EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

what are you currently listening to?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

Re: what are you currently listening to?

Postby septyani » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:34 am

I like J-Rock Music a lot
septyani

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 am

Hi today,

- a New Year 2011 begins,

I am going to welcome to it musically.

Thus I am offering to everyone New Year's 2011 concert from Berlin.

What do you think about Berliner's musicians?

I hope you will like them.

Whole concert is composed from 6 parts.

Lets start with the part 1:

New Year's 2011 concert from Berlin - part 1

Soon more older and latest music from me again,
LM

ps. All the best to everyone in New Year 2011!!!
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Lady Macbeth,

How are you? This is me Xkalibur, Vega is my new user-name..Sorry for being late, happy new year to you, too!

Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby LadyMacbeth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Vega (past Xkalibur) and everyone who cares...

Nice to see you dear Xkalibur - however why have you changed your nickname?
Why oh why? Have you made your skin white when you are black or what?
Well... I am faithful to my old nickname Lady Macbeth. Don't know why.
I think I should stay Lady Macbeth till the day when someone will ask me officially to change
my nickname again. But what a new nickname should I have then? I have no idea, really.
So lets leave sleeping dogs lying - my option for today.
Anyway - nice to see you here Vega in New Year 2011:)

I can see you put here some older music. I am comming back with something latest.
I must admit I presented here some Jimi Hendrix too. In my earlier posts in this thread. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago - his greatest hits like for example Woodoo child and some others.
I would have to look for that entry but I don't have a mood for that today.

Ok. When no mood for something older , something latest in a bit ... similar mood (hahaha)
First Empire of the Sun - Australian duo that plays electronical music in their hit
"We are the people" hmmm... hard to believe it but they seem to be rather human artists so who knows.... anyway lets start :

Empire of The sun We are the people

Another song that I want to present today is next duo (two duos today) - they are Taio Cruz and Australian superstar Kylie Minogue in their hit HIGHER.
Here we go:

Taio Cruz Ft Kylie Minogue Higher Official Video

So how you can see two duos and two times Australia in this entry! How do you like it?
Well ...as deals me I still like British Chemical Brothers or Faithless much more than Empire of the Sun electronical sounds. Though who knows - maybe soon I will change my opinion.
I mean what is British should stay British. And what is European should stay in Europe.
Empire of the Sun is too colorful to me. They can be colourful but they shouldn't be so much about journeys and landscapes somehow. I don't know. Too me they should be more about visions, imaginations - they are too US like. Though something new, indeed.
Someone else must rock when noone likes British electronical hits today.
People like interesting lanscapes and fast cars much better. Even with old Kylie Minogue inside.
What is your opinion about it Vega? Write it here please.
I am curious to know it.

Soon next songs from me.
LM.

ps. when it is so difficult to make a solo career these days as it seems to me (even for Kylie Minogue? though she started in duo as I remember) maybe we two also will make a musical duo to earn for a good life. What do you think about it Vega?
It is just my another idea how to make a career.
Can it work? What music would you like to play/sing?
Think about it.

LM.
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi Lady Macbeth,

Nice to see you. Thank you for the videos! However, the first link does not open. It says: This video contains material from the partner Vevo, who has blocked this content for display in your home country in order to comply with copyright laws. :-) ..

Unfortunately, I don't know what the conditions of modern electronic music are to keep a conversation with you. I simply listen to it.

Here's a nice electronic single 2u:
Röyksopp - So Easy (Mononoke)

LadyMacbeth wrote:ps. when it is so difficult to make a solo career these days as it seems to me (even for Kylie Minogue? though she started in duo as I remember) maybe we two also will make a musical duo to earn for a good life. What do you think about it Vega?
It is just my another idea how to make a career.
Can it work? What music would you like to play/sing?
Think about it.

LM.

I'm afraid if I start singing with you, we will receive nothing but eggs or tomatoes. :lol: ..my voice doesn't suit for singing..Perhaps, slow rap. Do you agree on slow rap band?

