EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What about classical music?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

What about classical music?

Postby kovinhas » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:02 am

:)
kovinhas

Postby Podziomka » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:42 pm

Sometimes I like to listen clasical musis. For example it is thought that listening to Mozart helps to concentrate.
Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby Arale » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:13 pm

Classical music is a hard kind of music.It chooses best singers and even fans for itself.Pop seems to be the most easy to sing and singers may easy to get famous by pop .But actually,pop stars cannot maintain their postion in long term because audiences change their idol so quickly.In contrast,singers who sing classical songs always have a stable postion in the music world.They are,I mean,the best singers.They must have real ability of music, a wonderful voice, not a wondeful appearance.:_)

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby baggio » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:09 am

I think we have some best singers to sing classical music.
So far they are Groban and Church.

We also should make a definition about classical music. Do you think an evergreen song can be said as classical ones? Let me mention as "The Music Played" (Sorry I forgot the singer)
baggio
Silver Member

Postby Arale » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:20 pm

Do you know that classical music is a wonderful kind of music and it chooses its listeners or fans in other words.I am not very good at it,just have heard some such as Sonatas by Beethoven in which Opus 27-Moonlight is what I like most.I aslo admire Mozart-an Austrian musician.And I am very proud if I am a fan of this kind music.How pity,I could not apprehend it well.I love this saying of Warlock most.
". . . Music is neither old nor modern: it is either good or bad music, and the date at which it was written has no significance whatever. Dates and periods are of interest only to the student of musical history. . . . All old music was modern once, and much more of the music of yesterday already sounds more old-fashioned than works which were written three centuries ago. All good music, whatever its date, is ageless - as alive and significant today as it was when it was written ..." -Peter Warlock.

Evergreen is a nice song but I don't think it could be regarded as a classical song.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Hardi » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:05 pm

I like Enya too.. and vangelis... I think, it's hard to define what is classical and what isn't.
Sometimes, if I working with computer, I like listening some classical brodband radio stations..
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby fly-with-me » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:55 am

teddy wrote
teddy wrote
I very like Enya's music!
Her sounds is clear!

Hi teddy, I am also Enya' s fan. Her wonderful CD- A day without rain- made me really cool. :lol: When i hear her voice,I feel like I want to fly although i have no wings.
**True wealth is what you are,not what you have**
fly-with-me
Silver Member

Postby Arale » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:46 am

Have you ever listen to "Pesian Market" or "Turkist March"- Mozard ? They are so wondeful symphonies!

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:04 pm

Hi everyone.
I think that sometimes it's really nice to listen to the classical music, because when you need it helps you to relax, and it also helps you to concentrate on something you're doing. I'm often prepare for my exams listening Mozart or Bach.
Don't believe me
Valkyrie

Return to Music & Movies