00 am

Glad to hear you'd like to improve! Learning languages is, for me, one of the most interesting things you can do. You know, I love languages. I love learning! :D and practising, of course, since there's no point in learning when you cannot put that into practise.

Reading books in English will help you a lot to improve. If you visit the General Discussion forum, you will see there's a topic there about books. Read it, since we talked about some books that we liked and maybe you're interested.

Thanks again for your kind messages :)
Dixie

books

Postby Elba » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:44 pm

Well Dixie,
see you at general discussion
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Music & Movies