Bye for now,
Have a very nice days! :-)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Vega » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:29 pm

#1 amazing song: Coldplay - Don't Panic :ok:
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Vega » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 am

Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby LadyMacbeth » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:30 am

Hi Vega and everyone else who cares...

Thanks for your last music here - very interesting. I don't like Marilyn Manson - I don't like both these videos and music. Ryoksopp and Delphic are Ok, Delphic is better to me - video is OK but too cheap. This video is really great but too cheap and in case of Royksopp I think musicans don't want to be stars and that's the problem why they cannot be more successful. Of course this is my private opinion - they must think they are great musical artists instead of thinking about earning good money and be more famous here and there.

Now time for some others words from me.
To start with I want to say I am worried you cannot open my first link - though I am not sure which musical link do you mean - Berliner's musicians or Empire of the Sun? Berliner's musicans 2011 are banned indeed ( I am not sure why - but that's different problem) however We are the people by Empire of the Sun is still visible on my computer screen - I mean their video (and music too).

Well... how I wrote earlier ( or I am doing it now) I like this song of their and I like the video to it and their ideas about make up but I want to write others songs of this duo arenot as good as We are the people and I don't like them too much. Some are not the worst but well... maybe they should have different videos in the future, others arenot good - I think about tunes.
As deals videos in future they should probably go into direction of Coldplay's video you put here to their song Don't panic - so in my opinion they shoud do something similiar or... something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I am not sure. Noone can know it I think. We will live we will see what they will make up.

Well what I want to write here is to encourage people to rethink the subject of video as art that should accompany to the music. Thus I want to put here today two videos - they both are Coldplay's - which one is really better to their music? This is my question for today.

Coldplay TROUBLE1

Coldplay TROUBLE2

Ok. That's all today from me.
LM

ps1. What do you think about Katie Melua Vega? Do you know her songs?
ps2. At last I must also write that I am very worried you cannot see any great future before our musical duo. Anyway maybe this is better solution that singing slow rap. :roll:
However you know - we can have mysterious make ups and nicknames like Emipre of the Sun and try at least. Otherwise we can be very unhappy in life we lost a chance for something.
Don't you think? Even if we can sing only slow rap (if we are able to sing it well of course) ;-)

Soon next songs from me! Be patient!
LM.
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi my glamorous Lady Machbeth and everyone else who click the link we post..

Thank you for the videos.
So, you find Delphic's video cheap. :-? ..Well, I think you're a type of person who loves much visually rather than spiritually. Therefore, I prepared some fancy videos today for you. :mrgreen:

Nevertheless, I think that a video, or art in general, being cheap could comprise a lot..meaning, a philosophy. Have you ever seen any meaning in the Lady Gaga's or Beyonce's (and other R&B singer's) creativities. It's selling-out music, and so to encourage people to buy their music they are filming expensive videos every year..However, next year almost no one listening to their old songs, because it's not fashionable this year. This is what I observe here.

You asked me if I knew Katie Melua. Surprisingly, but I do have one song of her in my player. That's Nine Million Bicycles single from Ministry Of Sound-Chillout Sessions (CD 1) album. I like it very much. Did you hear that song?

LadyMacbeth wrote:However you know - we can have mysterious make ups and nicknames like Emipre of the Sun and try at least. Otherwise we can be very unhappy in life we lost a chance for something.
Don't you think? Even if we can sing only slow rap (if we are able to sing it well of course) ;-)

lol ..You know, my cousin has a musical band. They play alternative rock. They spent money to buy all musical instruments needed and even found a beautiful girl for the vocal. They often come together for rehearsals. I was once there to see how they play. :-) ..I didn't like em', even a beautiful girl can't sing properly. They have no future certainly. They just don't have talents to play and sing the way to be appreciated.

:arrow: Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks

:arrow: The Fratellis - Flathead

:arrow: Vanilla Sky - Just Dance

P.S.
All is not gold that glitters.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Vega » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Music & Movies