EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Corrs

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

Postby Asep » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:50 am

I like "Radio" most.
Asep
Gold Member

Postby _Arale_ » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:21 pm

I aslo like The Corrs much!!!!!! They sing so well really.Let me join The corrs'club with you, okie? :wink:

Hey Asep, is it you? You are very handsome, my child. :wink:

_Arale_
_Arale_

Postby Dixie » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:57 pm

Yeah that guy looks yummy :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Butler » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:53 pm

Dixie the moderator please do your job and stick to the topic, that guy looking good (or not) has sod all to do with The Corrs!! :D
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:08 pm

Don't worry Patrick, you're much hotter than him!!! :D
Dixie

Postby Butler » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:12 pm

That's very sweet, not true but thanks anyway 8)
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:15 pm

Dixie

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:59 am

Dear Butler,
After reading your message below, I felt an urge to write to you.

Butler wrote:Brit, timberlake etc can't really be labeled as artists, real artists are all about thier music whereas the fakes are all about setting styles and have no real idea what their music is about. It's a case of style over substance, as annoying as the Corrs are at least they write and play their own music, no denying their ability. I could debate music all day so I will stop.

I agree with most of your writing. Today's music is full of puppets who play the part the media moguls want them to play. There are very few bands and singers who play and sing the music that is inside them.
There have been trendsetters and millions of imitators turn up in the wake of them. It is not the problem. The real problem is that the media wants to stuff your head with scrap music. The real gems are hiding in the shade no searchlight is directed on them.
I think the whole music scene needs another punk and new wave uprising to shake up this glamorous void that is called music biz.
What about a new Clash?

Scarecrow
Scarecrow

Postby Butler » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:24 am

Scarecrow, I have no idea where you are from but you are 100% correct in my opinion. Media moguls are trying to force feed the youth this drivel, this started back in the 80's with Stock, Aitken and Waterman, they wrote some of the most annoying and pointless pop ever and the "artists like Kylie, Rick Astley, Mel And Kim and the likes lapped it up as it made them instant celebs and where are they all now?? (I know Kylie is still around but she had to re-invent herself). My point is artists like Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac and even todays efforts like Radiohead and Keane can hardly be described as media friendly presentations and they prefer it that way as their music means so much more to them than thier image. Scarecrow good to know someone else is on the same page as me. Welcome and hope to have more opinions from you.
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Previous

Return to Music & Movies